Bad news

Thank you for placing the picture up of Bruce and his mate, this has been a shock to us down under.

Hope your on the 'edge' looking over us Bruce :).

TiNi - Tim

Thank you for placing the picture up of Bruce and his mate, this has been a shock to us down under.

Hope your on the 'edge' looking over us Bruce :).

TiNi - Tim

You're welcome, Tim!
It was a shock here too. keeps making my eyes leak.
I know he missed his dear Becky immensely. They are together again. Bruce will probably insist that they both be Blu's guardian angels. He will watch over us, thats just the kinda guy he was.

Last edited:
This is sad news. Thank you for letting us know, Steve. Prayers for a peaceful journey Bruce. Rest in peace.

Very sorry. Prayers for peace and comfort to all.

Prayers up for his family and his friends. You are in a better place my friend. One day I hope to meet you there.....

Jack

OMG! just saw this thread & was shocked. bruce was one of the good guys. he will be missed by many around the world.

bruce WAS as good as his dog thought he was.

bye for now, my friend, see you later...

RIP

This is sad news. I just posted a thread here in the Cantina with him in mind. This is shocking. Bruce was a great guy. Smoke up for a friend...

Just heard of this on another forum and a bit of a shock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Krull, a regular of the Cantina just DIED. Forgive me, for I sincerely do not mean to offend, but I do not feel that, in the moment you typed the above statement, that you were concerned about the feelings of the good people who knew Bruce. Tragedy should never be a common factor in ones life, for I feel that it degrades one's self to steep and stew in death and destruction for too long, and if it is a too-common part of your life, Krull, may I suggest a change in lifestyle? All I am saying is, when I saw that statement you made, I was honestly offended, and I am too foolish and new to have come across Bruce in my time here. Mistakes are an integral part of change, and change makes life interesting and worth living, but mistakes often need to be corrected. I believe you made a mistake by typing that, and we are all here to help fix that mistake, if you are willing to admit that you were wrong, which is exceedingly difficult to do. If you said that to someone who knew Bruce personally, and that someone had a temper, you could have found yourself withering before a downpour of violence and righteous fury. Please, reconsider what you typed, and edit your post. If no one else feels as strongly as I do about this, and people feel that I, in fact, overreacted, please let me know, and I will admit that I was wrong, and I will retract my statement. If I am overstepping and taking over the moderators duties, also, please let me know, and I will step aside. Peace, and goodwill to all. Rest in peace, Bruce.
David

Yes, David, you arent the only one who feels that the post was insensitive.
This is Bruces memorial thread, his relatives or close friends may read it. Please post accordingly.

Oh, good, I'm not going crazy. I thought for sure I was the only one, but I'm not, that is good...since I did not know Bruce particularly well (actually, not at all), and since it has been said that the best way to remember someone after they are gone is to know how they lived, not how they died, I would ask of my friends that they tell me more about him, for knowledge breeds understanding, and understanding engenders empathy, and empathy is truly what we are after here, is it not, empathy for Bruce's passing? I ask this not to be some smart alec freak trying to pry into the affairs of the deceased and their circle of close friends, I ask because I am a very sensitive, compassionate person, and I believe that my question could unlock peoples grief, and allow them to compartmentalize it healthily, in the way that we human beings do, to prevent another tragedy, and this is directed at those who were closest to Bruce. I have seen the horrors of depression, grief, and agonizing suffering on the human body first hand, experienced it, lived it, and seen it in others, and it is appalling, the damage that can be done by something as simple as losing a pet hamster, much less something monumental, like losing a real person with feelings, history, and a future. I would like to, with the utmost respect and the permission of the OP, to remember Bruce, so people can know that, yes he was human, but he was a great man, and THIS and THAT and THAT is WHY! Okay, I'm done with intruding for now, I will let those closest to him decide what to do with the future of this thread. Peace on Earth, if only for a moment.
David

Haven't been here long, but I know Bruce to some extent based on the company he kept:

Deel, 1990 to 2004, a Dalmatian cross Australian Cattle Dog; once in your lifetime you get a perfect dog, he was mine, still so sadly missed:

Deel---Lieberhund.jpg

Becky, 1995 to 2009, Auldbrig Belladonna was a pure breed Border Collie of immense sweetness, who had the ability to make me laugh at the toughest of times. Gone ahead, waiting for me to catch up with her:

BeckyJan05rescaled.jpg

Boyz Light Up (BLU) born February 14, 2005 is a purebred Rhodesian Ridgeback of great intelligence and stubborness, who for the last six years has not been parted from me for no longer than six hours. If you like big dogs but can't get out and exercise them regularly, pick a Ridgie, they are at their happiest in your company.

bluthinking.jpg

ridgeline.jpg

What can one say about a friend he's never actually met?
Bruce and I had quite a few conversations thru email, many laughs, many concerns and even some crying.
Bruce was a Gentleman with a big heart. He was genuinely concerned for his friends, even the internet ones.
He was concerned for the welfare of animals and the ecology.
He was Intelligent and knowledgeable about many things, but would be the first to tell you he was fallible. If he didnt know about something , he was inquisitive and eager to know. He held none of the pretentiousness that some of us, even myself can have. We shared a love of land, wilderness and of farming and livestock.

I've gotten to know quite a few people here on the forums. Some of them i've even met face to face, or talked to by phone.
Bruce Molin was a man i was and am still proud of being fortunate enough to know and be able to call my friend.
He helped remind me of people birthdays and helped me understand some things i might never have understood.
He was good help and a good friend. One i wish i had taken more opportunity to call and know better.

I think i am forever going to miss him, as i would a member of my own family.
But we are all family here....Right?

A dog lover, how inspiring, I truly cannot get enough of a good dog, and anyone who appreciates that or feels the same way is as good as a friend to me. His dogs are keeping him company...somewhere.... When I saw your post Karda, it really touched me, in a solemn, but totally un-intrusive or creepy way, because we are only as strong as the bonds that keep us together. I almost felt like singing 'We are family!', but that would be completely inappropriate in this thread. I respect him even more than I already did. Peace.

Last edited:
Back