Any love for SS Spydies?

Longtime lurker, first ever post. Found myself in a Spydie-hole and can't get out! Most of the collection naturally drifted towards SS handled Spydies, beginning with collecting first generation SS Byrd models.

Anyways, here's my stainless steel Spyderco and Byrd collection, along with a few others! The official list below, thanks for looking! Let me know what ya think!

Spydie collection https://imgur.com/gallery/OnZO9YI

Here's the list starting from the left:

1. LSS Ladybug vg10
2. JSS Jester vg10
3. C05 Economy g2
4. C07 Police g2
5. C09 Copilot g2
6. C10 Endura aus 8
7. C11 Delica aus 6
8. C28 Dragonfly vg10
9. C29 Cricket vg10
10. C51 Rookie ats55
11. C61 Pegasus gin-1

2nd column:

12. C75 Kiwi 3 slipit
13. C86 Spin vg10
14. C110 Lava
15. C133 Bug
16. C137 Honeybee
17. C138 Grasshopper
18. C160 Foundry
19. C166 Equilibrium
20. C169 Clipitool scissors
21. C176 Clipitool serrated
22. Fox Spyfox in Olive Wood (collab with Fox and Spyderco)
23. C99 Volpe

3rd column:

24. C115 Tmag
25. C123 Sage
26. C127 Urban sprint k390
27. C131 Terzuola Slipit
28. C134 Gayle Bradley 2
29. C223 Para 3 spring Cruwear
30. BY01 Byrd Harrier
31. BY03 Cara Cara (All first gen's)
32. BY04 Meadowlark
35. BY06 Pelican
36. BY10 Robin
37. BY11 Finch

I got kind of obsessed at one point. I bought every SS model that popped up on the exchange. Eventually I flipped to FRN models but I have a lot of the SS models. Oddly, the SS Delica is one of the best, even though they’re very common.

It’s really cool how you can’t see the fasteners on these. Kind of magical.

I used to like the SS endura and delica a lot. But I wish they made the SS ones in FFG.

Longtime lurker, first ever post. Found myself in a Spydie-hole and can't get out! Most of the collection naturally drifted towards SS handled Spydies, beginning with collecting first generation SS Byrd models.

Anyways, here's my stainless steel Spyderco and Byrd collection, along with a few others! The official list below, thanks for looking! Let me know what ya think!

Spydie collection https://imgur.com/gallery/OnZO9YI

Here's the list starting from the left:

1. LSS Ladybug vg10
2. JSS Jester vg10
3. C05 Economy g2
4. C07 Police g2
5. C09 Copilot g2
6. C10 Endura aus 8
7. C11 Delica aus 6
8. C28 Dragonfly vg10
9. C29 Cricket vg10
10. C51 Rookie ats55
11. C61 Pegasus gin-1

2nd column:

12. C75 Kiwi 3 slipit
13. C86 Spin vg10
14. C110 Lava
15. C133 Bug
16. C137 Honeybee
17. C138 Grasshopper
18. C160 Foundry
19. C166 Equilibrium
20. C169 Clipitool scissors
21. C176 Clipitool serrated
22. Fox Spyfox in Olive Wood (collab with Fox and Spyderco)
23. C99 Volpe

3rd column:

24. C115 Tmag
25. C123 Sage
26. C127 Urban sprint k390
27. C131 Terzuola Slipit
28. C134 Gayle Bradley 2
29. C223 Para 3 spring Cruwear
30. BY01 Byrd Harrier
31. BY03 Cara Cara (All first gen's)
32. BY04 Meadowlark
35. BY06 Pelican
36. BY10 Robin
37. BY11 Finch

Very cool collection!

You need to find one of the original Spydie ATRs, probably the coolest SS handled Spydie to hit the market. Another awesome SS folder is the Spydie BiFold. The Spyderco Karambit and Karahawk are other cool SS handled Spydies.

I see you added a few steel linered Spydies like the gb2. I love my Spyderco P’kal folders, they have steel liners.

While SS is cool it isn’t my personal favourite. Still, glad to see them getting some well deserved love!

Well "maugust09" even with that super impressive list of stainless Spyders you've got I have a couple that are not on that huge list. It might be a bit before your collecting time because these two came from all the way back to the ATS-55 era ( 1998 to 2000). I'm speaking of the two stainless handled RESCUE models that were only in the main line up for just short of two years. The Stainless RESCUE models C-14 & C-45 were two of Spyderco's most rigid folders ever. And yes they both have ATS-55 blade steel.

I've even been EDCing one of them in the past 5 months. Those Stainless RESCUE models are really good Spyderedged models and both of them are built like an Abram's Tank. I've owned these for quite a few years now and I won't part with either one.

So I was just wondering if those models are on your radar screeen?

I got kind of obsessed at one point. I bought every SS model that popped up on the exchange. Eventually I flipped to FRN models but I have a lot of the SS models. Oddly, the SS Delica is one of the best, even though they’re very common.

It’s really cool how you can’t see the fasteners on these. Kind of magical.
The SS models are cool pieces for sure!

Well "maugust09" even with that super impressive list of stainless Spyders you've got I have a couple that are not on that huge list. It might be a bit before your collecting time because these two came from all the way back to the ATS-55 era ( 1998 to 2000). I'm speaking of the two stainless handled RESCUE models that were only in the main line up for just short of two years. The Stainless RESCUE models C-14 & C-45 were two of Spyderco's most rigid folders ever. And yes they both have ATS-55 blade steel.

I've even been EDCing one of them in the past 5 months. Those Stainless RESCUE models are really good Spyderedged models and both of them are built like an Abram's Tank. I've owned these for quite a few years now and I won't part with either one.

So I was just wondering if those models are on your radar screeen?
Ive heard great things about the SS rescues, i would love a plain edge version to go with the collection but i usually cant afford them when they pop up. The goal is to collect all the ss folders :) theres been a few missed opportunities to get some other rarer pieces!

Nice collection!
Which ones are carried most?
Thanks, so far the SS spydies are collectible only. My cruwear gets carried the most. I actually have gotten into zts a bit lately so theyre taking up pocket time. One day id like the gb2 to make a return to the pocket lol

Very cool collection!

You need to find one of the original Spydie ATRs, probably the coolest SS handled Spydie to hit the market. Another awesome SS folder is the Spydie BiFold. The Spyderco Karambit and Karahawk are other cool SS handled Spydies.

I see you added a few steel linered Spydies like the gb2. I love my Spyderco P’kal folders, they have steel liners.

While SS is cool it isn’t my personal favourite. Still, glad to see them getting some well deserved love!

I didnt know the atrs were steel handled, i thought they were all titanium?? Thanks for adding to the list of what i need now lmao all the knives you listed are definitely on the list and usually harder to find or pretty expensive unfortunately. I didnt think id like ss folders but theyre fun and damn hard sometimes to collect! Gotta love that snap of a ss lock back! I do have other knives as well, i have a small buck and zt collection and an awesome tiny knife collection :D

Nice pile you got there !
I love a slim & sleek metal framed Spyderco.
Thank you, i enjoy them quite a bit too. Its funny bc they are still heavy for my edc needs, but i love collecting then. Titanium never caught my attention much, and g10 and frn are good and cool. Carbon fiber has had my attention alot recently, but otherwise i like that good ol steel!

The sleekness of a SS Spyderco has always appealed to me, while heavy they carry so small. I do like their Ti as well and find it a bit “warmer”.

Titaniums just never done it for me. Im pretty particular in my choice of handle material. Thats why i like spyderco, lots of variations of the same model. Ultimately the collection kind of guided itself. I just aquired a decent amount of stainless steel and its at the point where that is the main theme. I collect other knives as well but this is the major portion of it

I like the saber grind on the SS Delicas and Enduras. Nice and robust.

Since it is the Year of the Delica, I recently picked up a SS Delica in SE. I like how it carries so slim inside the waistband, but I do need to switch the clip to tip up so the lanyard works better.

Back