Anyone order from Lamnia in Finland?

I ordered a Wetterlings Hudson bay from them. Shipping was fast and on time.(Less than 7 days I think.) Price was the best anywhere.

Their site (based in Finland, of all places) certainly displays a wealth of hitherto-exotic eye candy and prices that don't look to break the bank. Keep in touch on how you fare in this.

I had a similar experience to Woodcraft, my order arrived in a week or so. Did you get a tracking number?

No axes but many knives and they always shipped quickly without issue.

I'm curious about the story on the Svante Djärv axes?

They seem to rarely be in stock.

iv done a couple purchases with them. both arrived in under a week down to NZ.
they are good.

I've ordered four times from them. The free shipping along with the drop in the Euro relative to the dollar made their prices the best. Very fast except one order with a Leuku was stuck in customs for 18 days. It got here fine though, just took longer than I expected.

Ordered several knives from them. Great communications and fast delivery (about a week to travel half way around the globe).

Day 22. No axe. Lamnia asking Finnish Post to do investigation.

Its unfortunate, but not their fault. Im sure they sent it quickly and had every intention of getting the item to you quickly.
The problem here is with the couriers. I work in online retail and send enough packages to know occasionally things happen that are out of the sellers control.

From the sellers point of view they need to wait till the shipment is confirmed as lost by the carriers (and can therefore claim the expense back) before they can resend the item. Otherwise they may be out the cost of 2 items. Its unfortunate for all parties involved.

As long as they respond to your queries promptly and are doing everything within their control to sort it out, then IMO you cant ask for much more than that.

15 days and it looks as though my axe has not left Finland. The credit card was flagged by my bank, and the card replaced after the order. Have no idea what's going on.

Previous orders have been fine, but slow.

Same issue here in regards to item never leaving Finland. They issued me 2 tracking #'s:

1) from Finnish Post that says item is on its way to destination country.
2) from USPS that item has yet to be shipped from Finland.

Two days now and no further info from Lamnia. Credit card was billed on same day as order placed. I'll give it until Monday and then contact credit card company.

The flagging of your card may not have anything to do with Lamnia.

If a foreign charge is made and it is "out of character" for your purchasing history it might trigger a fraud response. It probably wasn't a human that made the call. It could just be a first line defense of fraud protection. Better safe than sorry from their point of view and ours I guess.

The threshold for purchases from different nations might be different for different banks and creditors as well.

Or not but I have had it triggered when there were foreign fraudulent charges as well as when I intentionally made a purchase.

I'm not sure that a customer would need to have all that patience, while Lamnia has the post investigate. It's all between Lamnia and that 3rd party, it shouldn't concern the customer. He paid for something, until he gets his hands on the package, the deal is not completed imo.

Retailers should, from time to time, eat a potential loss, and offer the buyer better protection. I see no reason why Lamnia would need to be reimbursed first by the post, to then take care of the guy. I know it sucks, but by going the distance, they would retain a customer and gain good PR. As it stands, I'd have second thoughts ordering from them.

Back