Any love for SS Spydies?

Endura and Delica stainless Steel generations.

Nice pinwheel of SS Enduras and Delicas, Reject. And that perfect round backdrop has been just laying around, patinating and waiting for its moment. Well-crafted photo.

Starting at about 2 o’clock is a C47 Endura 11, AUS-6 blade, no boye dent, clip only the right hand side.

Next the C43 Delica 11, AUS-6 blade, no boye dent, clip on right side only.

Haven’t got a PS C43Delica 11, all the rest are plain, part serrated and serrated models.

Then the C10 Endura 11 and C11 Delica 11 same as the C47 and C43 but with the boye dent and then the gen 4 Endura and Delica.

Hey Brother REJECT :D Even over at the other forum you always amaze me at what you bring to "Show & Tell About". OK dude I know you're holding out on us :D because I'm willing to bet that you have a couple of those Stainless RESCUE models :cool:. I bet you also have the two Stainless Caly jr. models as well>> I had those two myself but I was enticed with a super good trade offer but now I regret doing it.

How about the Stainless VERSION of the ATR model I haven't anyone bragging about having one of those yet. Great Stuff Man!!

Hey Brother REJECT :D Even over at the other forum you always amaze me at what you bring to "Show & Tell About". OK dude I know you're holding out on us :D because I'm willing to bet that you have a couple of those Stainless RESCUE models :cool:. I bet you also have the two Stainless Caly jr. models as well>> I had those two myself but I was enticed with a super good trade offer but now I regret doing it.

How about the Stainless VERSION of the ATR model I haven't anyone bragging about having one of those yet. Great Stuff Man!!
Theres a SS ATR on the bay right now. I missed a calypso jr awhile back which was very disappointing.

If anyone would like to trade or sell me any PE SS models i dont currently have, im willing to negotiate!!

Theres a SS ATR on the bay right now. I missed a calypso jr awhile back which was very disappointing.

If anyone would like to trade or sell me any PE SS models i dont currently have, im willing to negotiate!!

If you get a GOLD membership ( or PLATINUM) you can buy, sell & trade here at BF on the EXCHANGE section. I've been a GOLD member for years and it sure is well worth the $30 a year. Because some of these obscure models you are wanting do show up from time to time. Some of the pre-2005 stainless Spyders are really getting tough to find and they were some of the best ones as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry JD, :( no Stainless Caly Jr.
I'll see if I can get some out for a photo next weekend.
Maybe Worker, Mariner, Hunter, Harpy, Rescue and ATR
:confused: What else is there? Co-pilot, dragonfly, Cricket, Native, Rookie, Toad, Pegasus?

:confused: What else is there? Co-pilot, dragonfly, Cricket, Native, Rookie, Toad, Pegasus?

The only two others I can think of off the top of my head are the "Pro-Venator" and the extremely rare "SPUR" model. I could still kick myself hard because not only did I trade the SPUR model I had NIB for years I really didn't get that much for it either:oops:. That SPUR I do believe is now in the top 10 most rare Spyders. And it was actually a nice little design too.

Navigator 2 was SS, along with the ag russel babyhorn, the executive, scorpius and adventura! Would love to find a decently priced adventura!

If you get a GOLD membership ( or PLATINUM) you can buy, sell & trade here at BF on the EXCHANGE section. I've been a GOLD member for years and it sure is well worth the $30 a year. Because some of these obscure models you are wanting do show up from time to time. Some of the pre-2005 stainless Spyders are really getting tough to find and they were some of the best ones as far as I'm concerned.
I guess im going to have to. Had some luck on the bay (found my PE pegasus for a good price) but otherwise its very hit or miss! I am looking for those early ones and the oddballs!

I guess im going to have to. Had some luck on the bay (found my PE pegasus for a good price) but otherwise its very hit or miss! I am looking for those early ones and the oddballs!

Personally I gave up on the "bay" some time back. Fees on top of fees on top of fees>> I just flat out got sick of it. If you sell something there and make a $25 profit it will be down to about a $2 profit by the time they extract all of the fees. When I joined the Bay back in 2003 it really wasn't that way. But over the next 6 to 8 years they virtually destroyed it in my humble opinion.

I've decided to patronize the good people here at Bladeforums. I've had excellent trading success over the years and I've also had good success selling a few items here as well. And don't forget the fact that you are dealing with a bunch of guys who are knowledgeable about knives and related items and it just gives you a lot better business environment IMO. And I've made some good friends buying, selling and trading here at BF over the years.

I
Personally I gave up on the "bay" some time back. Fees on top of fees on top of fees>> I just flat out got sick of it. If you sell something there and make a $25 profit it will be down to about a $2 profit by the time they extract all of the fees. When I joined the Bay back in 2003 it really wasn't that way. But over the next 6 to 8 years they virtually destroyed it in my humble opinion.

I've decided to patronize the good people here at Bladeforums. I've had excellent trading success over the years and I've also had good success selling a few items here as well. And don't forget the fact that you are dealing with a bunch of guys who are knowledgeable about knives and related items and it just gives you a lot better business environment IMO. And I've made some good friends buying, selling and trading here at BF over the years.
Im currently on knife_swap on reddit ehich

Im part of the knifeswap community on reddit and have had a lot of great interactions there. Heard good things here but never dabbled in the exchange part. Maybe soon enough!

I've always found it curious that the Stainless Caly Jr. had a hollow grind blade and as far as I know it was the only Caly jr. I owned that had a hollow grind blade. I've often wondered what the reason for that was. I'm wondering if the AUS-8 blade steel might have played a part in that? But I think that Micarta version of the Caly jr. also had AUS-8 for a while and I don't remember it being a hollow grind blade. But it's been years since I owned both of them.

I also remember an obscure model called the Scorpius that had a stainless handle and I haven't heard anyone talk about it in quite some time. I know that the Ladybug had a stainless version but I can't remember if they made a Jester model with a stainless handle or not. It's been years since that model was around.

I've always found it curious that the Stainless Caly Jr. had a hollow grind blade and as far as I know it was the only Caly jr. I owned that had a hollow grind blade. I've often wondered what the reason for that was. I'm wondering if the AUS-8 blade steel might have played a part in that? But I think that Micarta version of the Caly jr. also had AUS-8 for a while and I don't remember it being a hollow grind blade. But it's been years since I owned both of them.

I also remember an obscure model called the Scorpius that had a stainless handle and I haven't heard anyone talk about it in quite some time. I know that the Ladybug had a stainless version but I can't remember if they made a Jester model with a stainless handle or not. It's been years since that model was around.
Theres a SS ladybug and jester in my collection :)

Does anyone at all even remember the Spyderco Scorpius model? It was a very short lived stainless handled model. The Scorpius probably even had lower sales than the Stainless RESCUE models of the late 90s did. Most people don't realize just how many stainless handled models have been made by Spyderco over the years. Many of the very first Spyderco models from their inception were mostly stainless handled models>> especially those in the GIN-1 era.

Does anyone at all even remember the Spyderco Scorpius model? It was a very short lived stainless handled model. The Scorpius probably even had lower sales than the Stainless RESCUE models of the late 90s did. Most people don't realize just how many stainless handled models have been made by Spyderco over the years. Many of the very first Spyderco models from their inception were mostly stainless handled models>> especially those in the GIN-1 era.

I got into the SS niche not realizing how many models and model variations they did in stainless. I love the look of the scorpius, i think its a cool one off SS model. One day itll be mine!

Damn you have some good stuff hidden away! Thanks for the pics and replies, its cool finding others that think stainless has a classy look and feel. Plus its also interesting to see how my collection stacks up as ive been collecting pretty hard for only being in the game less than a year!

Damn you have some good stuff hidden away! Thanks for the pics and replies, its cool finding others that think stainless has a classy look and feel. Plus its also interesting to see how my collection stacks up as ive been collecting pretty hard for only being in the game less than a year!

That's interesting that you look at stainless handled blades like you do because I mainly like stainless for reasons of "function" and "durability". When it comes to looks ( aesthetics) I far prefer Micarta, G-10, Titanium and anodized/colored aluminum. But to me stainless is for "beaters" and that's just the way I use my Stainless RESCUE models too.

I'm glad that Spyderco makes a wide variety of stainless handled blades because there certainly is a huge market for them. I've wondered a lot about what can be done to stainless handles to make them less slick when wet. But I'm working on it because I have a few stainless Spyders and I hope to eventually use some of them. (SE especially).

Back