Anything Goes - all discussion allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait -- you were not at fault.
their insurance company is paying for everything.
there is no deductible, because it's not coming out of your insurance.
IF your insurance was paying for everything then going after theirs, you would have a deductible until the companies settled, then you would be entitled to a refund of the deductible.
If the allsnake adjuster tried to hit you with a deductible, you have a valid grievance.

No my insurance said the process could be moved along faster if we just went ahead and paid the deductible for the truck, because they KNOW allstate is going to try to deny liability (although they didn't say they that it outright).

katie you don't have to pay the attorney most will take your case for a percentage of what they collect. you are going to be due some pain and suffering money, time lost from normal activities and any other expenses you have.

give one a call at least, they don't charge unless they collect for the most part.

take it easy
cricket

I don't know how the laws work around here. Where we come from you couldn't sue for pain and suffering. Only if bones were broken, death, major injury ect.

ETA: Dave I know you're gonna say "that's why you should hire a lawyer" :) I know it's creepy. I'll step out of your head now.

Last edited:
i said it wasnt the best thumb in the world but it works, and now it has character :D

sure thing.

chics dig scars, I mean that one isnt the coolest scar....and it doesnt quite have a machismo horror story to accompany it but.....its cool i guess; I could get laid because of that scar.

Charm....abs.....scars....... NUFF SAID.

bwwaahhhahaaahaaaa :barf: ok I feel better.

I talked to my insurance company (man i love progressive!). Damage to my truck was a bit over 5k (rear door is being replaced, bumper, frame is being pulled, ect.). They are reimbursing me for Hayden's carseat that was in the truck at the time of the accident. My truck will not be done until at least March 26 :(.

I spoke to Allstate about picking up the difference so I could get a rental car that actually fits my family and they will not accept liability yet! They say it will take 5-7 days to get the police report (i could fax one instantly. isn't that amazing that it will take so long). I think they're going to try to put it on the ford explorer.

My insurance has paid for my truck repairs and will waive the deductible for me once they accept liability. I'm happy it's not totaled and we have a long way to go before it reached the value to actually total it.

I talked to my insurance company (man i love progressive!). Damage to my truck was a bit over 5k (rear door is being replaced, bumper, frame is being pulled, ect.). They are reimbursing me for Hayden's carseat that was in the truck at the time of the accident. My truck will not be done until at least March 26 :(.

I spoke to Allstate about picking up the difference so I could get a rental car that actually fits my family and they will not accept liability yet! They say it will take 5-7 days to get the police report (i could fax one instantly. isn't that amazing that it will take so long). I think they're going to try to put it on the ford explorer.

My insurance has paid for my truck repairs and will waive the deductible for me once they accept liability. I'm happy it's not totaled and we have a long way to go before it reached the value to actually total it.

:cool::thumbup:

katie in texas you can sue for pain and suffering. we just went through this with my wife a few months ago. she messed it up by trying to deal with it all herself and it was allstate for the bozo who hit her too. so call a lawyer!

glad your truck wasn't totaled.

take it easy
cricket

:thumbup: Awesome !
LOL how you going to fit all that camping gear & my tent in your rental :D

so I should stop at your place, pick up all your camping gear, and then go to the park? Good thing I'm not flying...

I thought that eric! We are bringing 2 vehicles and the trail blazer has a trailer hitch so we'll bring the small trailer.

I have so much crap to do to get ready.

Mrs. Shotty, sorry to hear about your difficulties dealing with the other driver's insurance. At least the other drivers *had* insurance! Seems a very high percentage of drivers *don't* have insurance these days, even though it is required! The last guy that hit me, handed me his insurance card, but he hadn't paid the renewal on it! I had to get it fixed under my Uninsured Motorist coverage and pay the deductible, but was surprised my insurance company (State Farm) refunded me the deductible later when the got the money out of him.

I think I will take a vacation day next Friday so I can get down to Stubblefield before dark. I look forward to meeting y'all in person.

There was a horrible drunk driving accident in my state. a little boy was killed and the little girl has brain damage! the drunk driver had no injuries. the officer told the drunk driver what he did and the drunk told the officer 'kill me now". the family that got hit had no health insurance. i think we to make alcohol illegal or just legalize drugs. I also think we need universal heath care. i think obama is doing a good job! i hope he can get universal heath care to america!

I own a spec-23. the knife is great! i like the chrome blade.does anybody else have this blade?

There was a horrible drunk driving accident in my state. a little boy was killed and the little girl has brain damage! the drunk driver had no injuries. the officer told the drunk driver what he did and the drunk told the officer 'kill me now". the family that got hit had no health insurance. i think we to make alcohol illegal or just legalize drugs. I also think we need universal heath care. i think obama is doing a good job! i hope he can get universal heath care to america!

I'm not trying to argue with you, but I'd just like to point out what happened that one time some time ago when the US tried to ban alcohol--the Prohibition saw a tremendous crime spike, the likes of which had never been seen before. When Prohibition ended, so too did much of the crime. Just tossing it out there. As the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions--some things just aren't as simple as we think they are! :eek:

I'm not trying to argue with you, but I'd just like to point out what happened that one time some time ago when the US tried to ban alcohol--the Prohibition saw a tremendous crime spike, the likes of which had never been seen before. When Prohibition ended, so too did much of the crime. Just tossing it out there. As the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions--some things just aren't as simple as we think they are! :eek:

+6

side note- 42 you getting in on the super fab denim jacket comp? make one for the cat and you get bonus points!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back