Off Topic Australia on fire

Yes for many many Aussies this is a horrific reality just now, I am at a loss to describe some of the scenes that have appeared here. I am lucky that we are not directly impacted here at home, but everyone seems know someone who is. The video from the Fire and Rescue Truck was taken about 15mins from a friend's holiday home, he and his family are still there, OK but shaken. I saw the interview with the Firey that filmed it. There were six trucks on that stretch of road, all were rendered immobile by those flames. The crew shown had to bail out back up the road and jump on a passing water tanker and into a media vehicle. Amazing that so far the loss of life has not been greater than what it has.
Wow, I didn't know any of the back story. That is completely insane. Very happy that they made it out of that hell alive.

Stay safe buddy.

Wow, I didn't know any of the back story. That is completely insane. Very happy that they made it out of that hell alive.

Stay safe buddy.
Sadly not everyone made it. Last i heard one hour ago, 7 lives lost and 17 missing, very very sad.

I have been following this thread for over a month now and having just re-read all of it I can see that my first reply never posted. o_O Apparently some technical mumbo jumbo about having to actually hit the "Post Reply" button? . . . . Sounds like Crazy talk! :eek::confused:o_O

Our prayers go out to all who are living through this never ending war zone.

And to you HOGs who are in the midst of this nightmare, take special care to keep your bacon safe!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

*** If any of you Aussie HOGs who have posted to this thread, want to donate some Busse steel to these brave fire fighters, volunteers, neighbors, or family members who are in harm's way, we will be glad to issue each of you a Shop Credit for up to $500.00 in an effort to replace the blades you donate with something new. Just tell us how much and it will be done! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ***

I wish we could do more.

Email Amy and/or Garth at amy@bussecombat.com and garth@bussecombat.com and we'll get you taken care of ASAP!

Stay safe my friends and by all means. . . . Let's Drink!!!! :cool:

Jerry :D

*** (You can apply these non-transferable shop credits to any current or future orders. They are good for knives only. Shipping charges and other merchandise are not included).

Sounds like another Dunkirk type evacuation/rescue is needed. Best wished to everyone there.
I was thinking this a couple days ago. I was watching a YT vid where all these people were at a state park on the water and there was only one more place to go~swimming-People were already out in boats all along the coast - Yeah, certainly a operation "Dynamo" taking shape there.

I have been following this thread for over a month now and having just re-read all of it I can see that my first reply never posted. o_O Apparently some technical mumbo jumbo about having to actually hit the "Post Reply" button? . . . . Sounds like Crazy talk! :eek::confused:o_O

Our prayers go out to all who are living through this never ending war zone.

And to you HOGs who are in the midst of this nightmare, take special care to keep your bacon safe!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

*** If any of you Aussie HOGs who have posted to this thread, want to donate some Busse steel to these brave fire fighters, volunteers, neighbors, or family members who are in harm's way, we will be glad to issue each of you a Shop Credit for up to $500.00 in an effort to replace the blades you donate with something new. Just tell us how much and it will be done! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ***

I wish we could do more.

Email Amy and/or Garth at amy@bussecombat.com and garth@bussecombat.com and we'll get you taken care of ASAP!

Stay safe my friends and by all means. . . . Let's Drink!!!! :cool:

*** (You can apply these non-transferable shop credits to any current or future orders. They are good for knives only. Shipping charges and other merchandise are not included).
....... Jerry, thank you that is an extremely generous offer and is greatly appreciated. At present I don't know anyone directly impacted or a firey that would appreciate a Busse. My former neighbour is in the RFS and we remain good friends but most of my Busses are bigger than her ;) I did drop some bottled water and energy drinks down to the local RFS station yesterday, tomorrow our Saturday, is shaping up a the worst day yet and while here you are encouraged to donate $s to the RFS I also like to personalise it and drop some drinks/snacks to the locals in the hope it makes their coming days easier. Nonetheless your offer sums up much of the spirit of this small corner of the internet !!!

....... Jerry, thank you that is an extremely generous offer and is greatly appreciated. At present I don't know anyone directly impacted or a firey that would appreciate a Busse. My former neighbour is in the RFS and we remain good friends but most of my Busses are bigger than her ;) I did drop some bottled water and energy drinks down to the local RFS station yesterday, tomorrow our Saturday, is shaping up a the worst day yet and while here you are encouraged to donate $s to the RFS I also like to personalise it and drop some drinks/snacks to the locals in the hope it makes their coming days easier. Nonetheless your offer sums up much of the spirit of this small corner of the internet !!!

Okay, here's a different offer! I'll match whatever donations you Aussie HOGs make in the way of drinks, snacks, and $$$ with a Busse Shop credit of up to $500.00!

No receipts or proof of purchase necessary . . . . . A HOGs word is as good as gold. . . . :thumbsup:

Let's Drink! :D

Good Stuff Bossman!:thumbsup: ... I saw a video today of a stampede of Roo's - Man, this is really doing a number to the wildlife. Those poor Koala can't outrun this stuff. The estimates and predictions of the true impact of this is just heart breaking man. I saw a number of upwards of half a billion animals fallen victim is just devastating. So heart breaking sad. Prayers to all of you folks.

Good Stuff Bossman!:thumbsup: ... I saw a video today of a stampede of Roo's - Man, this is really doing a number to the wildlife. Those poor Koala can't outrun this stuff. The estimates and predictions of the true impact of this is just heart breaking man. I saw a number of upwards of half a billion animals fallen victim is just devastating. So heart breaking sad. Prayers to all of you folks.
To give you some perspective, as i sit here typing, i am about 160-200 miles away from the nearest fire front. Outside is shrouded in smoke, and you can smell burning wood as soon as you go outside.

Fire chiefs have been telling some locals down here to "Get out now" as they expect a rain of fireballs to hit areas tomorrow.

I can believe it because my mate's brother was at Bermagui when the fire hit on NYE, he is one of those quietly competent, very stoic kind of guys, but he was 'completely rattled' by what he saw. The fire generated its own weather and was completely unpredictable, he saw lightening and fireballs coming out of the smoke clouds.

When the Canberra fires happened about 15 years ago another mate, who was fighting the fire, said a fire tornado sucked up whole trees, combusted them on the way up, and then spat out giant balls of flaming gas from the top, which drifted slowly through the air until they landed on houses and exploded them.

So, tomorrow is gonna be a bad day. I'll be spending the day preparing even though I'm in a lower risk location now, because of the predicted wind direction (but the fire is still within a few kilometres of me). My friends down there left their home - it will be too dangerous - and will be spending the day sitting on the rocks on the edge of the ocean so they can jump in the water if they need to. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst !!

Okay, here's a different offer! I'll match whatever donations you Aussie HOGs make in the way of drinks, snacks, and $$$ with a Busse Shop credit of up to $500.00!

No receipts or proof of purchase necessary . . . . . A HOGs word is as good as gold. . . . :thumbsup:

Let's Drink! :D

...... Jerry....don't know how to say it other than "you are a good man".

Fire chiefs have been telling some locals down here to "Get out now" as they expect a rain of fireballs to hit areas tomorrow.

I can believe it because my mate's brother was at Bermagui when the fire hit on NYE, he is one of those quietly competent, very stoic kind of guys, but he was 'completely rattled' by what he saw. The fire generated its own weather and was completely unpredictable, he saw lightening and fireballs coming out of the smoke clouds.

When the Canberra fires happened about 15 years ago another mate, who was fighting the fire, said a fire tornado sucked up whole trees, combusted them on the way up, and then spat out giant balls of flaming gas from the top, which drifted slowly through the air until they landed on houses and exploded them.

So, tomorrow is gonna be a bad day. I'll be spending the day preparing even though I'm in a lower risk location now, because of the predicted wind direction (but the fire is still within a few kilometres of me). My friends down there left their home - it will be too dangerous - and will be spending the day sitting on the rocks on the edge of the ocean so they can jump in the water if they need to. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst !!
......thinking of you from here on the very north side of Sydney mate. Sounds like a hollow gesture but I mean it when I say if I can help out in any way, just let me know.

Thanks Andy. To paraphrase your words, this crowd of Hogs are good people !!!

Stay safe my friend, i will be praying for you and everyone.

As an aside, here are some pics I've posted previously. All these places have burned.

Screen_Shot_2018-12-04_at_9.26.36_pm.jpg

13.jpg

d3.jpg

d02a.jpg

e08.jpg

1.jpg

2h.jpg

AcawyPf.jpg

For what it’s worth coming from me in Alberta, I’m praying for y’all too...
Special prayer requests for the fire fighters... It’s dangerous exhausting work...
Well, you guys already know that...
God Bless & I hope those fires are out soon!!
Randy aka Sixx

... All these places have burned.

I feel your pain, brother. I know how powerfully sad those memories can be, having experienced the loss of more than 40,000 acres of White Mtn Wilderness in New Mexico near our home a few years ago. Places my wife and I loved and explored together, wild places that still live so vibrantly in memory, in reality reduced to burn scars and ash. It takes years—sometimes generations—for the land to heal itself. But...hopefully it will have the chance to come back. The important thing now is to please be careful until this thing is over.

Back