Almost Ready To Ship 2020

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Feb 6, 2020.

1. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Those came out nice, John. I'll give them to the boys next time I go up to Illinois - might be a while at this point.
    best
    mqqn

cbach8tw, bikerector and JK Knives like this.
  2. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Those look nice, will they be their first real knives? How old are the boys?

3. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    DSCN3446.JPG DSCN3447.JPG

f1addict, rpdur, Wurrwulf and 2 others like this.
  4. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    f1addict likes this.
  5. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    EO1 EDC, one of my favorites.

f1addict and Simplejack like this.
  6. f1addict

f1addict Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Those look great!! Can’t wait to get them!

7. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Shipping this morning

8. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    USPS sucks! Mailed a package Monday at 9am, supposed to be delivered yesterday. Checked tracking this morning, it’s just leaving the sorting center 25 miles from me.

Simplejack, f1addict and bikerector like this.
  9. B JACKSON

B JACKSON

Sep 19, 2012
    We also having many small package shipping delays, especially anything routing thru Detroit. Even UPS is taking longer then usual.
    Fed-X still the leader in breaking stuff.

JK Knives likes this.
  10. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    The Detroit center has been horrendous. I could walk things across the country faster than they're getting them out. They've been a huge problem for me. I had one item sit in there for 6 days before they shipped it out. My local office isn't much better, took 4 days to get it to the Distribution center and I live 30 minutes away. I've started dropping stuff off at a different post office hoping to get things up to the Pontiac distribution center who seems to do a better job.

One of the packages that is still out after 2 weeks is my bushcamp proto that's on its way to Texas. It may have left Detroit finally but they never actually scanned the departure scan so it's "moving within the USPS network to its next location," whatever that means.

I think I've had similar experiences with the other two, UPS being better as fedex just likes to lose stuff for me/my work. If UPS wasn't so much more expensive for small items I would use them. USPS is amazingly slow but it has been showing up at least. I've started using UPS for bigger items with the exception of the recent drop off at a different post office to see if I can get to the Pontiac DC for better results. I should know this weekend if that plan was a flop or not.

I've had a struggle with Amazon even as they won't deliver to the business I work for because we keep the front doors locked as out front lobby is closed but we're otherwise open for business but they keep marking us as closed within their network and refusing to leave packages. I've started asking them to ship to my house so I can get it to work.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  11. f1addict

Feb 10, 2017
    LOL, I was hoping that tracking ETA was correct, and just not updating where it was. Checked the mailbox last night after work, and of course it wasn’t there. Now it’s not even showing an ETA! Hopefully it will show up this weekend.

12. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    No mail Monday

13. f1addict

Feb 10, 2017
    You’re right! I completely forgot. Guess it will be either Tuesday or Wednesday.

bikerector likes this.
  14. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    DSCN3458.JPG DSCN3455.JPG DSCN3454.JPG

f1addict, cbach8tw, austexjg and 2 others like this.
  15. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    JK Knives likes this.
  16. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    I thought the same exact thing! One is already sold but the padauk (bottom) will be listed for sale.

woodysone likes this.
  17. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    Another fine group!

Jeff

JK Knives likes this.
  18. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Love the handle on the HC. Especially the rounded section at the end of the handle, topside.

19. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    All shipped!

bikerector likes this.
  20. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    Man o man am I drooling