• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Atwood Tactical Whistles

whistle1.jpg

These are turned from 303 stainless steel and have a Delrin reed insert. They are made to last your lifetime and beyond. I spent quite awhile tuning the inserts to get a nice clear sweet sound and they are extremely loud. An excellent defensive and survival tool that is also decorative and durable. :)

whistle2.jpg

Whistles are $35 each or 3 for $95 plus shipping. They can be ordered directly off my new site, http://www.phlaunt.com/atwoodknives or email me for other arrangements. Thanks for looking!

No ti on this batch. It would be very expensive to do these in titanium and honestly I think stainless is a better choice wear wise.

Peter-

Love the new look on your site. I just need to save some money and spend alittle with you. my list now has the prybaby, whistle and bug out bar...STOP IT! :grumpy:

David

Tactical?! You mean I be a mall ninja with these? :D

I played with the proto last week. Very well done. And the whistle is loud...

Even better than when you saw it Brian. We tuned the inserts to produce a sweeter and clearer note. I'm totally happy with them now. :) And I have a few with jewels set in the tip......pics later tonight. ;)

This one is set with a Tiger's Eye cabachon: :)

jwhistle1.jpg

I also have black lip pearl, malachite, synthetic opals, hematite, jade, black onyx and blue denim lapis lazuli in stock. Email me for more details....

Peter, those are gorgeous. I've already got one of your knives (bought from Gary Moore at the last Denver show) and I really like it - it's my small EDC.

One question: I really like small tools made in brass. Any chance that you will be doing a run of the whistles in Naval Brass anytime soon? :D

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

You know, I had thought about brass and I don't know why I didn't do a few. Next time I'll do some. The biggest issue with it is that it tarnishes easily so that was one reason why I didn't use it.

I had wanted to do bronze because I love it's rich color and that it so ancient of a material but the problem is it has lead in it. You can buy the leadless but it is very expensive. So I decided that poisoning folks would be a very bad idea and went with stainless.

These things are great, but be careful! I was trying mine out Saturday afternoon when I went out to feed the dogs and for a minute there I thought they were going to drag me down and kill me. Very cool, very loud, looks like they'll last forever. You won't be dissapointed.

Peter Atwood said:
I had wanted to do bronze because I love it's rich color and that it so ancient of a material but the problem is it has lead in it. You can buy the leadless but it is very expensive. So I decided that poisoning folks would be a very bad idea and went with stainless.

Peter, that's pretty much how I feel about Brass - I love the color and the history. Bronze is a lot eaiser to work, but the lead makes it a bad idea with a tool you put in your mouth. Didn't know you could get a leadless bronze - interesting.

Peter, that's the coolest idea I've seen in a long time! I've had a cheap aluminum whistle on my keychain forever. Other than annoying my wife with it it just sits there wasting space. Time for an upgrade!

Can you post the dimensions, or a size comparison with something common like coins, etc?
I have no idea what I'd use a whistle for(whistle at things?), but that's really :cool:

never mind, found it on your site
btw, that mini Bee Sting is really slick, too.
And the prybaby, and the Bugout Bar, and....

Peter Atwood said:
Here's a neat pic I took yesterday:

5whistles.jpg
From left to right: Opal, Lapis, Black-lip Pearl, Tiger's Eye, and Jade, right?

What do I win!? :D

Mine still hasn't shown. Damned USPS. :mad:

Back