Alone Season 4 on June 15

Two brothers left because of kids birthday, as one said, " family more important than money". Okay so you didn't know you would be missing birthdays and other family events. Bailing out after thirteen days really, 7500 applicants and this is the crew that they came up with, so far disappointed in the show except husband wife team.

Exactly, Final Option.

I yelled at the t.v. and said, "Your family will forgive you for missing your kid's birthday if you win!"

Some people are just homebodies that can't deal with separation anxiety.

I hope Mrs. Whipple doesn't lose too much weight and get pulled because of her B.M.I.

No one-year-old remembers their first birthday, it's the one birthday you CAN miss. Even the 2nd birthday is fairly irrelevant, except for the moms. That tapout was weak. Hard to see them repeating this format.

Good gawd, you'd think none of them had ever seen rain before.

Good story, trestle, thanks for sharing, that's one heck of a way to get closure from the loss of a spouse!

Haven't watched last night's episode yet but just watched last week's. Brody and Chris really surprised me. Well, Chris surprised me. I though it was totally crap that he kind threw it back on his stronger brother Brody. Chris was clearly ready to go and basically "Jedi Mind Tricked" his brother Brody into leaving. "I missed my daughter's B-Day and I don't want that for you", or something to that end. What a bunch of crap. Chris didn't want to be the reason for leaving and tried to put it on his brother. Brody clearly didn't want to leave and Chris already was convinced and just had to get his brother's buy in. I just didn't like the fact that he tried to make his brother feel bad for maybe missing his daughter's upcoming B=Day. And. Chris missing his daughter's B-Day was in the past. You already missed it, suck it up buttercup.

Haven't watched last night's episode yet but just watched last week's. Brody and Chris really surprised me. Well, Chris surprised me. I though it was totally crap that he kind threw it back on his stronger brother Brody. Chris was clearly ready to go and basically "Jedi Mind Tricked" his brother Brody into leaving. "I missed my daughter's B-Day and I don't want that for you", or something to that end. What a bunch of crap. Chris didn't want to be the reason for leaving and tried to put it on his brother. Brody clearly didn't want to leave and Chris already was convinced and just had to get his brother's buy in. I just didn't like the fact that he tried to make his brother feel bad for maybe missing his daughter's upcoming B=Day. And. Chris missing his daughter's B-Day was in the past. You already missed it, suck it up buttercup.
I totally agree with you. That did not go over well with me. To wimp out and then play the "I care about you to much" game was pretty bogus.

I concur Brian, you would have thought all that would have come to mind before the trip and before their decision to go in the first place. What gets me is the shelters some of these folks build or make.

Two weeks waiting on their partner to show up and all that they have built is a tarp hung over some branches. That husband and wife team from Alaska are there to win it. Heck they are going to build a cabin to live in for the long haul.

The guys wife already had a nice shelter built with a stove/firepit built inside of it. She's something else for sure, one tough and smart lady.
This! Would not watching the other seasons have convinced contestants that a raised camp site and a raised bed be the very first priorities? Why are they still sleeping under a basic tarp with the floor tarp floating, at 2 weeks in? Boggles the mind.

I would think that the psychology of knowing my bed is up a foot would be huge. That's one of the very first "bushcraft" tips taught and used in most survival schools and even weekend fun outdoors events. So how out of such a large class of entrants, does only 1 couple seem to understand that a decent structure and fireplace and bed is fundamental to lasting out there? I truly don't get it.

Sam can't catch fish because he's wearing a blaze orange jumpsuit.

The cabin chimney looks like a huge fire risk.

Looks like the remaining three teams depend on fish as their main source of food. from what I have read there is small game and deer around costal regions of Vancouver Island although no one has made any effort to make a dead falls for harvesting bear or setting snares for small game. Brooke encountered a wolf while waiting for her husband so we know there is small game.

Little disappointed in the chimney made out of wood, you know that is going to be a potential problem as soon as it dries up. Two teams still sleeping on the ground under tarps, the show has not shown much in the way of sustainable survival. The two brothers tying all of their hooks onto a rock then throwing them in the water, really. Like I said before this is the best group they could come up with, 13 days into the series and two of the last three teams are on the brink of leaving. I don't see anyone doing 50 plus days, unless husband and wife don't burn down their cabin and find abundant protein .

Last edited:
Watched episode 8, looks like they all are struggling after about a month. The two brothers are at each other's throats, father son kid can't catch fish with blaze orange rain suit, and husband and wife still chugging along after chimney fire. Pretty easy sitting back here having a beer and eating a cheeseburger, but still disappointed in contestants compared to previous seasons.

I don't see anyone doing 50 days, once fish stop biting handwriting is on the wall I think. How about you guys what is your opinion of the show and how it's going?

Watched episode 8,

I don't see anyone doing 50 days, once fish stop biting handwriting is on the wall I think. How about you guys what is your opinion of the show and how it's going?
I just saw 7 and 8. You are correct. And yes, except the husband / wife team, disappointed. This should be the strongest situation yet for mental strength, because loneliness is much less a factor. The couple are seeming to give that to each other. The father /son team, the son is contributing little. Their shelter is just absolutely horrible.

Both people need to be capable of pulling their own weight and also lending some mental support to the partner. If not, they drag the stronger down. I hope the fishing holds out.

The trot line, if set from their boat was their best bet. But trying to set it that way was a waste of energy.

Weather has not been very bad so far. That may change things.

Maybe they picked people that didn't fit together very well in the hopes it would cause fun dynamics(for the viewer) when the resulting strong/weak people interacted.
Next time perhaps they should pick people that are all strong and stick them somewhere extremely adverse including weather and let nature knock them out.

Looks to me like the final three were paired down to two because the Wife was simply smaller than the others to start with. They are all starving and she hit the wall before the others. Living out in Oregon, local history tells of how the natives survived winter. They basically worked their butts off all spring, summer, and fall stocking up food to eat through the lean winter. This game starts off too late in the season to prepare for the entire winter. Add in the losses to injury and mental state and the producers have a pretty sure bet, no one is staying for the entire year.
Some seasons, the folks with the best shelters leave early. I'd guess that initial spending of calories takes a big toll that even those awesome shelters cannot guarantee success. Maybe just staying dry under a tarp does beat a cabin when food is not plentiful.

Well you could have knocked me over with a feather when the two from Alaska were tapping. I guess just hanging a tarp worked for them like you mentioned Bill way less calories burnrd that's for sure. I still don't understand why no one set any snares on land to catch some varmints anyway. They work while your asleep or away. It looks like the brothers are still catching some fish too. I also seen a nice bow and arrows the brothers have but not used. These two brothers with a tarp for a shelter might just win it.

Once the early teams left it has basically turned into will starve and leave next. Previous shows gave us some very good bushcraft projects, insightful contestants, herbal medicine and wide variety of skill sets. If the Alaskan couple found a steady source of food they most likely would just send for their kids and stay there, however they initially had the right mindset just lack of food was their demise.
If they have another season I would rather see them "Alone", I'm not into this drama between partners.

With the exception of the Husband and Wife couple to some degree, the bushcraft projects, shelter building and showcasing of other various skills has really fallen off this season. The brother's shelter is basically a tarp over a elevated bed platform.

In past seasons, it almost seemed like these activities were sort of a coping mechanism. Something to keep busy and sharp. Wondering if having a family member there has somehow lulled them into doing less because the usual longing for family is not as big of an issue and they have someone there to socialize with? I thought with two people the bushcraft skills and shelters would be really impressive. Again, except for the married couple, not really. And even with them, other than the shelter and crap/snail trap, they haven't really done a lot either.

Back