Attention Beginner Knife Makers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Mark.. Can you identify these blocks for me, please? The top one has "Claro Walnut" written on one end but, the other two have nothing written on them. Thanks!

here they are. can you please id for me? thanks

IMG_2112.jpg

The first set is quartersawn curly walnut. The second set is flat sawn figured walnut. I recommend very thorough sanding and an oil finish. They will look real good when you are done.

Hey, Mark.. Can you identify these blocks for me, please? The top one has "Claro Walnut" written on one end but, the other two have nothing written on them. Thanks!

The first one is claro walnut.
Second one is redheart maple burl.
Third is walnut with a little burl.

The maple will look like crushed velvet when it is finished. Real cool stuff.

I will be sending more out Friday to everyone who has paid shipping.

Mark,

Got mine in the mail last Saturday, set them down in the shop and been fixing water breaks around town since. 3 nice sets of walnut scales, one very beautiful. Thanks for the great offer. May be a while before I get'em stabilized and on knives but I'll send pics to you.

Pat

These are the ones where shipping payment cleared and I shipped today. I think I accidentally sent a bunch that I was supposed to be selling. Real pretty stuff.

chris duda
Darren Hess
Jared Page
Heather Hurley
Cindy Barnett

you are the man. got my paypal confirmation today. Definitely looking forward to what's coming my way.

Thanks again for your generosity.

Chris

wrong stuff!? sounds good to me!

but on serious note, if that was suppose to go to someone else let me know!

Last edited:
If this is still a going thing I would love to get some scales, I am on my 3rd knife and would love to put some wood on this one, home made "mycarta" gets messy... This is an awesome thing you are doing.

wrong stuff!? sounds good to me!

but on serious note, if that was suppose to go to someone else let me know!

I just grabbed what was close at hand when I did the mailing. This batch just happens to be a bit nicer than what I usually give away.

I think I'll keep doing this for at least the next month or so. After that who knows. I have a limited attention span and tend to go off in a lot of different directions. Fortunately I have a good boss who puts up with me.

hey buddy i hope im not abusing your genorosity but is your offer still standing?
if it is let me know so i can send payment!
thanks!

hey buddy i hope im not abusing your genorosity but is your offer still standing?
if it is let me know so i can send payment!
thanks!

This will be ongoing for a while. Just send $5 paypal to cover shipping to itsaburl@hotmail.com . Be sure to mention in the notes section scales or blocks so you get what works best for you.

Mark this is a great thing your doing here for the new guys ohh did I mention I am new :p, well it was worth a try. Guys let me tell you It's a Burl has the largest selection of local burl woods I have ever seen and Mark gets to pick the best of it, I know I live about 40 minutes from them.

so.... Im thinking you didnt grab these by accident! I think you wanted to see some of us newbies have a heart attack because of how beautiful this wood is!

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

OMG those are beautiful
I hope i'm as lucky

yeah tell me about it! they were rough sawn when i opened them and my wife couldnt figure out why i was so excited, so i sanded them with a 120 gr belt and rubbed a little danish oil on them to show her. squigly, if you dont get some as beautiful as these i would be willing to ship one of these to you!

I'm all the way out here in California so i think I got another day or 2 to wait at least. I bought some steel about a week ago from Pennsylvania and it toook 7 days to get here. Tracking number routed it through Hawaii of all places. K don't care if it routes through Indonesia if they get here looking half as good I'll be more than happy. Hell I'm already happy. I was expecting to have to wait a while till i could get some from Mark. You know the economy and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back