• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

Is this him? If so the wife and kids are gone now. It is the same town as Aaron gave.
Heath Helton is 27 years old and was born on 03/21/1990. Currently, he lives in Corinth, TX; and previously lived in gainesville, TX. Sometimes Heath goes by various nicknames including Heath Allen Helton, Heath A Helton, Heaath Allen Helton. He currently works as a Principal at Life community church north . His ethnicity is Caucasian, and religious views are listed as Christian. Heath is now Single . Other family members and associates include Ashlee Helton, Eliena Helton, Tina Helton, Jeffery Helton and Trista Helton.
If that’s him, then he really needs to pray more, and stop acting like a scamming drug addict.

What puzzles me is how some of the very people that he shafted are actually sticking up for him. I hate to see anyone get taken by this clown. I even felt bad for them because they so wanted to believe his lies. But now at this point I don't feel bad (that they are clinging to his lies) - they have had time to see all his BS, been given facts, and advice - yet they still want to think and hope he is legit. How people can be so; well, stupid is beyond me. This Helton guy will probably make a few people whole - so they can tell people what he did for them. That gives him some mojo to continue to do deals and more time to continue his scam.
Talk about being taken for a ride - manipulated by the scammer and actually helping him continue to prey on others. I hate to say it, but this Helton guy may not have been the best burger flipper at sonic, but he is smart enough and good enough to steal from people and they say thank you. crazy

Hopefully his scams will finally play out soon and then he does move on from the knife community.

My brother and I have both had our our cards hacked before. Aside from the initial shock of “what happened to my money?” It was totally painless. Reviewed transactions with the bank, they ditched the fraud ones, kept the good ones, and sent me a new card the next day. Every legit purchase was paid just as it should be, and they dealt with the fraud charges. Done deal.

His story is clearly bullshit. He claimed fraud, got the money, spent the money, and now he’s screwed. He can’t reverse anything with the bank because then he has to admit that it’s him who is guilty of fraud and theft. He probably thought the victims wouldn’t find each other, and he would be safe and sound. Instead the internet allowed everyone to find each other, and to find him and now he’s in panic mode. If this was me and I was innocent, I would be scrambling to post proof from the bank that they won’t release the funds they are holding to pay people back. That kind of thing isn’t verbal, there would be letters and documentation of what’s going on, which should be easy for him to prove. But it looks like he can’t prove it because that isn’t what is going on. Banks Are federally regulated and very tightly run, they can’t just “screw you over” and take your money and hold it for no reason for months on end.

Exactly how it went for me. Couple of days later I got mail from the bank explaining everything and asking if I had any questions.
He’s a full of shit thief. Guess the wife got wise to him and jumped ship.

Is this him? If so the wife and kids are gone now. It is the same town as Aaron gave.
Heath Helton is 27 years old and was born on 03/21/1990. Currently, he lives in Corinth, TX; and previously lived in gainesville, TX. Sometimes Heath goes by various nicknames including Heath Allen Helton, Heath A Helton, Heaath Allen Helton. He currently works as a Principal at Life community church north . His ethnicity is Caucasian, and religious views are listed as Christian. Heath is now Single . Other family members and associates include Ashlee Helton, Eliena Helton, Tina Helton, Jeffery Helton and Trista Helton.

Wow, if that is him then this whole thing continues to get even more interesting.

The Life Community Church ministry was started by a Hal Helton in Texas. If the Helton family, is trying to help Heath get out of a bad situation, by giving him a house to live in, and a job as Principal at the church, they may literally be putting a “wolf in sheeps clothing”, within their Christian ministry.

Last edited:
Sounds like the separation was coming and the chargebacks were a great way to get a ton of money back after being irresponsible and blowing it all on knives. Now he can eventually raffle or sell the knives off to further stay afloat. Could have also been done to put a block on his accounts so that wifey couldn’t drain them lol.

It’s all speculation of course but it does seem to fit in the mix of things and explains why the bank froze his funds (if that really happened).

Sounds like the separation was coming and the chargebacks were a great way to get a ton of money back after being irresponsible and blowing it all on knives. Now he can eventually raffle or sell the knives off to further stay afloat. Could have also been done to put a block on his accounts so that wifey couldn’t drain them lol.

It’s all speculation of course but it does seem to fit in the mix of things and explains why the bank froze his funds (if that really happened).

This is good speculation. I’ve also been thinking along similar lines, and about this whole fiasco starting out as a way to walk away from debt. Now, that debt may include child support and alimony. He may have just decided to make a big friggin financial mess, mostly to spite the ex, and avoid responsibility.

Becoming a Church Principal, is probably a non taxable position. If he doesn’t have to declare anything, it may become impossible for creditors or an ex wife to seize his assets, all being protected as church ⛪ property. Great move for a con man.

Anyone can Google Hal and the church. Suggest some of the victims reach out to pastor Hal and advise what his brother has done. If he is a man of God and ex-cop, then he should at the very least have a hard conversation with old Heath. Additionally, I am sure the congregation there would not like the idea of having a thief on staff.

Other options would be to find out if the church has an affiliation with an organization and reach out to their district director (or something similar). I can assure you they would look into it. If Hal does nothing, you can reach out to other staff members or church deacons. This all would create serious issues for old liar Heath.

Last edited:
John 10:1 might be a good verse for pastor Hal to review, and how it may also pertain to Heath.

The whole deal reeks. Doesn’t make any sense that a bank or card company would reverse any and all charges without confirming and investigating the claims. They may put temporary processing holds on some, but they would eventually be sorted out.

The card companies make money on interest rates, sure, but they also make big money off merchants paying their processing fees. Percentages in order to accept transactions such as visa, MasterCard, Amex....on each transaction. Last thing they would want would be to have stores dropping their Payment methods because of fear they would have transactions reversed without the buyer having disputed it.

A.) Somebody isn’t telling the card company they were legit purchases
B.) somebody used another person’s (wife, family member) card and is letting that person believe they are not legit purchases
C.) somebody figured calling in fraudulent purchases in order to get a whole bunch of money back, with the intent to do so from the beginning.

Card companies/banks don’t start reversing charges without you telling them to do so. It’s their potential interest earnings.

The giveaway that he's nothing more than a thief was when he claimed his bank took all his money.

That gave him credibility with the folks who think that there are forces at work that are constantly trying to steal from them but fail to realize that it's the con man who's doing the actual stealing.

It's a very common tactic that's been used in con games forever.

Similar to the "appeal to authority" technique used in debates but of course it's a reversal of the roles.

Just a wild shot in the dark, maybe it really wasn't his fault, and he banked with Western Union..... But seriously though, How did this guy think that the internet couldn't follow him? Its not like we just send scooby doo and and mystery gang after him. One only hopes that those who did take legal action are able to see it through, and that it catches up with him

been following this thread for a while. members who come with information or updates are attacked and some even accused as being part of the scam.

but, i'm noticing a trend now. people here that are actually owed money or a knife seem to be receptive of the new information and acting civil. All of the hostility seems to be coming from people who are just here to join the lynch mob with no skin in the game. mostly speculations on his motives, insults, conspiracy theories etc.

meanwhile Jake, and others who actually are owed money, seem to have been in contact with him recently and are making some progress

Last edited:
been following this thread for a while. members who come with information or updates are attacked and some even accused as being part of the scam.

but, i'm noticing a trend now. people here that are actually owed money or a knife seem to be receptive of the new information and acting civil. All of the hostility seems to be coming from people who are just here to join the lynch mob with no skin in the game. mostly speculations on his motives, insults, conspiracy theories etc.

meanwhile Jake, and others who actually are owed money, seem to have been in contact with him recently and are making some progress

While you are correct, the reason would be different motives. Those without skin in the game are talking right and wrong(feasible and Un-Feasible explanations) and preserving the integrity of the forum. They are trying to save others from loosing money and are offended by theft. Those with skin in the game want their money 1st off. When you are trying to get something (even owed and deserved) it works better to go the polite root-they have nothing to loose, but time. They have already lost their money.
But pay people back or not, he wronged them

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I work for a major bank. I submit fraud claims daily and I can tell you as a matter of fact that this story is not accurate. Perhaps he uses a different bank, that is a possibility. However, I can tell you that when a Customer calls with fraud on their account, we click the actual transaction and it populates a list of items that extends back nearly two years. Every item has a check box near it. We then go and manually click every check box the customer points to as fraud. From that point banks have 10 days to either resolve the claim completely or issue provisional credit so they can research the issue more. 99% of the time the claim is resolved within a couple of days. If for some reason it needs to extend beyond that 10 business day timeframe, the customer would be given temporary credit until the claim is resolved. The longest amount of time that my bank allows for a claim resolution is 45 business days. The 10 business day timeframe for resolution or provisional credit is non-negotiable. It’s the law. I read his post and immediately knew it was either bogus or the banker he worked with did a terrible job.

Back