Alone Season 4 on June 15

Appeared the one brother just got overwhelmed with the situation and with no moral support of the other taps out, would believe if the injury was a simple sprain he could have splinted it fairly easy enough. Would have been an excellent opportunity to market their tools as well, I'm sure that trip back to IL will be a quiet, very somber ride home for the two of them.

Couldn't understand why he kept hiking so far into the dense bush and risking getting lost, wet(er) or like in this case, injured. I think at one point he was an hour or two out? Why?

And why was he carrying all his gear?
I would have grounded my gear in the first "good "spot I found then went looking for a better one.

The first two teams out were both victims of the same weakness, the inexperience of youth.

In regards to the contestants this season...o_O:thumbsdown:

In regards to the contestants' footage this season...:eek::poop:

I'm done watching; can't take it seriously. Alone is dead like Dual Survival.

It's getting a slow start. Pretty boring so far but it can only get better

They need to get to the teams reaching each other. Looks like this happens for at least one team this coming episode? The endless trudging through the rain forest is getting old. We get it, it's hard.

That being said, we don't know what happened for this season so maybe they needed to stretch it out a bit to fill some episodes?

How many times and how many different ways can you talk about the undergrowth hampering forward progress, we get it. 5 minutes of " how thick this undergrowth is" then 10 minutes of commercials, thank you very much for DVR. Hopefully it will pick up next episode.

Last edited:
The commercials are insane, make watching the show almost unbearable. I watch it on my computer, and quite often they play the same commercial 2-3 times in a row.....but finally I find a way around that. Kindda like dvr, but doesn't always work.

As far as the content goes....wish the producers put less accent on drama and more on showing participants skills.
Only reality show I watch tho.

I am liking it. The teams separated at first adds a new brain squeeze to the whole thing. They are not "alone" yet not with their team mate at the start. They "know" each other are there but not "here" yet. Seeing how they are handling this is interesting to me.

The commercials are insane, make watching the show almost unbearable. I watch it on my computer, and quite often they play the same commercial 2-3 times in a row.....but finally I find a way around that. Kindda like dvr, but doesn't always work.

As far as the content goes....wish the producers put less accent on drama and more on showing participants skills.
Only reality show I watch tho.

The commercials are pretty insane but I guess I get it. Gotta pay the bills. What really irks me and this is true for just about any reality show is the "recap" every time they bring you back from a commercial. The replay the last 30 seconds to a minute of what was shown just before the commercial. Drives me nuts. For an hour show you get about 40 minutes of actual show after commercials. Add in the recaps and your down to probably 35 minutes. Maybe.

That being said, can't wait for the next episode.:D

My wife and I watched every episode of the first 3 seasons. She was "hooked " after the first episode. Things are extremely different this season and if the show doesn't improve we won't watch much more.

Getting better. Nice video of a wolf. I wonder if it would be worth the hike back to the river where the one team caught a salmon and setup base there. Fresh water and fish.

I've lately just bypassed the episodes when first played and caught them up on our "on demand" feature through our local cable provider as it usually fast forwards through the commercials but than have to lay off the temptation of checking the forums to avoid the spoilers. That second tap out had to be tough on the dad, can't force the bonding experience and appears the son just wasn't into it. Probably just misses the game systems, smart phone and girlfriend too much.

I was disappointed with the young guys tapping out so early. I'm actually liking this season because I first thought they would be dropped off together and would extend the time for surviving. The 10 mile separation wiped out about half the teams already which is interesting. I don't have cable or any of the networks, so I just paid $10 for the entire season on Amazon Prime. I'm stuck watching it, but it could be interesting. I'll take this "reality" tv over Real Housewives or the Kardashian junk any day of the week.

I like the added twist that the gear has to be hiked in for one of them now, rather than just being dropped off so size/weight have no consideration for gear.

Full episodes of heavy breathing and complaining about the thick brush sure made for a slow start, though.

I continue to be amazed at how mentally unprepared some of these people are. They must be day to day thinkers. They apply, audition, and qualify and then say they were not able to miss a birthday. Did they not think ahead?

13 days in and they are homesick? So. Many people hike, camp, or work remotely and are alone or with another person or 2 for longer then that. I would think the producers should look at mental strength and preparedness along with the skills.

I concur Brian, you would have thought all that would have come to mind before the trip and before their decision to go in the first place. What gets me is the shelters some of these folks build or make.

Two weeks waiting on their partner to show up and all that they have built is a tarp hung over some branches. That husband and wife team from Alaska are there to win it. Heck they are going to build a cabin to live in for the long haul.

The guys wife already had a nice shelter built with a stove/firepit built inside of it. She's something else for sure, one tough and smart lady.

I concur Brian, you would have thought all that would have come to mind before the trip and before their decision to go in the first place. What gets me is the shelters some of these folks build or make.

Two weeks waiting on their partner to show up and all that they have built is a tarp hung over some branches. That husband and wife team from Alaska are there to win it. Heck they are going to build a cabin to live in for the long haul.

The guys wife already had a nice shelter built with a stove/firepit built inside of it. She's something else for sure, one tough and smart lady.

Yes, she is incredible and they are an awesome team. They are the only redeeming point on this season so far. I understand the hike in was brutal but the stretched way beyond its worth.

I'm surprised the one brother didn't punch the other brother for that crappy excuse for a shelter. Especially after getting soaked not long after arriving. They'll be the next ones out.

Agreed if I hike for a week and all my partner has accomplished is a tarp draped over a branch, believe me there will be something worth airing !

Back