Anymore Left-handed Versions Planned?

I was just wondering if Kizer was planning on releasing any other models in their lineup in a true left-handed configuration.

I am very happy with my Gemini and would love to add more Kizers to my collection in the future.

Hello, what models do you suggest us to make a left-handed versions? All lefties are welcome to comment below. We will try our best to satisfy all of you!

That's great to hear !!! I'm already a happy owner of two of your knives. My girlfriend bought me a Gemini when it was launched (before the left handed version) and I carry it in a leather pouch. Then she offered me a Splinter because I liked the style and it has a lefty compatible clip (I know I'm lucky ;-)). I have an eye on the Shoal and the Toro because they have this feature.

I have to say that I would dream of a left-handed version of the Lancer 2. I find this knife stunning ;-). A left-handed Envoy would also meet my pocket if it was launched !! More reversible clips would also be convinient.

Anyway, I'm glad that you consider to make some left-handed knives. That's nice that a knife manufacturer takes its customers' expectations into account !

Thanks for your great knives !!

nMB074z.jpg

nMB074z.jpg

That's great to hear !!! I'm already a happy owner of two of your knives. My girlfriend bought me a Gemini when it was launched (before the left handed version) and I carry it in a leather pouch. Then she offered me a Splinter because I liked the style and it has a lefty compatible clip (I know I'm lucky ;-)). I have an eye on the Shoal and the Toro because they have this feature.

I have to say that I would dream of a left-handed version of the Lancer 2. I find this knife stunning ;-). A left-handed Envoy would also meet my pocket if it was launched !! More reversible clips would also be convinient.

Anyway, I'm glad that you consider to make some left-handed knives. That's nice that a knife manufacturer takes its customers' expectations into account !

Thanks for your great knives !!

nMB074z.jpg

nMB074z.jpg
What if we make a lef-handed Splinter? Will you buy it?

Personally no. I already have a Splinter and, since it has a left-handed compatible clip, I think that left-handed people who like the design are ok with it.
I think that if you want to produce some left-handed models you have to choose the ones that don't have any reversible clips.
Cheers from Belgium !

I would love to see the Critical (either flipper or non flipper), Sheepdog (mini or medium), or the Lancer 2!

(same as I mentioned on Instagram) :)

I was just wondering if Kizer was planning on releasing any other models in their lineup in a true left-handed configuration.

I am very happy with my Gemini and would love to add more Kizers to my collection in the future.

Kizer needs to release the Gemini in a left handed model permanently. Not just for one big US dealer.

The Envoy
The Critical
The new Theta
The new Matanzas

Not for me - I'm right handed - but we have already had customers asking.....

Honestly I would rather see more models with lefty clip drilling than lefty locks, wider market appeal that way. A lot of the knives that aren't lefty friendly easily could be with just a drill, tap, and many don't even need a redesign of the pocket clip.

If you did make some lefty models, though, a different steel than S35VN would be cool. Maybe something in CTS-XHP. That would be sweet.

If Kizer - as had been planned back in 2016 - had their Custom shop together by now, then it would simply be a matter of ordering left handed models from your dealer.

Kizer needs to release the Gemini in a left handed model permanently. Not just for one big US dealer.

The Envoy
The Critical
The new Theta
The new Matanzas

Not for me - I'm right handed - but we have already had customers asking.....
I didn't know Swan had a Kizer coming out! I would love to see that cone in a lefty!!!

I didn't know Swan had a Kizer coming out! I would love to see that cone in a lefty!!!

Sorry I guess I posted the photos of all the new Kizers in the Aussie Blade Forum but not here, since the US Kizer guy is pretty active here.

The Matanzas by US designer Nick Swan will have two versions - A straight edge drop point and a recurve edge. Should be released late January.

Matanzas - Specs
Blade Steel – S35VN
Handle material - 6AL4V Titanium & carbon fiber
Blade Length – 87.4 mm
Blade thickness – 3.5 mm
Total length - 203 mm
Weight – 110.7 grams
Single bearing system
Steel Lock insert
Flipper action

If Kizer - as had been planned back in 2016 - had their Custom shop together by now, then it would simply be a matter of ordering left handed models from your dealer.
This would be amazing if we could just order our knives to be drilled for lefty carry.

it just occurred to me we may be doing this wrong. i have no idea what the best selling kizer knives are... perhaps if we knew what the top 5 selling models were then we could decide if/what models would be a fit for a full lefty conversion. if we ask for a model that isnt very popular than kizer wont say no, they will just ignore the requests. obviously the Gemini must be a top seller, and in turn the lefty version must have sold well-in order to consider another run. if most of us agree that we are happy with the models that have the lefty clip option (mjolnir, shoal, toro, kyre, splinter, etc...) then we just need to decide which of the top selling models arent lefty friendly and lobby for one or two models. this seems to me to be the best way to get at least one more model made for us, or at the least make it clear the desire for just more geminis. so what do you guys think? i can start a poll (if i can figure out how to do it lol) of what i think are the best models are, or does anyone have any insight as to what sells well for kizer? pm me if you dont want to straight up post kizer... :)

Our top five selling Kizers would be - (Ti as opposed to the Vanguard version)

1. Dukes Ti (43 sold and we are in Australia with a small population compared to the US)
2. Envoy
3. Gemini Ti
4. Kyre Ti
5. Splinter

Last edited:
A lefty Feist or Splinter would be great. Or that new Matanzas, that's a good looking knife. I am still waiting to purchase a lefty gemini when Bladehq gets around to ordering some more or if Kizer decides to finally release them out into the wild. They sold out so fast!

Our top five selling Kizers would be - (Ti as opposed to the Vanguard version)

1. Dukes Ti (43 sold and we are in Australia with a small population compared to the US)
2. Envoy
3. Gemini Ti
4. Kyre Ti
5. Splinter

It won't be easy to decide for Kizer as I can already tell you that the interest in specific Kizer knives is very different in Europe...
In my shop over the last 4 years;
1. Gemini (Ki3471)
2. Splinter (Ki3457)
3. Sliver (Ki4419)
4. Feist (Ki3499)
5. Active Bantam (Ki3404)

There is (almost) zero interest for Kyre and Envoy and only very little for the Dukes...

I would suggest the Gemini and Feist as excellent candidates for a left handed version.

What if we make a lef-handed Splinter? Will you buy it?

I would definitely buy a lefty Splinter! I really like my lefty Gemini. I would also love to see a lefty in the following knives:
Fiest
Matanzas (drop point)
Lancer 2
Degnan Guru Flipper
Dukes

Heck, whatever you make in left hand configuration I will likely buy just to show support for making true left handed knives!

I just bought a Ursa Minor but would love lefty versions of more Ti knives:

• Intrepid
  • Feist
  • Ursa minor
  • Splinter

Back