• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Aerosknives (David Corona)

Hello,

I've been lurking here for month now, I was going to make a detailed review of my Rover knife from Guinea hog forge as my first post, I guess that will be the next one.

Now here's my complaint, I contacted David for a custom order, I put $50 for a downpayment, and due to unforseen uncircumstances I had to cancel it. I requested for a refund, three weeks later, there's nothing. I emailed him a few times and responded that he will have the refund right away, but haven't done so. Also, he specifically directed me to send money to friends and family. by doing this, there's nothing to dispute.

Last edited:
Payment through F&F on PayPal makes it very tough--if not downright impossible--to get any kind of financial compensation.

I know it doesn't get your money back, but by spreading the word, you may be preventing another person from making the same error.

Usually if somebody is adamant about *only* accepting Friends and Family, it raises a red flag. Personally, I would not go through with the deal.

Another option would be to offer to use Goods/Svc.and pay the fees, if you *really* had your heart set on this particular item. That way, if he disappeared, you could file a claim, and PayPal would have you covered. If the person still refused to take payment this way, then you would know for a fact that it was a scam.

I know none of this advice will get your money back, but maybe it will help you for next time.

Just My opinion, but you are lucky he is even offering a refund on your deposit. They are often non refundable to avoid cancelations without compensation for the time put in(and possibly ordering of materials) by the maker.
You also have to watch out paying anything up front. I have been burned by a couple makers.

I would contact him and see if he's willing to use the deposit towards the knife when the circumstances change where you can get the knife regardless of the time frame.

Did you ask if the deposit was refundable? Did he mention anything when he asked for a deposit ? Since you've been lurking for a month and know what this forum is about, hopefully you've seen the sticky about PP family & friends payments. Sometimes, experience is costly.

I would contact him and see if he's willing to use the deposit towards the knife when the circumstances change where you can get the knife regardless of the time frame.

Did you ask if the deposit was refundable? Did he mention anything when he asked for a deposit ? Since you've been lurking for a month and know what this forum is about, hopefully you've seen the sticky about PP family & friends payments. Sometimes, experience is costly.

No sadly is was not aware of the PP family and friends rules. I won't be dealing with him, ever....this got me thinking that he knew I can't go after him if I used PP family and friends.

Maybe I should contact Dan Coppins from BHK, it seems like he has some affiliations with them.

Last edited:
There are many good knife makers out there that are poor business men. From my limited experience the best either don't ask for deposits until they are ready to start the work or keep the deposits in escrow separate from their working capital. It is very easy for new knife makers to get behind financially. They spend the deposit money on new equipment or life and after which don't have the money to build the knife or need to build one not paid for to keep going. I was once told "the hardest knife to build was the one already paid for".
I don't know a thing about the knife maker in ? , but some of the above could apply to refunding deposits also.

While PP G&S is always the right thing to do, it may or may not give you protection when dealing with custom knife makers and deposits. Wait time can often exceed the protection coverage time. For some makers you wait years for delivery and many are multiple months.

Last edited:
By using FF you are at his mercy. I think it is important to know what was discussed about the deposit - whether it was refundable or not?

I think it is important to know what was discussed about the deposit - whether it was refundable or not?[/QUOTE said:
It originally may or may not have been, but according to the OP it seems the maker did say he would refund it. If so he should follow through. Sometimes they don't

Update:

Aerosknives must have read this post, so he messaged me on 02/23 promising that he will have the refund by 02/26. A week and a half later......still nothing....

Hello,

I've been lurking here for month now, I was going to make a detailed review of my Rover knife from Guinea hog forge as my first post, I guess that will be the next one.

Now here's my complaint, I contacted David for a custom order, I put $50 for a downpayment, and due to unforseen uncircumstances I had to cancel it. I requested for a refund, three weeks later, there's nothing. I emailed him a few times and responded that he will have the refund right away, but haven't done so. Also, he specifically directed me to send money to friends and family. by doing this, there's nothing to dispute.

I liked David immediately because he was recommended to me by Peter Kohler, and I sent a blade blank of my design to him. I only then later purchased a knife from him, and to my disappointment, it had a unacceptably thick edge.

I asked politely if he would return my blade blank in November, which he agreed to do. Its not March, and he just blocked me and said that I would have to wait a year to get it back because that is how far he is backed up. I have stated that I would pay full shipping multiple times, and he is now saying that I will have to pay him shipping + 1 hour of his time, which is $100.

David Corona of AerosKnives is a first class D bag. Avoid at all costs.

I just spoke with Dave. He said its only $50 and that it was non refundable, so no matter what David Anthony Corona says, his word has as much value as what he leaves in the toilet

No integrity= no value

https://imgur.com/a/s4DdW

Last edited:
Actually Dave is a stand-up guy and everyone called you on your b.s. in Facebook so you come here hoping someone would take your side. I've seen screenshots of your pathetic trash talking and what makes you an even more lame piece of work is that you STARTED TALKING ABOUT HIS SON. HIS LITTLE BOY. You are a scumbag for that in itself. All because you wanted him to work for "publicity" which is worth next to nothing. Keep trying to flame him. People had his back on Facebook and they will have his back here too. You're acting like a child. The diffetence between you and a child though? Someone might actually be willing to beat your a$$ for it.

Back