Are BK9's Still Cool?

I looked at all sorts of big knives TOPS, BUSSE were at the top of the list. BK9 price of $118 with tax came out ahead.
Once you start putting it through its paces, you’ll promptly realize that it’s a great multipurpose knife. It chops like a machine yet it’s incredible nimble. I have many more expensive knives that aren’t as good. :thumbsup:

Once you start putting it through its paces, you’ll promptly realize that it’s a great multipurpose knife. It chops like a machine yet it’s incredible nimble. I have many more expensive knives that aren’t as good. :thumbsup:

Im looking forward to it. At 118 bucks I can still justify something else down the road. I've had a BK2 for years by my wood stove for kindling. Been abused, batoned through garbage wood, occasionally finding nails with out a hiccup.
I would like a big ol BUSSE at some point. they've gone up in price since last I was following them. Not begrudged towards them. Good for them. But couldn't justify it right now, unless a user comes up on the exchange.

Any how hope to add some BECKER pics soon.

Last edited:
Of course the King is and will always be cool !!! Smokey mountain knife works did have Beckers on sale.
But to save your hands watch this ,this is how to split kindling with a hatchet safely
that video doesn't look any easier or safer than batoning small pieces indoors. My BK2 makes short work of it and you can make smaller pieces with a large knife easier, safer and more controlled indoors tapping off slices off the sides and corners. Just my mileage though. I own axes, hatchets, and mauls, just my way of doing it.

Im looking forward to it. At 118 bucks I can still justify something else down the road. I've had a BK2 for years by my wood stove for kindling. Been abused, batoned through garbage wood, occasionally finding nails with out a hiccup.
I would like a big ol BUSSE at some point. they've gone up in price since last I was following them. Not begrudged towards them. Good for them. But couldn't justify it right now, unless a user comes up on the exchange.

Any how hope to add some BECKER pics soon.
The BK2 and the BK9 make an excellent duo. Sounds like you appreciate the 2; that said, I think you’re really going to like the 9 too. Around here, we call it the King for a reason. :thumbsup:

Also, you have a very nice start to a fine Becker collection; should you be happy with the 9 and would like to check out a third blade to really compliment the two you have, I’d recommend the BK16 tweener. It’s one of Ethan’s favorites and it’s designed very well. :)

Final thought, I have a Busse Hell Razor 2 and it’s a nicely built tank of a knife; still, I find myself regularly reaching for the King. :D

I have a healthy appreciation for the BK2. It does what it does well. The Hell Razor 2 was calling my name for sure. I had a Boss Jack that I regret selling. But thats the hobby, I like to buy and sell off and more than once theres the blades I wish I held onto. Another one I miss is an EsKabar...

Ill take a closer look at the 16

Last edited:
Yes & they will always be cool. A VERY functional blade at a working persons wages. Period.

I will say upfront that this is absolutely a compliment : The entire BK&T line is very similar to the A-10 Thunderbolt or affectionately know as the Warthog. Not the newest fanciest design, sheaths are the weak point for many but they function & function WELL & have it where it counts. They are loved by thousands & can be modified to your liking. It flat out does it's business & does it well, without breaking the bank. THAT will never go out of style.

I have been looking at different blades, itching to buy something, and I always look at my Beckers and wonder why I need to spend the equivalent of 3 of my Beckers on one fixed blade. I mean, I've only done yard work with them, nothing fancy like splitting logs and making fire, but they work great, are beautiful knives, and don't cost an arm and a leg.
I mean, I have a kabar dogs head as well, and it's beautiful and classic. But I want more Beckers.

Also waiting on a kydex sheath for my 16. I wanted a more compact sheath to carry every day. Yup... I'm finally getting into carrying a fixed blade every day!

Waiting on a good deal on a bk9. And I'm looking into getting a pistol... Decisions decisions!

But I want more Beckers.
Yup... I'm finally getting into carrying a fixed blade every day!
And I'm looking into getting a pistol... Decisions decisions!
;)
Training pays.
xGbSkoc.png

What I like about the 9 is how well out still performs as a knife despite being a large chopper.

For an example, it cuts waaaay better than something like a Ontario SP-53, but will still handle tough jobs like batoning through rounds.

It’s a great knife.

I would recommend an Azwelke sheath to round out the package.

I have never been happy with the edge of an Ontario.

What knives will fit in the smaller knife pocket on the bk9 sheath? Anything besides the bk13?

I had some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket so I decided to get a BK9 and some micarta scales. This will be my first Becker.

Edit: I got the BK9 in and it is very cool.

When the going gets rough, those pricy choppers stay home in their snuggly wraps, while the BK-9 goes out to play. :)

n2s

Back