• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Andre De Villiers Butcher – BAD BUSINESS, SHADY PRACTICES – ADV Butcher Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, ha! This is the PM I just received from Kelama. I'll let you all decide who is "unstable" here...

"I would be willing to bet, that you wouldn't have the ball's to say what you type on the internet, to my face.

You're doing an exceptional job, at making yourself look like a complete mentally unstable fool, with your inability to control your obsessive compulsive behavior. Get a grip on reality!

You really should get some sleep...

Goodnight."

Didn't you just prove him right by posting this?

How so?

Look at my posts, at what point did I ever take anything to a personal level with him? He has insulted me here without cause and taken to insulting me via PM. What more needs to be said about that?

This thread is for the discussion of whether Andre (or I) was wrong in the handling of this knife transaction. I have been focused in my all of my reponses to the topic at hand, yet It seems like the nay-sayers have nothing to add to the actual topic, but want to attack me personally.

So, I'm not really getting the point of your post? I should let it go because you say so? So what? What's it to you? If you don't have anything to contribute to the topic at hand as to why Andre has a right to not refund my money and you think this topic has been addressed at nauseam, why are you here and why post yourself at all?

Last edited:
I haven't read this entire thread yet so I'm not up to date on your situation but for the other thread in the emails Andre makes it clear he will refund the money
when the knife is returned. Makes sense to me. Its how most makers do business. Get the product in before handing the money back.

I can understand sugerleafs anger or what you call 'lack of civility' to a degree, but considering you really have no 'dog in this fight' I don't understand your's KELAMA...

I have read and respected many of your opinions here in the GBU, but making this so personal with the OP doesn't make sense?

ADV seems to have an issue with refunding money, that is becoming quite clear.

JR88- I basically sat back & objectively observed this thread for several pages, before I commented with my opinion. Until a couple of days ago, I really hadn't looked at the other side of this equation here (ADV). Outside of the GBU, Andre actually has a very good reputation, & without a doubt makes some of the finest mid-tech knives that I've seen. I actually spoke with one of the U.S. distributor's here on BF, regarding ADV:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...der-and-Mini-Butchers-In-Stock!?highlight=adv
My conclusion is this: there is without a doubt, many talented knife maker's, who lack the needed skill's/knowledge, to effectively run a business. It's also a given fact, that when you run a company, you will always have dissatisfied customer's. Andre's good to bad ratio appears to be around the 99%-1% (just a guess viewing his volume of business); in reality, percentages are much more difficult to judge in this day & age, with so many transactions taking place via social groups such as IG, FB, eBay & YouTube, so who knows, what the actual numbers are?

As this thread has been playing out, I still felt that the OP had a legitimate claim here...UNTIL, he crossed the line & called a fellow member, a "bozo", for basically stating an opinion. To me, this proved one thing: with every business, will come BAD customer's whom you will never be able to completely satisfy, no matter what you do; I believe that the OP falls into this category. He appears to be the type of person, who displays the traits, of having to be right 100% of the time- & with that comes the conflict (as you are witnessing here).

I honestly am pretty much done here in the GBU. I have too many more important things, that I should be doing with my extremely valuable time...so my New Years 2015 Resolution, will be: to enjoy this forum more, focus on the GOOD, stay away from the BAD & UGLY. It's a small miracle, that I have been able to keep my feedback unblemished, after witnessing some of the buyers/sellers that I have witnessed in this forum...in the future, I will use this forum only as a reference, focus on the positive member's & stay away from other's drama...& to continue enjoying my passion for knives.

JR88- that was a very thoughtful gesture (trying to cheer me up) & much appreciated! You definitely put a smile on my face...thanks for sending that picture wearing your wife's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z_ZDLlnhcw

Thanks, brother! ;)

I actually did send the OP that message, after the OP resorted to his immature name calling in this thread...knowing full well, that it would be our very last correspondence/interaction on this forum. Before I clicked on the send tab, I actually had the revelation, that there was a 99% certainty, that he would post my PM here in the thread (which he has done); this just further demonstrates his character. Regardless- I don't feel, that I said anything out of line, or that is not accurate.

I actually am not able to read the comments posted by the OP anymore, in fact I would have never known that he responded (but we all knew he would), without your comment asdf12345...thank you! :thumbup:

Unlike the OP, I put negative's like this behind me, & move on with my life. The difference between the OP & myself: I could have easily posted 3-4 thread's here in the GBU regarding negative experiences with other member's & trashed their reputations here in the GBU, but instead, I enjoyed the knives that came with issues, or gave them away...life's too short.

I've got until midnight tonight! ;)

Last edited:
I am not sure how that vid got posted on youtube, I will have to do a better job of hiding my personal life.....
I am pretty sexy though?!

Seriously, the 'bozo' with all of 10 contributions to this forum dropped a fairly harsh sentence, and deserved sugarleafs reply. His post had no place in this thread, I doubt he's even read any of it. I have been called much worse than a 'bozo' for doing much less when I first joined, and nobody called anyone out because I was a 'member'

I desrved what I got, and I learned, and I am still learning that being a member is more than having a user name and a mouth....

Anyway, my original point. This is a forum, we all have opinions, and as hard as it is sometimes, we have to respect each others opinons as long as they contribute to the conversation.

Making this personal, as you have, is the wrong road in my opinion. That was my only point.

JR88- I basically sat back & objectively observed this thread for several pages, before I commented with my opinion. Until a couple of days ago, I really hadn't looked at the other side of this equation here (ADV). Outside of the GBU, Andre actually has a very good reputation, & without a doubt makes some of the finest mid-tech knives that I've seen. I actually spoke with one of the U.S. distributor's here on BF, regarding ADV:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...der-and-Mini-Butchers-In-Stock!?highlight=adv
My conclusion is this: there is without a doubt, many talented knife maker's, who lack the needed skill's/knowledge, to effectively run a business. It's also a given fact, that when you run a company, you will always have dissatisfied customer's. Andre's good to bad ration appears to be around the 99%-1% (just a guess viewing his volume of business); in reality, percentages are much more difficult to judge in this day & age, with so many transactions taking place via social groups such as IG, FB, eBay & YouTube, so who knows, what the actual numbers are?

As this thread has been playing out, I still felt that the OP had a legitimate claim here...UNTIL, he crossed the line & called a fellow member, a "bozo", for basically stating an opinion. To me, this proved one thing: with every business, will come BAD customer's whom you will never be able to completely satisfy, no matter what you do; I believe that the OP falls into this category. He appears to be the type of person, who displays the traits, of having to be right 100% of the time- & with that comes the conflict (as you are witnessing here).

I honestly am pretty much done here in the GBU. I have too many more important things, that I should be doing with my extremely valuable time...so my New Years 2015 Resolution, will be: to enjoy this forum more, focus on the GOOD, stay away from the BAD & UGLY. It's a small miracle, that I have been able to keep my feedback unblemished, after witnessing some of the buyers/sellers that I have witnessed in this forum...in the future, I will use this forum only as a reference, focus on the positive member's & stay away from other's drama...& to continue enjoying my passion for knives.

JR88- that was a very thoughtful gesture (trying to cheer me up) & much appreciated! You definitely put a smile on my face...thanks for sending that picture wearing your wife's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z_ZDLlnhcw

Thanks, brother! ;)

Talk about my credibility? We'll let the posts and your unprovoked personal attacks on me in your posts and via PM speak for themselves. None of which have anything to do with facts that have been documented and proven here.

Ok, lets recap...

I order from Andre and pay, detailing the exact knife and finishes.
He confirms my order in writing.
He refuses to deliver without more money a month later
He suggests a refund instead and I agree
He doesn't refund my money
I spend the next month trying to get my money back and ultimately have to go through Paypal to get it

So, what part of that makes me a bad customer? Because I didn't beg him enough to get MY money back (oh, and believe me, I begged)

Clearly Kelama, you are the one who has credibility issues here since you conveniently have ignored all the facts that have been documented here. And you have nothing to offer except the same old stuff that has already been addressed. How convenient for you to not address any questions that I ask that has to do with the real subject at hand, but instead attack me personally, totally unprovoked, I might add.

So, you never answered the simple question, how does the fact he has customers that are satisfied change my experience, Tomalock's experience and now, another person's experience? Oh, I got it, you don't have a good answer for that, so instead, resort to attacking me personally. Very credible on your part.

I actually did send the OP that message, after the OP resorted to his immature name calling in this thread...knowing full well, that it would be our very last correspondence/interaction on this forum. Before I clicked on the send tab, I actually had the revelation, that there was a 99% certainty, that he would post my PM here in the thread (which he has done); this just further demonstrates his character. Regardless- I don't feel, that I said anything out of line, or that is not accurate.

Hmm, let's see here... I respond to gerzanium and call him bozo because he makes a snide comment with no substance and I'm wrong.

You call me names and send me a nasty PM without cause and you're right?

Take stock my friend...

Sugerleaf. You need to let this go.
I feel your pain about being wronged by ADV, and I have no idea why KELAMA has made this personal.
I don't feel that's in the best interest of anyone.

But either is carrying this on.
Just let it go my friend, nothing positive will come of this 'back and forth'

Your plight with ADV has been well documented here, and I think most people who have read all of this get the point.
At some point though it has to end.

My humble suggestion would be to close this thread and move on.

Sugerleaf. You need to let this go.
I feel your pain about being wronged by ADV, and I have no idea why KELAMA has made this personal.
I don't feel that's in the best interest of anyone.

But either is carrying this on.
Just let it go my friend, nothing positive will come of this 'back and forth'

Your plight with ADV has been well documented here, and I think most people who have read all of this get the point.
At some point though it has to end.

My humble suggestion would be to close this thread and move on.

Totally agree JR88FAN. Nothing more really needs to be said. Locking this thread down (until someone else emails me that Andre is hosing them too -- here's hoping this is the last time it's locked!)

Haven't checked in on GBU in a while and surprise, surprise... More stories about Andre de Villiers screwing customers over. Even Fort Henry Custom Knives chimes in to say that they have completely deleted him from their history and database. Maybe eventually this guy will figure out that the man behind the knives is just as important to people, as the steel itself. Who really wants to walk around with a blade in their pocket from a guy like this?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-my-Butcher-fixed?highlight=Andre+de+villiers

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...bad-and-REFUNDING?highlight=Andre+de+villiers

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...r-questionable-business-ethic?highlight=Andre

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...esn-t-know-how-to-conduct-himself-quot-thread

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ustomer-Service-and-Issues-still-not-resolved

http://www.cliffstamp.com/knives/forum/read.php?6,42239,42239

http://youtu.be/AzmvfYjele4

UPDATE: Well, it seems that Andre De Villiers has hosed enough people that he has earned himself a coveted spot with the likes of Liu Kang in Bladeforums official HALL of SHAME.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/803-Hall-of-Shame

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back