Amsterdam Meet 2016 Report of Spyderco Prototypes

What does "PRODUCTION SAMPLE" mean!?!? Does that mean they are in production or soon to be??? I must know!

I'm just guessing it would mean it was a piece that the actual place of manufacture has produced based on the design and submitted to Spyderco as a reference sample so they can QA it.
In my mind meaning that Spyderco can analyze and change a few things if needed based on the quality of that sample, but that it is very close to being ready to be produced in volume.

Thank you very much Mr. Blonde for all your hard work,.
Dang, that Sage 5 is going to be nice with the compression lock.

Last edited:
Still liking those fixed blades!

Thank you for all the time and work. :thumbup:

[video=youtube;M3NJOESyJ9g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3NJOESyJ9g[/video]

One last encore. After the meet finished, I filmed this little interview with Spyderco Eric's Glesser in which he shares his thoughts on the Amsterdam Meet. Thanks for watching!

Peter Carey "Magnitude",SLysz "Spydie Chef" and Sage 5,ordered Nirvana and Manix 2 CPM154/S90V.both PM2's M4 from BHQ and Knifeworks.that's enough new Spydie's for this year!

I have an issue I'd like cleared up. This is the second Amsterdam meet where the Paramilitary 3 prototype was "mentioned/seen." Eric mentioned it in his video. So, why can't we see it? I understand Spyderco is featuring current or soon to be produced protos in Amsterdam and recently at SHOT, but why even show it now to a select few if the Paramilitary 3 is not soon to be in production? They've been teasing it around for over a year now, so, to say its far down in the queue, seems misleading in my opinion. By their own standards it seems that they shouldn't even be showing it or talking about it unless they were close to production.

I don't recall seeing or hearing anything concerning the Mantra series before it just showed up in production and in the 2016 catalog......perhaps I'm wrong here, but the Mantra series seemed like a total surprise.

Back