Anyone order from Lamnia in Finland?

.... As it stands, I'd have second thoughts ordering from them....
Did not see that coming.... Or did I? First class american bullshit. Lamnia probably has a couple of thousands packages delivered to the U.S, yet people have second thoughts about one package that didn't show up.

Jesus....

First class american bullshit. Lamnia probably has a couple of thousands packages delivered to the U.S, yet people have second thoughts about one package that didn't show up.

Jesus....

Not even close, my appalled friend - wrong continent. But we can always hold individuals to higher standards when selling stuff, here on BF, than bigger outlets, can't we? Please check the "GB&U" section.

But, looking where you hail from, I will state this: I've always had the impression (acquired through a few experiences) that Northerners will observe the "letter of the law" very closely, no matter what. (Maybe that's what they are doing here, as well. Take it as a quality or as a fault, to each its own.) My statistics may be irrelevant and skewed, though - as all I've had dealings with were less trigger-happy and more cordial :).

In the big picture, one cares about the good track record, but also cares how things are handled when they don't work out perfectly. Telling the paying customer to wait while they sort things out with a 3rd party (WIP 20+ days later) is one way to deal with things. One that I may, or may not approve of - and spending my money accordingly, lest your feelings be hurt? I'd hate to make you uncomfortable with my decisions - you know, I really, really care.

Last edited:
First class american bullshit.
I am thoroughly disappointed that you can not find and point out the flaws of an individual without attempting to insult everyone who happens to be living on the same chunk of soil. Bad form.

Its unfortunate, but not their fault. Im sure they sent it quickly and had every intention of getting the item to you quickly.
The problem here is with the couriers. I work in online retail and send enough packages to know occasionally things happen that are out of the sellers control.

From the sellers point of view they need to wait till the shipment is confirmed as lost by the carriers (and can therefore claim the expense back) before they can resend the item. Otherwise they may be out the cost of 2 items. Its unfortunate for all parties involved.

As long as they respond to your queries promptly and are doing everything within their control to sort it out, then IMO you cant ask for much more than that.

It's unfortunate when that happens, but a reality that consumers should be aware and sympathetic to. Sometimes a delay by the courier is because the package was critically damaged or lost...but many other times it simply got held up for one reason or another and it ends up finding its way to the customer. Because of that it's unreasonable to expect a retailer to immediately send out a second when they have no guarantee that they'll see their money back from the courier, and the customer may end up with two of everything on the order. And it's not the fault of the seller, so directing frustration their way is misplaced. Even most big retailers with the revenues to absorb those sorts of costs usually won't do that sort of thing. Oftentimes with edged items there can also be delays due to customs inspections.

Same issue here in regards to item never leaving Finland. They issued me 2 tracking #'s:

1) from Finnish Post that says item is on its way to destination country.
2) from USPS that item has yet to be shipped from Finland.

Two days now and no further info from Lamnia. Credit card was billed on same day as order placed. I'll give it until Monday and then contact credit card company.

Yep.

Highly unreliable for overseas shipments in my experience (till shipment has at least cleared Customs in the U.S.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Note that for packages still physically outside the USA, the USPS will only know what information was shared with them by the originating country's national post. Some countries are better at doing that than others, and some don't even share that information at all. Sometimes the package can be tracked simultaneously on both nations' postal websites but other times I've seen (on packages sent from the USA internationally) that the number will be active on the USPS website until it's in the hands of the destination country's postal services, after which it goes totally dead on the USPS site and doesn't register on the destination country's postal website at all, or times where it goes dead on the USPS site but goes active on the destination country's site. It comes down to the interfacing and integration that the two nations have established with their respective systems, and those don't always line up.

I've only heard good things about Lamnia's service, and so while even the best companies can occasionally drop the ball, I think in this case it's purely a courier issue, and that's part of what comes with shipping products in general, and international shipments in particular.

It's like any business. It's about managing customer expectations. I don't know how fast of shipping they advertise but I would expect to allow 6-8 weeks for an international shipment like this.

It sounds like their communication has been good and that's important.

Since this past November I've placed three separate orders with Lamnia.

The first order was over the Thanksgiving weekend (Black Friday Sale) for three knives... That order was shipped via EMS/USPS. Lamnia packed out the order and shipped it promptly... It took about ~5/6 days for the Finnish EMS to deliver the package at customs in the JFK airport area in NYC. So the package arrived stateside in early December but it then encountered a big delay because Customs was apparently slammed with excessive Holiday packages and they didn't end up releasing it to the USPS for several weeks until just after Christmas. USPS took another ~2/3 days to get it delivered to my house. Total actual transit/shipping time was probably around ~7/9 days not counting the additional three weeks being held up in customs. No fault due to either Lamnia, the Finnish EMS, or the USPS.

The second order was placed just after Christmas (for two knives and an axe) and was shipped via UPS International 2-day service. It was packed out and shipped quickly and it arrived on time. ~2-Days... :thumbup:

The third order was placed in mid-March (for a small axe and a hatchet) and it was also shipped via UPS International 2-day service. It too was also packed out quickly and it arrived on time. ~2-Days... :thumbup:

If your total order ($$) meets or is greater then a certain designated Lamnia shipping threshold... Lamnia will give you free shipping. From poking around with the Lamnia shopping cart I think there is a weight limit for UPS International 2-Day. So something quite heavy weight wise was looking like it would ship EMS/USPS while a lower weight item(s) would/were qualifying for UPS International 2-Day.

I've been quite pleased with Lamnia's service and wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

......In the big picture, one cares about the good track record, but also cares how things are handled when they don't work out perfectly. Telling the paying customer to wait while they sort things out with a 3rd party (WIP 20+ days later) is one way to deal with things. One that I may, or may not approve of - and spending my money accordingly, lest your feelings be hurt? I'd hate to make you uncomfortable with my decisions - you know, I really, really care.......

Still a very american thing to do, sorry about being wrong about the continent. Nothing personal tho.
Think what you want about the situation, the seller has contacted the third party delivering the package, what else could they do? Send him two other axes and a handwritten note begging for forgiveness about the whole situation?

Sometimes it seems people are way to hard on salesmen and retailers over things beyond their control.

I am thoroughly disappointed that you can not find and point out the flaws of an individual without attempting to insult everyone who happens to be living on the same chunk of soil. Bad form.

Dude, US is the land of lawsuits. A hot coffee was too hot, resulted in a million dollar lawsuit. People going bat shit crazy over a little uneven edge or a split in the wedge. Some guy chopped some ice on the roof with his new Gränsfors and the forum was going crazy about the axe not being hardened/tempered properly. What the f***! The roof was made of asphalt shingles, what the hell could you expect.....

Complaining about axes not being safe to use because of a little gap under the head, some have not even use the damn axe. I think it's ridiculous, yet a little funny.

Still a very american thing to do, sorry about being wrong about the continent. Nothing personal tho.
Think what you want about the situation, the seller has contacted the third party delivering the package, what else could they do? Send him two other axes and a handwritten note begging for forgiveness about the whole situation?

Sometimes it seems people are way to hard on salesmen and retailers over things beyond their control.

Dude, US is the land of lawsuits. A hot coffee was too hot, resulted in a million dollar lawsuit. People going bat shit crazy over a little uneven edge or a split in the wedge. Some guy chopped some ice on the roof with his new Gränsfors and the forum was going crazy about the axe not being hardened/tempered properly. What the f***! The roof was made of asphalt shingles, what the hell could you expect.....

Complaining about axes not being safe to use because of a little gap under the head, some have not even use the damn axe. I think it's ridiculous, yet a little funny.

Kind of all over the place aren't you? How about you calm down before you pull a hammie.

Kind of all over the place aren't you? How about you calm down before you pull a hammie.

People are expecting way to much, that's my point. After all, it's a world full of humans. It will never live up to your expectations of perfectly aligned grain and and spot on wedges, 2 day shippings and handwritten apologies for not satisfying their most valuable customers needs.

Live with it

People are expecting way to much, that's my point. After all, it's a world full of humans. It will never live up to your expectations of perfectly aligned grain and and spot on wedges, 2 day shippings and handwritten apologies for not satisfying their most valuable customers needs.

Live with it

Are you responsible for the too short to be a real handle, handle on my wetterlings? If you are I am disappointed and demand an explanation!

Are you responsible for the too short to be a real handle, handle on my wetterlings? If you are I am disappointed and demand an explanation!

Yes, in fact I am. I thought it would be the perfect handle for you. An axe with a too short to be a handle-handle, for a man with a too short to be a real 'handle-handle'....... :D Now, let's be friends.. Whaddaya say

Dude, US is the land of lawsuits. A hot coffee was too hot, resulted in a million dollar lawsuit.

To be fair, it was eventually settled for less than $600,000. The plaintiff (79 year-old woman who lost 20% of her body mass, down to 83 pounds, during the ordeal) originally asked for $20,000.

"Liebeck sought to settle with McDonald's for $20,000 to cover her actual and anticipated expenses. Her past medical expenses were $10,500; her anticipated future medical expenses were approximately $2,500; and her daughter's loss of income was approximately $5,000 for a total of approximately $18,000. Instead, the company offered only $800. When McDonald's refused to raise its offer, Liebeck retained Texas attorney Reed Morgan. Morgan filed suit in New Mexico District Court accusing McDonald's of "gross negligence" for selling coffee that was "unreasonably dangerous" and "defectively manufactured". McDonald's refused Morgan's offer to settle for $90,000. Morgan offered to settle for $300,000, and a mediator suggested $225,000 just before trial, but McDonald's refused these final pre-trial attempts to settle."

"Other documents obtained from McDonald's showed that from 1982 to 1992 the company had received more than 700 reports of people burned by McDonald's coffee to varying degrees of severity, and had settled claims arising from scalding injuries for more than $500,000. McDonald's quality control manager, Christopher Appleton, testified that this number of injuries was insufficient to cause the company to evaluate its practices."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

Live with it

As you should live with the fact that the world doesn't agree with you, always, on everything. And when you stumble upon such a degenerate :), it's still good to clothe your righteous outrage in more pallatable words. Saves face in the long run.

You know, free speech and all - another very American thing :).

Moral of the story is Micky D doesn't care about you. I try to stay away from fast food and processed foods, particularly those I can't identify. Where exactly are the nuggets on a chicken?

Given an option I would prefer to hunt, raise, grow and process my own. It's not always going to happen unfortunately.

Likewise us picky people are best off buying old heads, profileing them and hafting them to are own taste and standards.

As you should live with the fact that the world doesn't agree with you, always, on everything. And when you stumble upon such a degenerate :), it's still good to clothe your righteous outrage in more pallatable words. Saves face in the long run.

You know, free speech and all - another very American thing :).

I would sure be better off most of the time to head your advice Moonw. Well done.:thumbup:

Its pretty amazing when you think about it. (I was talking to a family member about this recently.)

We can go online, research a product, and place an order. And, depending on the product, it arrives from the other side of the planet within days. (Or if we don't want to spend so much on shipping - - within a few weeks.) We can buy highly specialized, niche items that our local retail stores can't afford to stock (not enough demand in the immediate area). Recently, its just happened to work out that about half my purchases - of various types - have come from overseas. I'm still amazed when the package has a label showing it flew from Europe, Asia, Australia, or New Zealand and I imagine the journey it took to get to me.

Day 28. Still no axe. No further contact from Lamnia. Last email says they filed investigation with Finnish Postal and they are very slow. I guess I'm just an impatient American full of BS who is out $150. For now anyway :D

Lol. I think you are a dude who sent money and did not receive the product you paid for. Who would not be upset? From my experience, and that of others of lamnia has been positive. Perhaps the problem is the delivery system. For a second, think from the other perspective. They received money. They shipped the item. You are saying you did not get it. Tracking says it stopped moving. Tracking is unreliable. They initiate the investigation. Insurance comes into play. And both you, (frustration, time) and them (the same as you) paid for the failures of the delivery system. If you posted and got negative feedback about the company on the majority of the posts it may be different.
This may just be a case of a lost/ stolen package and a slow post investigation.

Back