Any ideas for the next Group Buy?

Lady1911

Platinum Member
With the success of the recent Hiking Buddy group buy, I was wondering if there are any plans in the works for another one. Andy, Phillip, and Crew did a fantastic job whittling down the options for steel and scale combinations, and it seemed that all participants walked away with a beautiful knife that they played a part in creating. It was a great feeling, and I’m hoping to see another one soon.

The popularity, usefulness, and aesthetics of the Hiking Buddy made it a perfect candidate for a group buy. Choosing a model with similar attributes will be tough, but I’d personally love to see a Lil Lady, Ladyfinger, or Bush/Baby Boot option.

Any thoughts? ;)

With the success of the recent Hiking Buddy group buy, I was wondering if there are any plans in the works for another one. Andy, Phillip, and Crew did a fantastic job whittling down the options for steel and scale combinations, and it seemed that all participants walked away with a beautiful knife that they played a part in creating. It was a great feeling, and I’m hoping to see another one soon.

The popularity, usefulness, and aesthetics of the Hiking Buddy made it a perfect candidate for a group buy. Choosing a model with similar attributes will be tough, but I’d personally love to see a Lil Lady, Ladyfinger, or Bush/Baby Boot option.

Any thoughts? ;)

Sets or singles your choice. That sounds cool.

Woot Woot!! I really think we should do some kind of a poll so that the majority can win. Maybe pic our top 3 - first choice is worth 3 points second 2 and third 1. Just throwing that out there because some of us might have an obscure first choice but a more common second or third. For instance I would love to see a Shaman in a ultra thin AEB-L but I bet my second or third choices would be a little more mainstream. For me the top 3 today would be
1. Bushnub in something close to 1/8" Stainless
2. Shaman in something close to 3/32" Stainless
3. Gaucho in something close to 3/32" Stainless

Last edited:
Sets or singles your choice. That sounds cool.
Ooohhh!!! Sets would be very cool. We'd need fair warning, though, just to get the finances set up for it...;)

I think 3/32", AEB-L .118 or thinner would prevail, especially on the smaller models.
My primary vote would probably be for the Lil/Lady Finger combo in wood (goncalo alves, osage, snakewood, etc). A girl can dream....:rolleyes:
A Bush-Baby Boot set also sounds amazing! With SWEDGES!!!

For singles, I'd stick with my top 3:
1-Lil Lady
2-Ladyfinger (new or old school, as long as the handles were skinny slim)
3-Babyboot (with eleventymillion pinout, optional ;)) or Bushboot

Even if popular opinion doesn't exactly align with my favorites, I'm game for trying something new. :thumbsup:

Ooohhh!!! Sets would be very cool. We'd need fair warning, though, just to get the finances set up for it...;)

I think 3/32", AEB-L .118 or thinner would prevail, especially on the smaller models.
My primary vote would probably be for the Lil/Lady Finger combo in wood (goncalo alves, osage, snakewood, etc). A girl can dream....:rolleyes:
A Bush-Baby Boot set also sounds amazing! With SWEDGES!!!

For singles, I'd stick with my top 3:
1-Lil Lady
2-Ladyfinger (new or old school, as long as the handles were skinny slim)
3-Babyboot (with eleventymillion pinout, optional ;)) or Bushboot

Even if popular opinion doesn't exactly align with my favorites, I'm game for trying something new. :thumbsup:
You put in post my exact thoughts. :thumbsup:

Thinner than .119 AEB-L. A DIW with black/lime option would be nice. Maybe that sexy new orange with black/white?

I truly believe the Bushnub is an under appreciated model that has a super useful/capable blade and a comfortable handle. The Bushfinger has been referred to ask King of the Fiddlebacks but the Bushnub in a smaller edc sized version just doesn't seem to get recognition of its attributes. So I was happy to see the Bushnub mentioned above. Between the choice of a Bushnub or Handyman, the Bushnub honestly get my vote. The reservation I'd have on voting Bushnub though is that it feels like it would be a vote for Ross Perot unfortunately. That said, I'd have to go for the Handyman.

Or better yet, how about a Mini Gaucho??? The Gaucho has a blade just over 4" and an OAL of 8 3/4". If it could be scaled down nicely to have a blade around 3 1/2" and an OAL of 7 1/2" that would be something else I think. Sorry for the tangent here but this model variation has been on my mind for a while and after carrying the Gaucho a few days last week, it is SO useful but just doesn't get my carry time due to the size.

I had to change my choices a little after some thought so now I stand no chance of one of my favorites winning. I have a handyman I really like and don't really need another although a ultra thin stainless snakewood would twist my arm, probably a few other wood options would as well.

Last edited:
3/32 AEB-L in a lot of models would interest me... I would say that I wouldn't be committing to any group buy until a bit after Blade Show. Saving up now and will need some recoup time after haha!

I think a Handyman and Gaucho would both interest me depending on handle options.

Back