Bad news

So sorry to hear this. I exchanged several emails with him, great guy to talk blades with. Sending out prayers for his soul. RIP Bruce.

Another one of the good guys has left... :( What's strangely funny in its own way, at least too me, is whether most anyone that joins the fine company here whether "good" or "Not so good" in the beginning and stays around for any length of time at all always ends up being "good" by the time they happen to have to retire or partially retire whichever the case may be... :)
Bruce was one of the "good" guys that taught us all how to be better than we were to begin with. Personally I don't think there is much higher praise for anyone than to be remembered as such!!! :thumbup:
May Grandfather guide you along your Star Journey Bruce and Rest In Peace!!!

I'm sorry to commit the cardinal sin of resurrecting an old thread, 6 months old now. I used to never be away for the forum more than a weekend, and now months go by. I was writing to JayGoliath last night and mentioned Bruce and he filled me in. I'm glad someone contacted Steve.

Almost exactly 1 year ago I had a long running correspondence with Bruce as he bought some knives. He asked that one of them be delivered to my old friend and fellow forumite Ben Sweet here in town as a B-day present in March. Bruce proudly showed me pictures of several of Ben's knives he had bought. (I'll wager there is more Montana Elk Antler in New South Wales than there is in some parts of Montana!)

Bruce followed up with a phone call and we spent a great hour talking about HI and kukris. Last I spoke to him was in May, and he said he was suffering from angina and was under Dr.'s orders to take it easy. I promised to keep in touch, but there always seemed to be something to do...

I've met so many great people here over the years, but as Yvsa said once someone has been here awhile they seem to become a "good guy" no matter what, and that certainly applied to Bruce Molin.

RIP Bruce.

Norm

Last edited:
I was very shocked when this happened, and still think of him fairly often, both in sadness and as inspiration. He was very helpful in introducing me to khukuris and HI on another forum, a few years back before I even knew the difference between a cho and a chirra. One of my biggest regrets in life so far is to not have had more conversations with him, both online and in real life, especially considering that I, being also based in Australia, probably had the best opportunity to do so.

This is his obituary posted in the local Australian newspaper, shared by his good friend on another forum. I did not even know half of the deeds he had done. Rest in peace Bruce.
Bruce.jpg

Norm and 7rip, thanks so much for the insight into Bruce. Most of us are relatively new and never got to know most of the old timers. Lots of really good people here. You can feel thier spirit a lot of the time. Take care and God bless.

That was a truly well accomplished, well rounded dude. That obituary was amazing, and a very good tribute to him, I feel like I know him, almost. May Bruce rest in peace, without suffering.... And Blu, poor Blu, without his beloved master, may he find someone truly worthwhile again.... Hard stuff, guys...I am depressed he is gone.
Peace.
David

You touched the hearts of many,
your presence still lingers in our souls,
its so hard to say goodbye,
why so early in life,
even though you are gone,
you'll never be forgotten,
You'll be missed by many,
it brings tears to my eyes,
that this is the final goodbye,
rest in peace,
may you live in peace for eternity.

From - We lay under the stars tonight

Last edited:
I don't stop by here very often anymore, so I just now saw this thread. Shared a few emails with him and he bought a FF off of me. VERY nice guy to correspond with. Be at peace Bruce. :(

Bob

Back