Aces and Eights

I'll be getting back after them very soon. I'm shaping the 2 Campers and Cowbells this week, after that I'll work these into the groove. I forget that summer is hell on my shop time!
What day did summer land on this year? Hope it was a weekend so you could enjoy it.

What day did summer land on this year? Hope it was a weekend so you could enjoy it.
Summer was damn near a week this year and it was way too hot! Which anything over 64 is too hot if you ask me.

Coffin handles are gonna be my laser focus, unfortunately, that's probably not gonna be until the end of October. Gonna have a shop closure for about two weeks:(

Golly. We never get summer here.:(
120193551_3523360441048755_2669729914220425619_o.jpg

Nice shot! Sunrises and sunsets, and everything in between.

:thumbsup:Been anxiously waiting for you to get back to this!

20210118_000905-01.jpeg
The Spade seemed to lead nicely so I went with that order. Apparently Faro only used one suit, usually Spades so I thought it seemed fitting. The suits fall between the plunge line and the beginning of the swedge.

I know right? List wanted to let you guys know these are still in the loop. Gonna solder the guard on next. I'm trying a museum fit on these, I'm hoping it works out.

Back on the bench. Heavy etched wrought iron really goes with the style. The guard is soldered and the alignment pins that start inside the guard are drilled through the ferrule and into the handle. The mortise tang handle was no small feat for me, this is the first of this construction that I've done.
20210918_193912-01.jpeg

I have this set up with Nickel Silver pins around the perimeter of the handle and think I'll use a bronze pin through the tang to match the guard.

20210918_194002-01.jpeg

Back on the bench. Heavy etched wrought iron really goes with the style. The guard is soldered and the alignment pins that start inside the guard are drilled through the ferrule and into the handle. The mortise tang handle was no small feat for me, this is the first of this construction that I've done.
View attachment 1642993

I have this set up with Nickel Silver pins around the perimeter of the handle and think I'll use a bronze pin through the tang to match the guard.

View attachment 1642994

Man, that is really looking sweet. That wrought iron really takes the cake - such a stellar choice of material.

A carved baby Faro? Color me intrigued.

Back