Are you happy now ? Whats next ?

Hey BF community, I've come to a point in my knife collection where I have seem to cover all my bases. I'd like to think I've got a knife for "anything and everything".

I'd love to hear if anyone else shares this feeling. Also feel free to tell me whats in your collection and what task/where you usually use said knives. I currently own:

-S30v 940-2 Osborne by Benchmade (light edc/gentlemen's knife when out to dinner)
-M390 PM2 by Spyderco (heavy cutting/slicing task)
-S35VN Sebenza 21 by Chris Reeve (where shouldn't you use your sebenza?)
-M390 G3 by Bradford (dirty task seeing as its a fixed blade)
-M4 GB2 by Spyderco (veggies and fruits as I am striving for a natural patina on this M4 steel)

PS. Im open to ideas of other knives a "collector/user" needs to try in his lifetime as I'm sure all of you know we share a sickness here.

Am I happy now? Yes. Do I think I no longer need or want anymore knives? No. The reason is simple: there are so many great knives out there that I have not tried. FYI, I currently have 2 Hinderers, 7 ZTs, 8 Spydercos, 3 Benchmades, 1 Reate, and quite a few of several other brands.

My next one will likely be kw exclusive Spyderco Military s90v TI/CF with RIL lock.

Am I happy now? Yes. Do I think I no longer need or want anymore knives? No. The reason is simple: there are so many great knives out there that I have not tried. FYI, I currently have 2 Hinderers, 7 ZTs, 8 Spydercos, 3 Benchmades, 1 Reate, and quite a few of several other brands.

My next one will likely be kw exclusive Spyderco Military s90v TI/CF with RIL lock.

No CRKs? :(

You can't really cover "anything and everything" without some large fixed blades in there somewhere! :D

Don't get used it. Once you think you have it all down, it changes on you again, and again, and again! This knife stuff is a sickness I tell ya!
"Large" fixed blades? Like a machete for when I'm clearing out the conservation area in my back yard? I thought I had this side covered with my little G3 lol

You can't really cover "anything and everything" without some large fixed blades in there somewhere! :D

Don't get used it. Once you think you have it all down, it changes on you again, and again, and again! This knife stuff is a sickness I tell ya!
Trust I know from experience when I first started this little addiction!

T

Tried one plain jane lg Sebenza 21. While a knife of top quality, it was just not for me. It cannot be flicked ot flipped, and the ergo did not feel quite right.

Oh they can be flicked and flipped. They just need love sometimes. But different strokes, and all that. :D

T

Tried one plain jane lg Sebenza 21. While a knife of top quality, it was just not for me. It cannot be flicked ot flipped, and the ergo did not feel quite right.
A good/proper cleaning and I had my Sebbie flicking after a couple hours of deploying it. But like harden said, they aren't for everyone sadly.

Everytime I think Im ready to settle.. I get bored and something else sparks my interest cause I follow so many different accounts on instagram and even on here so then Im back to wanting to try something else. Just too many steel, lock, handle materials, opening mechanism etc to settle for just one

Everytime I think Im ready to settle.. I get bored and something else sparks my interest cause I follow so many different accounts on instagram and even on here so then Im back to wanting to try something else. Just too many steel, lock, handle materials, opening mechanism etc to settle for just one
Does it seem like your taste keep getting more expensive? That's the route I'm going down now. My next interest is a Shiro sadly. Although I'm not even sure if I'd bring something like that to work, yah know?
Nice start. :p
Thanks man! What have you got so far?

Ummmm... listing approximately 425-450 or so (lost count around 400 ;)) would be a bit time consuming to say the least. :eek: Good luck with YOUR self control. :D

Ummmm... listing approximately 425-450 or so (lost count around 400 ;)) would be a bit time consuming to say the least. :eek: Good luck with YOUR self control. :D
Man..it's crazy to think someone owns that many! I want to keep my collection to a controllable number because I have a tendacy to lose thing very easily.

I'm happy with my "collection" where it's currently at as well. Probably won't change until I switch my job/career. As it sits now I have all my bases covered with four knives:

- Benchmade Bugout - Off work EDC
- Benchmade Custom Griptilian - Work EDC
- Spyderco Pacific Salt - Kayak & beach carry
- Esee 4 - Truck emergency knife and sometimes hiking

I've got everything covered and I am happy. That said, I'm always looking for what is next, need having nothing to do with it...

And as was said above, without a medium and/or large fixed blade I would not consider my knife needs "covered".

I've owned hundreds, but through the years I've given enough away and traded enough off that I'm stable at "dozens" I guess.

I liken my knife hobby to my microbrew penchant. There's always another to try out. Sure, there's some that I would buy again and there's some that just don't float my boat... But I find it immensely enjoyable sampling the next one.

And like microbrews, it's usually better to pay the price for quality, but price doesn't automatically guarantee quality... and every now and then there's an inexpensive one that comes along and surprises you.

There’s been times where I was happy with my collection; thinking I had enough. But then, like many others here, my interest got triggered again and I quickly bought some more.
The cool thing about collecting is you can create a “style” or a “look” for your collection as a whole. Then once you’re bored with that, you go out and buy something different from what you typically like. That mixes things up and you get interested again because you went outside-the-box a bit.
Sounds like you got a nice little collection though, so well done! :thumbsup:

Back