• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

I’m really not sure where to go from here. I suggest everyone involved send an email to the Eudora KS Chief of Police Wes Lovett (wlovett@cityofeudoraks.gov) to give him your details. I’d say calling Sonic would be in order but from reading their online reviews, it seems like they might not even care...

1KB0lHe.jpg

If any BF member knows what the group of us still out large sums of money can do to take care of this once and for all, please let us know! :)

I would continue to work on getting this resolved through PP and or possibly the credit card company. That is where the money is, and he has admitted that the charges were his. Law enforcement may charge him, but likely won't get you your money.

I feel bad for all of you involved and I certainly don't think he has done all he can(if it isn't a total scam, which it likely is), since he hasn't even given a report to the thread on what problems he is encountering.

While he may be one of Sonic Drive-in’s finest, he still isn’t smart enough to settle up quickly with the few members here, that are left holding the bag.
It would be an easy thing for him to do; contact them and make it right. Then he could clear his name, and stay on as a member of the best knife enthusiast forum on the internet.
I’m just not seeing the sincerity in this guy. Words are meaningless, without one following through with action.

I don't see why his father needs to be injected into this... this is between BTTW and the BF community.

Well when you apply for credit one of the things they ask you for is names of relatives. I don't think an explanation is necessary as to why.

I'm shocked to see that only after malfeasance is discovered yet another upstanding person is having issues with communication.

I'm guessing the next step will be " I'm having computer issues bro..."

Talk about a nose dive into the sewer. I thought there was a legitimate issue and reason for all of this. Now it’s looking like it was just fluff...

@Balls_tothe_Walls, if you don’t want to respond to the people directly related or the mods, explain to the onlookers what the hell is going on now since your last “explanation”.

Glad to hear this ^. I'm a bit embarrassed that I was the guy to encourage the softening of the thread title. This all started out seeming like a tragedy of errors and now has proven to be a broken & tragic personality - yet another scammer in our midst. :mad: :confused: :mad:

My best wishes to all of you having to deal with the aftermath. I truly hope you all can be made whole again in the refund process. This guys is all wall and obviously no balls.

Good luck.

Ray

Incidents like this is making it harder and harder for people to be optimistic about new members. Especially those that have more posts in the selling/trading forums than in the discussion forums.
This type of crap is becoming all too familiar. I hope the folks affected can be made whole again.

Hate to see it all come to this for the folks this guy stuck. After a few members came to his defense I was hoping this would get worked out. I would like to think that PayPal will figure out this guy stinks at some point. Dang, seems like this kind of stuff just keeps getting worse.

It’s really to the point these days, that you can’t sell to the first “I’ll take it”, without stopping to do research on the person. I guess that I was just lucky, selling so many knives here, without a single issue. Now I’m much more skeptical.

Incidents like this is making it harder and harder for people to be optimistic about new members. Especially those that have more posts in the selling/trading forums than in the discussion forums.
This type of crap is becoming all too familiar. I hope the folks affected can be made whole again.

I said it in another thread new people with only post is the forsale sections of this forum need to be delt with with caution. This type of behavior is becoming all to common lately. I don’t think it would be a bad idea to make a filter that won’t let you sell until you have say a 100 forum posts that show you contributing to the forms in other sections. That would weed out a lot of these people that only come here to scam only a few months after joining.

I said it in another thread new people with only post is the forsale sections of this forum need to be delt with with caution. This type of behavior is becoming all to common lately. I don’t think it would be a bad idea to make a filter that won’t let you sell until you have say a 100 forum posts that show you contributing to the forms in other sections. That would weed out a lot of these people that only come here to scam only a few months after joining.
they did that at an hk forum site. all folks did was post nonsense that ruined threads like "nice gun," looks good" "cool," etc until they hit the post count and then dumped their hk stuff on the sale forum. point is...... didnt work there wont work here.

they did that at an hk forum site. all folks did was post nonsense that ruined threads like "nice gun," looks good" "cool," etc until they hit the post count and then dumped their hk stuff on the sale forum. point is...... didnt work there wont work here.
Might have to include that they need to have received x number of "likes" and some other criteria also.

Might have to include that they need to have received x number of "likes" and some other criteria also.

That's probably more of a futile metric than post count.
That would mean your ability to posts sales is completely dependent on other people. Also, while likes are neat feature on the new forums, they don't really hold merit to anything besides that one individual post. For example, I have roughly 500 posts with 772 likes since that feature has been implemented. On the surface that might look impressive and might make seem me knowledgeable and trustworthy, yet the majority of them were received in the non-knife, off topic forums posting shenanigans. Similar to what jbmonkey said , you would probably have people getting others to join to only boost their likes.

I think a pay to play wall works fairly decent, but no matter what system is implemented you will always have vile people who's only goal is to prey on others.

Interesting topic and the other potential criteria is surely worth exploring. :thumbsup:
(Perhaps in a separate thread.)

Right on it was just a thought but I can see where it wouldn’t work.

Back