AUS8A SRK "Destruction Test" video

Maybe something to do with their business practices or elitist attitude?

It ain't braggin' if you back it up.

Yea, Busse knives are a little harder to get, and they do have a very interesting marketing model, but it's all fun and I have never owned a bad Busse knife.

You should spend a little time reading the Busse forum, I think you would be surprised at just how many people actually revel in beating on their Busse knives, regardless of the expense.

The OP's video is impressive as well - a good knife is a good knife and deserves recognition.

best

mqqn

No, but I do think they are insanely overpriced, and over rated.
I've been a Cold Steel fan since the eighties, I own dozens at least, fixed blades, folders, machetes and what have you.
I also own about twelve Busse and kin. And let me tell you, Busse is not overpriced, and certainly not overrated. Busse can measure up to any custom, both in design and in quality of build, materials, heat treatment. They offer an unmatched warranty.
Don't make this into a p1$$1ng contest. These are both great brands of knives.

I've been a Cold Steel fan since the eighties, I own dozens at least, fixed blades, folders, machetes and what have you.
I also own about twelve Busse and kin. And let me tell you, Busse is not overpriced, and certainly not overrated. Busse can measure up to any custom, both in design and in quality of build, materials, heat treatment. They offer an unmatched warranty.
Don't make this into a p1$$1ng contest. These are both great brands of knives.

ESEE's warranty matches Busse's

It ain't braggin' if you back it up.

Yea, Busse knives are a little harder to get, and they do have a very interesting marketing model, but it's all fun and I have never owned a bad Busse knife.

You should spend a little time reading the Busse forum, I think you would be surprised at just how many people actually revel in beating on their Busse knives, regardless of the expense.

The OP's video is impressive as well - a good knife is a good knife and deserves recognition.

best

mqqn

I agree. There are some good folks in the Busse Forum.

AUS8 is fine, hating on another brand is bad taste.

Also, pounding a nail into a 2x4 and punching through metal sheeting doesn't really show edge retention.

AUS8 is fine, hating on another brand is bad taste.

Also, pounding a nail into a 2x4 and punching through metal sheeting doesn't really show edge retention.

I take it that you did not watch the whole video. After pounding the crap out of that knife, he did some slicing with it.

Please keep discussion of other manufacturers to either their respective forms or if comparing two or more to general discussion

Back