• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

I was neutral on Heath. I initially gave my update on this thread, and people started calling me naive, stupid, etc, for believing he'd do what he promised. So far, he's done the first of the two things he said he would. Given semi-positive experiences with Heath, and completely negative experiences with the respondents on this thread (not everyone, of course), I hope you can see why I have tried to be a devil's advocate of sorts. I do sympathize; there is definitely a lot of pain and anger surrounding Helton, I myself have lost money. But I hope you guys can see where I'm coming from.

Not really, the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming. With everything else this guy is doing on other sites, it appears he's just throwing the dog a bone. It appears that the people that have bought/traded with him more than once are the ones he's reached out to and the rest he's ignored. Maybe he's betting those people will defend him, play the devil's advocate to help his cause.
You know, I've sold/traded knives, I've got records with everyone I've done business with, either through PayPal, copies of shipping labels or through emails/texts. Where the circumstances are not good in this guy's favor is why hasn't he reached out to everyone to give them some ray of hope that sooner or later they'll be made right ? Why did he go dark here and stop communicating even though he was banned ? I believe and I may be wrong, he was still actively trying to buy/sell/trade knives while this thread was unresolved and his actions got him banned.
He admitted that his card had been hacked several months before this thread was started. How did it happen a second time??????

I think after 30 pages and 582 posts people either get it or they aren't going to get it. At this point anyone that wants to believe in Heath does so at their own risk. They have been warned.

Guess you’re right Peter.......you can lead a horse to water.......
I’m done.

I understand that this is a sensitive matter, but people seem to think there's not even the slightest possibility that Heath's previous bank is screwing him over.

The banking industry in the United States of America is HIGHLY regulated by both Federal and State agencies that are EXTREMELY protective of the consumer. If he has not pursued reportong this to those agencies, he should.

Also, the sellers that had their money taken back from them by the bank are victims. Providing them with the name of the bank would be of assistance to them.

I Want to Believe!
The Heath Helton Files: Three distinct possible psychological profiles.

1, Loving family man and victim of foul play, at the hands of professional credit card hackers. Now he is diligently trying to restore his good name, and make whole again, all of those who became part of the collateral damage, and suffered monetary losses.
2, Secret US government agent, whose sole purpose is to exert mind control, and sleigh of hand, on unsuspecting knife enthusiasts stateside and internationally. This may be part of an ongoing effort to infiltrate our world wide knife community.
3, Strung out drama queen, white trash meth head, orchestrating an elaborate folding knife ponzi scheme, that only he truly understands.

I believe that the truth is out there. Perhaps one day we will discover what it is. In the meantime, let’s hold out hope for profile number one, because profile number two is way too frightening to even consider.

I Want to Believe!
The Heath Helton Files: Three distinct possible psychological profiles.

1, Loving family man and victim of foul play, at the hands of professional credit card hackers. Now he is diligently trying to restore his good name, and make whole again, all of those who became part of the collateral damage, and suffered monetary losses.
2, Secret US government agent, whose sole purpose is to exert mind control, and sleigh of hand, on unsuspecting knife enthusiasts stateside and internationally. This may be part of an ongoing effort to infiltrate our world wide knife community.
3, Strung out drama queen, white trash meth head, orchestrating an elaborate folding knife ponzi scheme, that only he truly understands.

I believe that the truth is out there. Perhaps one day we will discover what it is. In the meantime, let’s hold out hope for profile number one, because profile number two is way too frightening to even consider.
The kicker to scenario #1 is that after he was the victim of professional credit card hackers, the bank then "screwed him over". That's right he was the victim, not once but twice.

No dog in the fight here, but just wanted to add...

I’ve had my credit card information stolen. This was years ago, but the bank asked me what charges were correct and what charges were fraudulent then did whatever investigation they had to do in order to confirm and charges were reversed accordingly. Some, were PayPal related.

It was really pretty simple...was afforded the opportunity to review all the charges from the billing statement, confirm or protest.

No dog in the fight here, but just wanted to add...

I’ve had my credit card information stolen. This was years ago, but the bank asked me what charges were correct and what charges were fraudulent then did whatever investigation they had to do in order to confirm and charges were reversed accordingly. Some, were PayPal related.

It was really pretty simple...was afforded the opportunity to review all the charges from the billing statement, confirm or protest.

Same here. My bank called me questioning a couple charges on a debit card.
They cancelled those charges and straightened everything out in a day. Cancelled the card and issues a new one. All in the same day.

Same here. My bank called me questioning a couple charges on a debit card.
They cancelled those charges and straightened everything out in a day. Cancelled the card and issues a new one. All in the same day.
Same here, card was cancelled and issued a new one. Fraudulent transactions stop, immediately. They don’t continue on for months and months and months.. :rolleyes:

Same here, card was cancelled and issued a new one. Fraudulent transactions stop, immediately. They don’t continue on for months and months and months.. :rolleyes:

They don’t ‘hold’ your money either. They just stopped that shit immediately.

They don’t ‘hold’ your money either. They just stopped that shit immediately.

My brother and I have both had our our cards hacked before. Aside from the initial shock of “what happened to my money?” It was totally painless. Reviewed transactions with the bank, they ditched the fraud ones, kept the good ones, and sent me a new card the next day. Every legit purchase was paid just as it should be, and they dealt with the fraud charges. Done deal.

His story is clearly bullshit. He claimed fraud, got the money, spent the money, and now he’s screwed. He can’t reverse anything with the bank because then he has to admit that it’s him who is guilty of fraud and theft. He probably thought the victims wouldn’t find each other, and he would be safe and sound. Instead the internet allowed everyone to find each other, and to find him and now he’s in panic mode. If this was me and I was innocent, I would be scrambling to post proof from the bank that they won’t release the funds they are holding to pay people back. That kind of thing isn’t verbal, there would be letters and documentation of what’s going on, which should be easy for him to prove. But it looks like he can’t prove it because that isn’t what is going on. Banks Are federally regulated and very tightly run, they can’t just “screw you over” and take your money and hold it for no reason for months on end.

My brother and I have both had our our cards hacked before. Aside from the initial shock of “what happened to my money?” It was totally painless. Reviewed transactions with the bank, they ditched the fraud ones, kept the good ones, and sent me a new card the next day. Every legit purchase was paid just as it should be, and they dealt with the fraud charges. Done deal.

His story is clearly bullshit. He claimed fraud, got the money, spent the money, and now he’s screwed. He can’t reverse anything with the bank because then he has to admit that it’s him who is guilty of fraud and theft. He probably thought the victims wouldn’t find each other, and he would be safe and sound. Instead the internet allowed everyone to find each other, and to find him and now he’s in panic mode. If this was me and I was innocent, I would be scrambling to post proof from the bank that they won’t release the funds they are holding to pay people back. That kind of thing isn’t verbal, there would be letters and documentation of what’s going on, which should be easy for him to prove. But it looks like he can’t prove it because that isn’t what is going on. Banks Are federally regulated and very tightly run, they can’t just “screw you over” and take your money and hold it for no reason for months on end.

Same here. I get some fraudulent charges on occasion, since I travel a lot, but very easy to fix with the bank. Now I tape over, and black out the three digit security code, in case I have to hand the card over for someone to process. This way they can’t shop the internet, with my card. I just note the code somewhere else, to help remember. Nobody has ever refused my card with the code blacked out.

Same here. I get some fraudulent charges on occasion, since I travel a lot, but very easy to fix with the bank. Now I tape over, and black out the three digit security code, in case I have to hand the card over for someone to process. This way they can’t shop the internet, with my card. I just note the code somewhere else, to help remember. Nobody has ever refused my card with the code blacked out.
Note to others. The code on back of the card is only needed by merchants when they process a transaction when the card is not present (ie. online, phone orders). It is used to prove the customer actually has the card (not just the card number) when the credit authorization request is processed with Visa/MasterCard. When you use the card at a brick and mortar merchant, that code is captured when they swipe the card (it is encoded on the magnetic black stripe on back of the card).

This is what I have said all along. Helton screwed all these people on purpose. Every bank gets with their customer and asks them what is good and what charges are fraud. Bank lets the good ones go through and then disputes the others. They don't take his money or hold it. In fact if it is a credit card - he never actually would have had to give them money until he went and paid the bill. This lying piece of dog doo still has all his money and every one's knives. Which it would appear that he is now selling to make money. It's just a big scam, and he is a thief.

It’s actually Visa/MasterCard that manages the whole process, that is their business. The same procedure is used for everyone, it’s not arbitrary by bank. Anyone that states “his bank screwed him” is lying for him or is being lied to by him.

This is what I have said all along. Helton screwed all these people on purpose. Every bank gets with their customer and asks them what is good and what charges are fraud. Bank lets the good ones go through and then disputes the others. They don't take his money or hold it. In fact if it is a credit card - he never actually would have had to give them money until he went and paid the bill. This lying piece of dog doo still has all his money and every one's knives. Which it would appear that he is now selling to make money. It's just a big scam, and he is a thief.
Perhaps after a few more hits on the Crack pipe, he will think of a new scam, and leave the knife community alone for awhile.

Is this him? If so the wife and kids are gone now. It is the same town as Aaron gave.
Heath Helton is 27 years old and was born on 03/21/1990. Currently, he lives in Corinth, TX; and previously lived in gainesville, TX. Sometimes Heath goes by various nicknames including Heath Allen Helton, Heath A Helton, Heaath Allen Helton. He currently works as a Principal at Life community church north . His ethnicity is Caucasian, and religious views are listed as Christian. Heath is now Single . Other family members and associates include Ashlee Helton, Eliena Helton, Tina Helton, Jeffery Helton and Trista Helton.

Back