Alabama "jungle" school coming

R.A.T.

Randall's Adventure & Training
Hobo Jack and I spent the weekend on Rocking R Ranch in Central Alabama scouting it out for a new school. We had planned on sticking a hog but the recent flooding in the area made hogs scarce so no luck there. We ended up spending our time coon hunting with some other hunters on the place until 1 AM Saturday morning.

The ranch is 2885 acres of private land bordering the Cahaba river. Lots of game, including deer, hogs, rabbits, raccoons, squirrels, bobcat, fish, snakes...you name it. The ranch also has a large guest house that has bunks for at least a dozen people and a large area for a class room.

We plan on running our first Alabama "jungle" school in this swamp around the September/October time frame of this year. We are also discussing a one day adventure/survival race to be held on this same plot of land. Nice place and perfect to run a one week school.

alabama-school1.jpg

alabama-school2.jpg

alabama-school3.jpg

alabama-school4.jpg

HELL YEAH thats awesome. I have been longing for some Jungle/Swamp. Looks like a good place for that stainless ESEE 4

HELL YEAH thats awesome. I have been longing for some Jungle/Swamp. Looks like a good place for that stainless ESEE 4

Actually we plan on issuing machetes to every student, then give them a Junglas at the end of the class. No need for an ESEE-4 here ;)

Alright, that sounds like fun. If I can work it out, I'll be there. There's a big show I'm planning on doing in September, but if the timing works out, I can still do the class.

This is gonna be one ff those schools that if you're scared of snakes, poisonous or not, then you need to stay home on the porch! A lot of the land nav will be right through the middle of the swamps.

Dylan, I need to get this knife back to you since it may be late next month before we get back down to stick a hog.

That GA/AL swamp is my kind of backyard. That spot looks cool as hell.

on the knife: okie dokie. You didn't hurt my fragile little butterfly, did you? ;)

Dylan, email an address to ship it back to: jeff@eseeknives.com

Thanks, bro. Wished we could have gotten it bloody but the hogs were just not there in force due to the recent flooding. We didn't even run the dogs.

You know what, I got plenty of knives here to play with. I don't need it back right this second. I've got another ground out and ready for handles. If you still want to try to stab a hog with it, just hang onto it. Send it back after you get it dirty.

Will do. Jimmy, Patrick and I are working on our schedule to get back down to hog hunt so I will hang on to it and keep it safe!

Cool deal. Now back to this jungle school. How long a school are you thinking of?

5 days - Monday through Friday. Some of the nav will be run at night through the swamps ;)

Minimal tools: Machete, poncho, etc.

This sounds great. I know nothing is finalized, but how soon do these schools typically fill up?

Now that sounds like serious fun. Plus, I'll just have to jump in the truck for a few hours to get there instead of having to fly to Peru. Although, I still really want to do the Peru trip.

Is this class for anyone or just LEO and Military? I'm not skered of snakes, they taste good!

I would love to take this class. The one day race sounds like a lot of fun to.

mlrs

I hope to take a class with you guys in the next year. Hadn't planned on the Jungle class, but now with a stateside option I have to reconsider.

Back