April 2021 BOTM - 104 Compadre with 3V steel

nice set there.

so standard one
buck of the month in d2
buck of the month 3v
Filson one
skblade d2 buck forum one

great set ya got. whats missing red standard one, orange Filson one and thats all of them, so far anyways, right?
100% correct! You have a good eye.

Yes, missing the red cerakote and the orange Filson. I've got a lead on the orange but it's expensive. No luck on the red yet but I'm not losing sleep on either of those. I may even sell this olive version.

100% correct! You have a good eye.

Yes, missing the red cerakote and the orange Filson. I've got a lead on the orange but it's expensive. No luck on the red yet but I'm not losing sleep on either of those. I may even sell this olive version.
I'll look...I think i have an extra red one in the collection. I owe ya anyways. first let me look tonight and see if I do have an extra one before ya say no.😁

Funny, the red one seems to be the one worth any money, and I've used mine pretty hard...

oh well. It was before they released all the others, and I like it. It bounces around in the back of the golf cart.

I was collecting them myself, but cheaped out and skipped the Filson knives.
They are a great knife tho, one of my favorites.

I've decided it's not wise to collect a knife you like to use.....

the guy selling on Ebay has some parts but they are not any kind of reg production. It was part of that Excell Spreadsheet list of knives sold thru irregular channels I put up a few months ago.

the guy selling on Ebay has some parts but they are not any kind of reg production. It was part of that Excell Spreadsheet list of knives sold thru irregular channels I put up a few months ago.
figures.

FxjynhW.jpg

JPhduFS.jpg

Amazing how a little handle contouring modification makes the knife a TON more comfortable. This got used peeling bark off of a bitternut hickory walking stick, cutting two more walking sticks for my in-laws mid hike in Shenandoah, and making a handful of spears for the little wild children. I was thrilled to find a solid tang when I took off the scales instead of the skeletonized version on the Reaper. Belt sander, dremel with a sanding wheel and a cup full of ice water and shazam. Rectangular slab becomes comfy contoured handle! Awesome hiking knife!

FxjynhW.jpg

JPhduFS.jpg

Amazing how a little handle contouring modification makes the knife a TON more comfortable. This got used peeling bark off of a bitternut hickory walking stick, cutting two more walking sticks for my in-laws mid hike in Shenandoah, and making a handful of spears for the little wild children. I was thrilled to find a solid tang when I took off the scales instead of the skeletonized version on the Reaper. Belt sander, dremel with a sanding wheel and a cup full of ice water and shazam. Rectangular slab becomes comfy contoured handle! Awesome hiking knife!
Great post.
Those 104's are one of my favorites for camping.
I really like your sheath. Where did you come up with that?

Cool. Thanks!
I thought it looked similar to the LT Wright sheaths
I'll look into that.

They‘re really nice sheaths for the money. The leather is soft, but once the sno-seal is melted (a hair dryer works just as well) it gives it a nice solid fit. They’re listed by letter for sizes. This one is the “K“ sheath with dangler and ferro rod loop.

Great.
I have looked at those in the past.
But I never thought to put the 104 in one.
I appreciate your input.
They look like a nice sheath.
And that price is fair.

I like seeing nice knives being used, and not sitting in a safe.
I'll bet that was a great trip!
Thanks again.

Back