ALL NEW Busse Pets Thread

Gress, what breed is the one on the left? Pit bull or something else? What a beautiful pup!

Thanks. He is a mix of Staffordshire and a Pit Bull terriers. His name is Jax and we adopted him as a little puppy. Now a grown up and very gentle :)
264t9if.jpg

very cool new family member rob! looks like a gentle guy!

awesome pets everybody!

love to see them!

my abby filou - terrible feeding habits - everytime he likes a brand of pet food - as soon as you buy a lot of it - he stops eating it...

he is acutally sitting on my lap as i am typing this...

still miss my buddy russian blue yuri who went missing two years ago - probably the nicest cat ever

Gus is a Busse dog thru & thru!!...an come to think of it, he kinda looks like a hog!!

Last edited:
There is a lot of neat critter pics here, keep them coming! :)

A comical quote from "The Croods" movie Re: pets as a placeholder for current pics.

Guy: [Referring to Belt] Don't eat him! He will cut you! He's a pet! My pet!

Gran: What's a "pet"?

Guy: It's an animal you don't eat.

Gran: Ha! We call those "children".
:D

If any of you have a boxer you will understand the mask, he can clear a room.

12072757_10208402572168336_7846913320945866356_n.jpg

He's my hiking and hunting buddy
10408745_10204667718639332_4702826191621171352_n.jpg

Hes also convinced that he's smaller than he is and a lap dog. There is a adult daughter buried under there.
12373320_10208899978283178_785356680539522727_n.jpg

How do you cook/prepare octopi? Very much a fan of sea food but no chance of ever getting anything fresh where I live. How's the texture? Looks like it would be chewy.

I don't get it fresh, i could but it's not cheap.
Usually these are steamed and slightly salted.

It is chewy, but that is the texture it suppose to be. Some japanese bars will tenderize them in a bowl for hours before consumption.

I like it raw, or slightly baked in a citrus sauce.

Would like to try it sometime. Pretty much up for any sea food. My step brother brought back a bunch of coolers stuffed with an assortment of sea food one of his buddy catches out of North Carolina. Crazy good. Freshest shrimp clams I'll ever had. Nothing really exotic though. First time had sea bass. Thinking would like to move out to the coast.

How do you cook/prepare octopi? Very much a fan of sea food but no chance of ever getting anything fresh where I live. How's the texture? Looks like it would be chewy.

Octopus is like squid/cuttlefish , cook either for a couple minutes or an hour. Anything in between is chewy. I like throwing it in medium chunks on a large cast iron for a couple minutes with just a bit of sea salt then hit it with a fresh chimichurri. Alternatively marinade for in aged balsamic,, a good olive oil, sea salt, with lots of garlic/shallots/crushed red pepper and sear it on a hot grill. done right it cuts like extra firm tofu, wrong it's rubber.

Back