Allagash cruiser, anyone use/have one?

Internet has tendency to streamline definitions and loose some info in the process. Things get interesting when you talk to somebody who has pre-internet knowledge of axes. I have run into a guy (he was sourcing his axes from Adirondack region) who was calling all boy's size axes (regular and Hudson Bay) cruisers. It might be regional but we have to have in our minds the definition of Timber Cruiser job.
Incidentally, he had beat up 2.5 lbs Sager Cruiser with 26 inch Adirondack haft (up to this point this is only Cruiser I managed to buy)
I have just found old thread about that subject https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/cruiser-axe-your-definition.929948/
Hudson Bay Cruising Axe

Hudson Bay Cruising Axe
What year is that from?

Interesting that little axe would never be considered a cruiser by western standards. It's also interesting that a cruiser isn't recognized by a particular pattern but any pattern of DBL bit of 2 1/2LBS.

What year is that from?

Interesting that little axe would never be considered a cruiser by western standards. It's also interesting that a cruiser isn't recognized by a particular pattern but any pattern of DBL bit of 2 1/2LBS.

Yeah, S&N seems like a little bit backward kind of company. Have you noticed they called their Pulaski axe a Fire Axe? :p

Back