Aces and Eights

This project has definitely sparked my interest and imagination.

One pin left for the handle, it'll secure the tang and the handle together. I was going to do 2 but I think one in the back section will be just right. This thing will have a total of 15 parts, 9 of those being pins (2 unseen guide pins ins the ferrule/guard/handle if you're coming up short;)).

Trying to decide between these two images for the spine.

Apparently these are called "underline flourishes"? A subtle one of these down the spine might look classic.
SmartSelect_20200615-233656_Chrome.jpg

Or a card suit, (Each one rotated so they're in a line instead of side by side).
set-vector-playing-card-suit-260nw-637595929-01.jpeg
Opinions?

Personally, I think 'The original Bowie Knife' is always good, but short of that, the card suit seems a tad nicer...

Hey John, know you've been working on Cowbells and Campers, but any update on these? I'm jonesin!:oops::D

I'll be getting back after them very soon. I'm shaping the 2 Campers and Cowbells this week, after that I'll work these into the groove. I forget that summer is hell on my shop time!

I'll be getting back after them very soon. I'm shaping the 2 Campers and Cowbells this week, after that I'll work these into the groove. I forget that summer is hell on my shop time!

Thanks John. Totally understand things slowing down in the summer...you gotta have some me time, especially after the winters you must have up there!

Back