Any Interest in a BESS Sharpness Competition?

Thanks for the reply Shawn!

Does this indicate the OP subject is dead with no future resuscitation plans, on-hold awaiting funding options, or ...?

From the interest witnessed, I am pretty sure many on this forum would be willing to contribute to the project to help offset costs ...
If for no other reason the potential that some modicum of testing standards could become established. Just one example, already discussed in the thread, is how media is loaded (BESS) to effect consistent test sampling (100g tension 3.5oz). How and where the media holder (aka test fixture) is placed onto the scale, etc. From what I have witnessed on various forum sites, as related to test results, it seems the goal of many that are using this tester are to simply score low values vs. achieve accurate and comparable results (early on it was obvious, to me at least, that a user could simply increase media tension to reduce a test value (unfairly aka inaccurately), just as the specific placement of the test fixture can effect values returned.

Additionally, with the recent introduction of test apparatus to not only test a push cut, but now an apparatus for testing slice-cuts it seems a terrible situation to let this die.

If on the other hand, the fact that this thread laid idle for seven months before resurrection is an indication nobody cares ..., that would be a shame ;-(

I appreciate ALL your contributions to the community, and Thank You!
Its not dead, just on hold.

I haven't made any announcement because I've been busy.

The only reason I stated this seems to be quite funny was the only reply I received was a couple people clicking the like button with the laughing face...

It was no reflection on you or the contest. I merely wanted to know if it was still happening because I was interested. I recently purchased a Sharp PT50B and a TSPROF sharpening system and thought this contest would be cool...

That being said, is the idea dead? Would outside contributions help?
Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it.

Back