Axe, Tomahawk & Hatchet Photo Thread

Foxx, nice collection. I especially like this one and the finish on it is great.
necklaceanddog045.jpg

Yeah M3mphis I like that one too. It's a beast, that spike, with the weight of the head, penetrates deeper than all my other spike hawks. Yet, it's the thickest spike out of all I own. Without that heavy duty shrink wrap, I would have alrady destroyed that handle, that stuff can take a beating. I can throw it, but it's a bit heavy and almost seems to hit higher than my target area. The weight of the head pulls it out of my hand too early.

The Renegade isn't great at chopping wood, and the spike is so long, it wants to gouge your eyeballs. I nicked my head once with the spike, just once, I stopped doing that for health reasons.

Condor Combat Axe; Blasts into the deadly hand jive at a fraction of the cost. This is the Condor Combat throwing Axe, I put the triple-wrap 550 cord handle on it. No handle slabs is the difference between the two Condor Combats. It can chew on some Oak for the camp fire no problem. Throw it if you want, it was definitely made for it. Then back to the dance, this tomahawk was made for! The Tomahawk comes razor sharp out of the box.

Condor.jpg

Condor Combat Axe; Blasts into the deadly hand jive at a fraction of the cost. This is the Condor Combat throwing Axe, I put the triple-wrap 550 cord handle on it. No handle slabs is the difference between the two Condor Combats. It can chew on some Oak for the camp fire no problem. Throw it if you want, it was definitely made for it. Then back to the dance, this tomahawk was made for! The Tomahawk comes razor sharp out of the box.

View attachment 271820

I like it looks handy for travel.

I like it looks handy for travel.

Yup, just gotta make your own edge covers (very sharp edges) unless you get theirs. I didnt want the leather pouch. Condor does make good leather tho.

I guess everyone just post one Hawk or something at a time, to keep this thread at the top. I wonder how long we can go. Sticky seems like a tough to do for our Forum. I've only got about 4 or 5 more.

Yup, just gotta make your own edge covers (very sharp edges) unless you get theirs. I didnt want the leather pouch. Condor does make good leather tho.

I guess everyone just post one Hawk or something at a time, to keep this thread at the top. I wonder how long we can go. Sticky seems like a tough to do for our Forum. I've only got about 4 or 5 more.

I just put it in my cart on amazon the one without handle or cover. The price is right. Is it really 1/4 inch thick?
Yes I think thats a good idea about single posts to keep the thread lively.

EDIT: It's on the way, the picture by the pile of wood did me in.Your wrap looks thick.

Last edited:
Condor Combat Axe; Blasts into the deadly hand jive at a fraction of the cost. This is the Condor Combat throwing Axe, I put the triple-wrap 550 cord handle on it. No handle slabs is the difference between the two Condor Combats. It can chew on some Oak for the camp fire no problem. Throw it if you want, it was definitely made for it. Then back to the dance, this tomahawk was made for! The Tomahawk comes razor sharp out of the box. View attachment 271820

I saw this axe on display in "The Hunger Games" movie.

I just put it in my cart on amazon the one without handle or cover. The price is right. Is it really 1/4 inch thick?
Yes I think thats a good idea about single posts to keep the thread lively.

EDIT: It's on the way, the picture by the pile of wood did me in.Your wrap looks thick.

Yes it is. And, thank you!

Here we have the Ranger Renegade on a 34" handle. Yes, it is very effective at everydamthing at this length! It's the perfect size head for a long tool. I use it as a cane in the woods. The spike is great for hooking anything you want or even digging a 3'deep x2'x2' hole. It splits great, like a small axe and it's just good at all Camping, Hiking stuff.

Ranger Renegade.jpg

Yes it is. And, thank you!

Here we have the Ranger Renegade on a 34" handle. Yes, it is very effective at everydamthing at this length! It's the perfect size head for a long tool. I use it as a cane in the woods. The spike is great for hooking anything you want or even digging a 3'deep x2'x2' hole. It splits great, like a small axe and it's just good at all Camping, Hiking stuff.

View attachment 271831

Very nice as well and multi functional too. Question is Ranger or renegade when relatiing to hawks a generic term or style of hawk or is it a brand name?
thanks

Justin Gingrich started making knives under the name Ranger Knives, tomahawks as well. Ontario then started a Ranger line of knives, Justin's designs. Now, you can still get knives and hawks from directly from Justin Gingrich, like the Renegade hawk. Like mine....

necklaceanddog045.jpg

Hey Lee, I assume you made that handle, the 34" sounds powerful. Or, did you order it from Justin that way? I have a 36", 3 lb, double bit axe, and man it has power. Sometimes I feel that the Renegade is almost too much weight for the haft it came with, for a fighting hawk. I can choke up, but you loose power again. Now, for chopping wood, I bet you are right on the money, with the added length. I might have to try that at some point, I like the cane idea as well.

Back