• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

IDK, something still doesn't make sense to me with this situation. I'm sure Balls can explain though...

If the fraudulent transactions occurred between July and October, why didn't it get reported to the credit card company until November?

Also, presumably when it was reported, Balls told them which transactions were fraudulent. If Balls was disputing specific transactions, why would the credit card company charge back all these legitimate transactons?

has everyone has theirs resolved? i just got fined an additional $20 by paypal. at this point i'm just trying to understand the status of mine. whether i need to wait or have balls look into it again

It's pee_e_in_eye_s

I got the same thing. I'm assuming he paid you f&f? I got the same message. I called PayPal to see what the fine was about.

They said, the bank actually fines $100, and they, PayPal, pays $80 of it. So the $20 is left to you. They also said that, since it was the bank, and balls approved the purchase with paypal, he must then approve it with the bank.

They also said banks take a while. Could take between 75-90 days. However, PayPal lady told me it's "typically around 30 days, but no guarantee". I'm assuming the people who had gotten their money back paid goods and services.

Still waiting for this to be resolved. I have now been charged two $20 fines as the others have mentioned bringing my PayPal balance to a whooping negative $640!! I do a lot of business through PayPal and this is incredibly infuriating. I can’t buy anything and I can’t sell anything.

I’d really appreciate an update from Balls.

I’m trying to inject some Xmas spirit into this but it just keeps looking like coal to me...

I was paid by G&S. Haven't been charged the fine, but also hasn't been resolved yet either.

This really seems more than a bit strange. It's hard to believe that it's all PayPal being incredibly inept and inconsiderate to everyone.

Title of this thread has been updated now. My issue with PP is still unresolved.

Though I don't have a dog in this fight (money in dispute) I have been reading with interest for my own future protection.

I thank you for accepting my suggestion and changing the thread title. I truly hope that this all gets resolved to everyone's benefit. Sucks to have to go through it.

Good luck.

Ray

Hopefully this will all work out for all. Based on some of the feedback i think balls deserves the benefit of the doubt for now. It won't take too long for everyone to know whether the situation is legit or not.

So people who attempted to defraud PayPal were fined 20 dollars when these transactions went sour? Sounds okay to me. Just another incentive to stop that nonsense.
The way they explained it to me, the banks fines PayPal $100. PayPal pays $80 of it, you pay $20.

So people who attempted to defraud PayPal were fined 20 dollars when these transactions went sour? Sounds okay to me. Just another incentive to stop that nonsense.
It does show one more benefit of G&S. Shouldn't the G&S PP sellers be protected from loss on PP approved transactions?

But I don't really understand why the bank is fining sellers. Even if they weren't authorized transactions by the credit card owner(which these were), how is the seller at fault. They aren't part of the fraud and would already be out their money(if there was credit card fraud).
I guess the answer is they are banks-sometimes only a slight step higher then the scammers :)

It does show one more benefit of G&S. Shouldn't the G&S PP sellers be protected from loss on PP approved transactions?

But I don't really understand why the bank is fining sellers. Even if they weren't authorized transactions by the credit card owner(which these were), how is the seller at fault. They aren't part of the fraud and would already be out their money(if there was credit card fraud).
I guess the answer is they are banks-sometimes only a slight step higher then the scammers :)
You're right, doesn't make sense. This info was also coming from a PayPal customer service representative where English was not her native.You could call right now and probably get a different answer. So who really knows...

Well that’s reassuring, isn’t it??
Ugh

You're right, doesn't make sense. This info was also coming from a PayPal customer service representative where English was not her native.You could call right now and probably get a different answer. So who really knows...

I’d appreciate an update from Balls. He’s been curiously quiet the last few days.

I’m going to ignore folks that somehow think myself and the other sellers that Balls bought from are somehow “scammers.” Maybe you should read this thread fully (and perhaps look at our feedback stats) before making comments. I’m in for double the money because Balls paid for my one knife twice, the second payment I immediately refunded. However I get the fun of being dinged for both transactions, and now two of these mystery fines. Again, not sure how this is any of our fault.

I guess I’ll ask one more time: can we please get an update Balls??

I’d appreciate an update from Balls. He’s been curiously quiet the last few days.

I’m going to ignore folks that somehow think myself and the other sellers that Balls bought from are somehow “scammers.” Maybe you should read this thread fully (and perhaps look at our feedback stats) before making comments. I’m in for double the money because Balls paid for my one knife twice, the second payment I immediately refunded. However I get the fun of being dinged for both transactions, and now two of these mystery fines. Again, not sure how this is any of our fault.

I would also appreciate an update. I asked for Balls to contact me a couple of days ago (I need some information from him to fully contest the claim on PayPal) and he hasn’t yet reached out. @Balls_tothe_Walls, we’d all appreciate an update. Thanks

Not sure who you think is calling the sellers scammers. It is obvious that you unintentional being drawn into a separate problem of BTTW's. Hopefully his lack of participation on the thread is due to him being busy trying to clear up the problem.
Best of luck to all-hope it gets fixed soon for you.

Hope no one took anything I said about the ones affected being scammers.
That was the LAST thing I was thinking.
Sorry if my statements weren’t clear guys. I’m still hoping no one is responsible and it gets cleared up for all soon.
Joe

Back