Are you happy now ? Whats next ?

Does it seem like your taste keep getting more expensive? That's the route I'm going down now. My next interest is a Shiro sadly. Although I'm not even sure if I'd bring something like that to work, yah know?

I started getting more and more expensive. I decided the hinderer/olamic prices were going to be my max prices. 500$ would probably be my limit. Hinderer for me is a perfect balance of: looks, function , and durability.
Customs for me just isnt something i can get into. Some featured on jim skelton's youtube channle look down right silly.
The exchange allows me to try stuff on the secondary market that is normally over what i would be willing to pay; for much less.

This would be up your alley... 3/16" A215061969528751024070843.jpg

If I was happy I wouldn't be on this forum browsing the pictures threads daily, contemplating what to get next.

I really want a Damascus blade CRK with wood inlays but I'd have a hard time getting myself to actually use it so that's the only reason I've been putting it off.

Is there any fixed blade that is a "must have" persay? I was honestly thinking about trying to get my wife out of the house on some weekends and go camping. But I definitely don't want to look like a fool with my little G3!

Your G3 is a good fixed blade and probably all you'll ever need. I don't even need my Esee 4. I keep it because I like it but mostly because it gives me a little piece of mind for potential emergency egress out of my truck considering I drive over bridges every day. Same reason I keep a seatbelt cutter in my truck. If I further downsize my "collection" it will be the first to go. As far as "must have" fixed blade, most folks on this forum will recommend the Guardian 3 or 4 as the must have fixed blade. You are certainly no fool for owning one. But then again a fixed blade isn't absolutely needed for hiking/camping either. Enjoy what you have. Don't worry about what other people tell you you "must have" because that's a crock of s***. My opinion anyway

If you don't mind me asking who did you use for your customs?! I haven't experienced that part of this hobby yet.

haha How much time do you have? Mid-tech and custom- Folders: RJ Martin, Sean O'Hare, Gavko, Shirogorov, Tom Mayo, CRK, Les Voorhies, Rod Olson, Darrel Ralph, Mac Wasil, Aegis, J. Hoover, Ferrum Forge(My favorite folders), Jake Hoback, Jeremy Robertson, and maybe a few more that I bought and sold, can't remember.
Fixed - Gollik knives, Carothers, Busse, Shannon Steel Labs, Huntsman, Robert P Martin(tearsofthesword.com) not RJ Martin, C3 knives, George Young, Bradford(production, but great knives), and my own I've made.

I have all that I need but still would like to try an Emerson A 100. The only other thing I would like is a large fixed blade Bowie type of knife. I haven't really decided what one tho.

I have all that I need but still would like to try an Emerson A 100. The only other thing I would like is a large fixed blade Bowie type of knife. I haven't really decided what one tho.
I never was fond of the Emerson look for some reason. What's holding you back on getting on?

Does it seem like your taste keep getting more expensive?
My overall tastes have gotten progressively more expensive, but I have reined it in pretty much and I'm satisfied with stuff that just works for me now. My last knife purchases were this past spring. There are a couple I would like to own, but not something I am going to get too excited about fulfilling at the moment.
Yes, I think a machete might be a good addition to your accumulation. Perhaps a big chopper..... you know the knives we love that we seldom ever use? ;)

My overall tastes have gotten progressively more expensive, but I have reined it in pretty much and I'm satisfied with stuff that just works for me now. My last knife purchases were this past spring. There are a couple I would like to own, but not something I am going to get too excited about fulfilling at the moment.
Yes, I think a machete might be a good addition to your accumulation. Perhaps a big chopper..... you know the knives we love that we seldom ever use? ;)
Your right about the excitement factor not being there as much. I remember when I first purchased my PM2 it was killing me waiting for that blade to ship!

On the other hand, when I go into new knife purchases I have a pretty good assumption of what to expect of the knife even before I have it in hand based on the specs of said knife which I've come to enjoy.

I now have a pretty good sense that a particular knife will work for me. Sometimes I just buy stuff for the fun of it. Those are the ones I am reining in. I know what you mean about waiting for USPS or UPS and watching the progress shown in the tracking.

Pretty happy at the moment. Would like to get a ZT someday.
Liking the 0095BW.

Hey BF community, I've come to a point in my knife collection where I have seem to cover all my bases. I'd like to think I've got a knife for "anything and everything".

I'd love to hear if anyone else shares this feeling. Also feel free to tell me whats in your collection and what task/where you usually use said knives. I currently own:

-S30v 940-2 Osborne by Benchmade (light edc/gentlemen's knife when out to dinner)
-M390 PM2 by Spyderco (heavy cutting/slicing task)
-S35VN Sebenza 21 by Chris Reeve (where shouldn't you use your sebenza?)
-M390 G3 by Bradford (dirty task seeing as its a fixed blade)
-M4 GB2 by Spyderco (veggies and fruits as I am striving for a natural patina on this M4 steel)

PS. Im open to ideas of other knives a "collector/user" needs to try in his lifetime as I'm sure all of you know we share a sickness here.

OHYAH . . . totally HAPPY !
I have no machetes, no large Bowies, (no small Bowies though I had a customer call my Manix LW a Bowie )(I don't have the Manix anymore).
I could go on and on about what I don't own. Basically I have a good number of "pocket knives" ranging from ~ 1/3 inch to six inch.
My last big purchase was my Benchmade 940-1 (carbon fiber handle, S90V blade). That was the end of the road. (well there were one or two plain high carbon knives in there after that but yah).

I was EDCing my Endura 4 ZDP-189 today and yesterday, had a Cold Steel Lucky in the other pocket and a Case Trapper CV in a belt pouch . . . just in case . . .
Just in case of what you ask ?
Well . . . just in case . . . I need to show someone a nice patina.

Yah . . . no more knives . . . I'm happy.
Well unless I get a chance to buy one of them Para 2s in M4
or
I guess there is always the chance that I might order a Maximet this or that while sleep walking some night.
But that's ALL.

Pretty happy at the moment. Would like to get a ZT someday.
Liking the 0095BW.
A ZT was one of my 2015 wishes at the beginning of the year. But which one? I read about them all the time and most seemed to love them. I visited a big knife store that sold them and handled a number of them to give myself a bit of a real-life foundation or reference point. I knew I didn't want a pocket brick and I knew I didn't want a flipper.... I got the 0770CF (assisted opener) which I was very pleased with.

Back