Anything goes, part deux..... The stoopid continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah it's nice to be home!

After weeks of hearing nothing but rejection from potential internships, I finally got an email yesterday from a small company asking when I can interview with a couple of their employees. Of course, I get this the day after I drive home 5 hours and I'll probably have to go back down Thurs or Fri. I'm very excited for it and hope I get it.

Things were pretty rough for a while when I was stressing over school, and even though I didn't do as well as I had hoped, things are looking up! I managed to get through my Junior year, I got called for an internship, and have even been seeing a beautiful lady-friend the past few weeks. Although I'm generally a pretty happy guy, it's nice to have another reason to smile again :D

marriage_proposal_01.jpg

marriage_proposal_02.jpg

marriage_proposal_03.jpg

marriage_proposal_04.jpg

marriage_proposal_05.jpg

That Jennifer sign is funny but what you dont know is Jennifer just sold all your stuff via Craigslist :thumbup: Vengeance is loves counter part :D

I'd never give a woman 6 days to destroy my life. (who am I kidding I've given them years!)

That was rather interesting. What is odd, is I just met a girl named Jennifer not to long ago :eek:

meh.
change the locks before she gets home and add a sign to the door stating it was a typo - you meant 6 hours... :D

I just got my renewal subscription in the mail for Guns & Ammo but I did a double take and laughed.... renewal 1 year $14 not bad ..... 2 years $15 ... I did the 2 year w/ the quickness.. just thought that was odd but I guess interwebbing is slowly killing magazines and newspapers..... I just like the paper version over digital copies or whatever

Just got back from my interview with the company I'm hoping to Intern with. I think I did pretty well as I seem to fit the culture there and had good answers. The only part that bugs me is that it kinda seemed like they were push for time and trying to rush it. I'll find out next week if I get this or not, otherwise it's summer classes for me

I just got my renewal subscription in the mail for Guns & Ammo but I did a double take and laughed.... renewal 1 year $14 not bad ..... 2 years $15 ... I did the 2 year w/ the quickness.. just thought that was odd but I guess interwebbing is slowly killing magazines and newspapers..... I just like the paper version over digital copies or whatever

yeah same here, i go to buy some knife magazines thinking "oh these will be cool" the issue for june has OLD info in it. i feel kinda stupid for not looking through first :grumpy: well at least i learned my lesson.... :eek: :foot:

Magazines are rather odd on their cost. I keep getting magazines wanting me to subscribe to them for $12 for a year, or $14 for 2.

Magazines are rather odd on their cost. I keep getting magazines wanting me to subscribe to them for $12 for a year, or $14 for 2.

It's FAR cheaper for a company to retain their customers than getting new ones. By charging only $2 for an extra year, they lock you in for that time and don't have to spend more money trying to attract you for 2 years. The money is more valuable to have it now, than in another year or two.

...well I'll be damned, I actually learned a thing or two in skool!

Just got back from my interview with the company I'm hoping to Intern with. I think I did pretty well as I seem to fit the culture there and had good answers. The only part that bugs me is that it kinda seemed like they were push for time and trying to rush it. I'll find out next week if I get this or not, otherwise it's summer classes for me

I got the internship!!!!!! whooo hoo

Thanks guys! I'll be doing Flash emulations for new Verizon phones that are coming out and writing individual apps for each phone. I start in 2 weeks so that gives me 2 weeks of summer and to get outdoors and enjoy the area. They are mostly young interns like me, and a very fun atmosphere so I'm looking forward to working.

Here's an example of what they do
http://www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia/mim/emulators/htc_ozone/emulator.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back