Böker Plus Epicenter

Nice! This might just be my next Boker purchase. And it would be my second titanium knife. Boker Plus Elegance is my EDC "dress" knife.

Dave

What's not to love about this knive....this pic make me crazy :D

fbfb1be2.jpg

any new news on this. date?

GPK has them listed, expected to arrive in mid-August.

On another note, DAYUM that knife looks great. Looks to me kinda like an Andrew Demko custom had a threesome with an SR-1 and a Sebenza, and that is what the baby looked like :D

Thought I would give this a bump and get it back on the front page.
I see its now possible to find a price with just a bit of effort. Looking forward to this Boker.

I found this knife on their site and really want it! but i think ill wait till there are reviews on it

Fondled a fresh example yesterday at the enabler's. Neat - but no price on it yesterday. It seems thicker than the Bradley Alias II. No phosphor bronze bearings apparent at the pivot - may be teflon washers. Definitely not a Bradley, much less a Sebbie. Interesting knife. Real Japaneese VG-10? Gotta look for it - it's small - but 'China' was on it, for sure.

Stainz

I have'nt bought a Boker in yrs. but this has me interested. Is Boker Plus a step up from the other Boker's ?

It's the opposite. Boker Plus is a step down in grade; it's their line that is made in China. The prices are still not cheap--Boker Plus blades are in the $50 - $150 range--but they're much cheaper than Bokers made in Solingen, Germany.

What a great looking blade. Would love to see some reviews. But it's definitely on my radar.

Over 200 bucks for a Chinese boker ??? The german made Anso 67 is cheaper ! No doubt a nice knife but the price just seems a bit high for me

My pre-order shipped out today. Should have it in hand early next week. I'll be sure to post some pictures and reviews.

-nate

Let me get this straight: The new version is not German made? It's Chinese?

Anyone with specs on this, please post.

Just got my Boker Epicenter in today. I must say, all the hesitation about a knife made in China is not unfounded. This knife is a prime example. It had the makings of a great EDC and a great price for two slabs of Ti. Unfortunately, the execution falls short just a bit. If this is due to QC issues and I just got a dud, someone else feel free to chime in, anytime. That being said, when first handled, because of its heft, felt solid- seemingly a real quality knife. It initially felt good in the hand, no hotspots and I like the choil. The opening is also very smooth and the blade was centered. Although, the lock was sticking a little bit.

Because of this knife's simplicity and the way it initially felt in the hand, please note the issues below, I really wanted to like this knife. If the quality of the execution were a tad bit better... Here are overall images of the knife.

epi 1.jpg
epi 2.jpg
epi 3.jpg

Please note the following images for my main issue- the Ti slabs do not line up. Most notable at the choil and back of the handle. The space between the edge of the the handle and the standoffs are very uneven because of this. This is not only a cosmetic issue. Since the Ti slab protrudes longer on the lock side, where fingers actually come into contact, it feels a bit uncomfortable when gripping it tightly. There is also blade play from left to right- maybe just gotta tighten the pivot to fix that. But that also should have been picked up by QC- along with the screw ups on the beveling of the handle edges.

epi 4.jpg
epi 6.jpg

Damn, that is too bad. Poor fit and finish indeed. Are you going to ask for a replacement or has this model been soured for you?
Just got my Boker Epicenter in today. I must say, all the hesitation about a knife made in China is not unfounded. This knife is a prime example. It had the makings of a great EDC and a great price for two slabs of Ti. Unfortunately, the execution falls short just a bit. If this is due to QC issues and I just got a dud, someone else feel free to chime in, anytime. That being said, when first handled, because of its heft, felt solid- seemingly a real quality knife. It initially felt good in the hand, no hotspots and I like the choil. The opening is also very smooth and the blade was centered. Although, the lock was sticking a little bit.

Because of this knife's simplicity and the way it initially felt in the hand, please note the issues below, I really wanted to like this knife. If the quality of the execution were a tad bit better... Here are overall images of the knife.

View attachment 224349
View attachment 224350
View attachment 224351

Please note the following images for my main issue- the Ti slabs do not line up. Most notable at the choil and back of the handle. The space between the edge of the the handle and the standoffs are very uneven because of this. This is not only a cosmetic issue. Since the Ti slab protrudes longer on the lock side, where fingers actually come into contact, it feels a bit uncomfortable when gripping it tightly. There is also blade play from left to right- maybe just gotta tighten the pivot to fix that. But that also should have been picked up by QC- along with the screw ups on the beveling of the handle edges.

View attachment 224352
View attachment 224353

I'll get a replacement. Intend to EDC it, it felt good in hand initially and it does have a very serviceable blade...just looking at it right now is very annoying.

I guess I look at value vs function. An overview, ie, a casual fondling, gave the Epicenter some high marks due to heft - and in a Ti framelock - go figure. A closer look reveals less than stellar fit & finish. Oddly, my favorite large Ti-framelock is the BM 630 Skirmish - both my new and used examples cost me less than the Epicenter runs, too. Closer study made it apparent - the Bradley Alias I, maybe a foot or so away in my pusher's display case, is a far better way to spend two really big bills. Of course, as it is made by Benchmade in the USA, it does exude more quality. The Epicenter may be a player in the marketplace - at a lot lower price. Many of the Boker Plus line knives, and I have a few, made in the PRC as they are, represent decent values... not this one - not to me. YMMV.

Stainz

Well dang...I was REALLY looking forward to this one, but....

It seems YT is exploding with vids about the poor QC on this knife.
I hope Boker is listening and re-examines this knife for another go in the future.I want to eventually try it, looks really nice.

Back