A virtual tour of HI in Nepal

Small shops here are never inspected. It took major complaints at the huge (over 20,000 employee) industrial complex where i work at to get them to set foot in the door and they are busy allowing businesses to meet their "Gold Standard" briefly to be self-policing so that can not bother coming back again....

Then something goes wrong and they swarm in as killer bees....

I did not catch this video in the archives and very glad it was bumped to top or i would have missed it.

We krauts would never do something as silly as wear a dress to war....we always did more dignified things like paint ourselves blue and run naked into battle.

Between high school and the Army, I spent some time welding in a South Louisiana shipyard. You have no idea. Welding in a barge, frayed leads, with the bulkhead covered with methyl-ethyl guess-what, encouragement to find something else.

Last edited:
We used to wash the solid coat of zinc chromate primer off of exposed skin with MEK or PD680 dry cleaning solvent and skin would be dried bleached white....and inside fuel tanks with 6" of JP and only protective gear white cotton coveralls with elastic cuffs to prevent anything in our pockets from staying in the tank when we left....and i worked shipyards and offshore and shrimp boats as a kid....OSHA? Geshundheit....

Yup.... We do what we do and have done, so our children may do better. After the Army, college, kids, and now grandkids.

Back