• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

Sounds legit to me too. I had no problem with Heath and everything went very smoothly, so hopefully this all gets taken care of for him and everyone affected.

He purchased a Spyderco Nirvana nearly 2 months ago from me and I just received a paypal dispute today. Seems like he said it was an authorization transaction with his bank. However, I looked at his profile and noticed a few users (@Bailey Knives and DNAIrradiator DNAIrradiator ) had the same problems I had with him just now. So it looks like he's going around disputing all his purchases. He uses the following email addresses: Please be aware of sending out any knives to this fella.

This was his signature line when we were corresponding by

Balls_tothe_Walls Balls_tothe_Walls

You jumped the gun here dude. Please take down his personal info in the interim. This is NOT ok

Last edited:
I had my credit card hacked/cloned once and used for PayPal transactions. I had to review all the charges and tell them which ones were fraud. Only the ones I identified as fraud were disputed, period.

Balls_tothe_Walls are you saying all the knife purchases here were legit and purchased by you? If the transactions on this forum were legit, I hope you clarify that fact ASAP.
Absolutely any and all done on here were performed and approved by me. I'm on the phone cleaning up and clearing all now.

I'm never active on here, I mostly just use reddit, but I talk to balls almost every day via text and reddit and I can definitely vouch for him that he's not scamming anyone. I'm sure it's a really shitty process having to go through and approve every transaction during multiple month periods, so just give him some time to go through the probably hundreds of transactions he has to approve. I also received emails about things being disputed, but I trust that they will get worked out just fine. He's a good dude who has always been more than fair when dealing with not only myself but with anyone that I've seen him deal with on reddit. It sounds like he's doing his best to get it resolved so just give him a little time to do that. And OP maybe think about taking his full contact info down, I get having his email address up but I don't see the point in fully doxxing the dude, especially when he's trying to get this fixed.

Balls_tothe_Walls Balls_tothe_Walls is a legit dude. It's happened to me in the past and happening now. Please do not be worried at all. He got it taken care of the last time and will do it this time. Be patient!! And blasting a dude before trying to work it out or you're able to talk with him is not cool! He's good! He also wouldn't be here speaking about it if he were trying to screw people over

Glad to see the subject here on top of things, will wait to see how it all shakes out. Honestly, though I appreciate the input of those friends of his from Reddit or wherever, the opinions of long-time participants who are well known here will go further in reassuring everyone he's a stand-up sort.

Glad to see the subject here on top of things, will wait to see how it all shakes out. Honestly, though I appreciate the input of those friends of his from Reddit or wherever, the opinions of long-time participants who are well known here will go further in reassuring everyone he's a stand-up sort.

That's understandable wanting people from here who have had this same issue step forward, as us new people who created an account just for this specific reason don't carry much weight here as we are "unknown" to everyone. But we are known on Reddit, so I'm hoping that holds some value to the people here I my self have done thousands of dollars worth of deals via Reddit so I've earned my trust there. Just asking people to give us a bit of trust here from our interactions on Reddit.

Absolutely any and all done on here were performed and approved by me. I'm on the phone cleaning up and clearing all now.

I guess it's kind of a good thing this happened to us before in the past, at least now you know what needs to be done and you're not trying to figure it out like that last time haha granted this one seems like more of a pain in the ass :(... but you got this ;)

We have had situations like this happen before, and he seems to be doing what he can to resolve the issue for those involved. For now if I were BTTW I would hold off on making more knife purchases until all is resolved and as a seller I would hold off on selling to BTTW. Let the dust settle then all can move on with confidence. Sounds like all will be fine in the end.

We have had situations like this happen before, and he seems to be doing what he can to resolve the issue for those involved. For now if I were BTTW I would hold off on making more knife purchases until all is resolved and as a seller I would hold off on selling to BTTW. Let the dust settle then all can move on with confidence. Sounds like all will be fine in the end.

I'm 100% in aggreeance with you. Let me clear my name first, with all this, and then if users wish to work out trades/sells/buys with me in the future, awesome. If not, I fully understand. I only ask for the chance to clear things up before receiving anymore threats/hate mail/etc., as I promise to all involved in this shit show, that I'm working through them one by one on the phone as I type this diligently and quickly.

That's understandable wanting people from here who have had this same issue step forward, as us new people who created an account just for this specific reason don't carry much weight here as we are "unknown" to everyone. But we are known on Reddit, so I'm hoping that holds some value to the people here I my self have done thousands of dollars worth of deals via Reddit so I've earned my trust there. Just asking people to give us a bit of trust here from our interactions on Reddit.

I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt. Trust on Reddit is not trust here, though. This community is less sales-based and more discussion- and longevity-based. People who are here only to buy and sell are frowned upon.

Well, I’m certainly glad my PayPal is completely locked down with this BS this time of year. Guess no more knives or gifts this year...

I'm 100% in aggreeance with you. Let me clear my name first, with all this, and then if users wish to work out trades/sells/buys with me in the future, awesome. If not, I fully understand. I only ask for the chance to clear things up before receiving anymore threats/hate mail/etc., as I promise to all involved in this shit show, that I'm working through them one by one on the phone as I type this diligently and quickly.

Much appreciated. As soon as the Paypal stuff is resolved I will work with a Mod to remove my negative feedback (pulled the trigger on that one too soon, my apolgoies).

I got the email last night from PayPal as well. I went back and looked at the transaction and have the conversations of us discussing the transaction and usps showing delivery. Waiting on PayPal to fix it because my PayPal shows negative balance because of this.

I had the same thing happen to me. I've dealt with Balls many times. He's a stand up guy and I have no concern. He's very very active in the knife community so there must be TONS of transactions to go through.
I'm up to 113 cases that I'm working one by one to approve, out of nearly 1,000. Thanks for the vote of confidence, as I'm working on everyone's one by one, as quickly as PayPal can move. Should come as no surprise that they are having a heavy influx of calls, so I can only go as fast as they allow me to. I've been on with three employees thus far since 8:00am, to be in the realms of their rules and procedures on agents and employee breaks they require.

I'm up to 113 cases that I'm working one by one to approve, out of nearly 1,000. Thanks for the vote of confidence, as I'm working on everyone's one by one, as quickly as PayPal can move. Should come as no surprise that they are having a heavy influx of calls, so I can only go as fast as they allow me to. I've been on with three employees thus far since 8:00am, to be in the realms of their rules and procedures on agents and employee breaks they require.
Thanks for working like a champ! I knew you be would! This situation just sucks to be in both shoes

Back