• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bark River has taken $16,000 of My Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the moral of the story is "don't pay if you don't have the means to sell the items you're buying and expect your money back after it's been used to buy the material to make the items you can't sell because you don't have the means and the maker is covering his ass and doesn't want to get left holding the bag and then you get pissed even after you were told numerous times that when the knives are completed and sold you'll have a check".

Ken, is it you that JTR357 was speaking of?

All I can say,since they don't want their name mentioned,is that they are a highly respected forumite here & they are a moderator,so they have to stay unbiased in these situations.The party I talked to has personal experience with Mike Stewart & I would take their word over all others regarding this matter.

Thanks,
John

Regards,
3G

I'm just curious, Ken how many free Barfies have you received?

There are people asking legitimate questions in this thread. This isn't one of them. I didn't see what EB was talking about at first but you've illustrated his point wonderfully.

For the record, I don't think I could be convinced that Mike Stewart acted properly regardless of whatever legitimate issues he has with Snarlslayer.

Nothing in that statement justifies what Stewart did.

Do you know more than what I know about the situation or are you basing your judgement on hearsay and your buddies on the Bark River Hate Wagon?

Stop basing what you think you know on how little you actually do know about what did or did not take place between Mike and Steve because it's obvious you don't know squat.

It's funny how when topics like this pop up everyone comes out of the woodwork to jump on in when they have no stake in the game. Amazing. :rolleyes:

Don't blame anyone for being fooled. That's what con men do, and they do it well. The ability to look you in the eye and convince you he's honest is the talent he needs for that profession. Without that he'd have to go into some other trade, armed robbery or whatever....

I'm just curious, Ken how many free Barfies have you received?

Aside from winning a knife in a raffle not one. And to insinuate that I have is completely out of line. I pay just like anyone else.

Do you know more than what I know about the situation or are you basing your judgement on hearsay and your buddies on the Bark River Hate Wagon?

Stop basing what you think you know on how little you actually do know about what did or did not take place between Mike and Steve because it's obvious you don't know squat.

It's funny how when topics like this pop up everyone comes out of the woodwork to jump on in when they have no stake in the game. Amazing. :rolleyes:
That's why I stated it exactly as I did. Nothing in what you posted says that Stewart had any justification whatsoever. You provided no additional information on the subject. If I don't know squat, it's because you haven't told me.

If I don't know squat, it's because you haven't told me.

And months from now when this all blows over maybe I will tell you. Heck, maybe Mike will tell you if you call and ask him.

There are people asking legitimate questions in this thread. This isn't one of them. I didn't see what EB was talking about at first but you've illustrated his point wonderfully.

For the record, I don't think I could be convinced that Mike Stewart acted properly regardless of whatever legitimate issues he has with Snarlslayer.

Its so legitimate. dont be foolish. it goes toward bias. but Ken has already said none.

Aside from winning a knife in a raffle not one. And to insinuate that I have is completely out of line. I pay just like anyone else.

Ken that is why I asked. I did not want to imply you had because I don't know either way.

I have read this thread post for post and now I feel that I need to speak up.

I have met Mike Stewart. I have sat across a table from him and looked that man straight in the eyes while having some pretty interesting conversations regarding the knife business and all of the BS that goes with it. I am a very good judge of character.

I consider myself a good judge of character as well. I've met Mike Stewart. I've sat across the table from him. And I came to an entirely different point of view than you did.

I don't think your subjective opinion is better than mine. And mine is surely not better than yours. But there are undisputed facts in this case and you'd have to be blind not to give them creedence. How some people can ignore these baffles me. And then of course, there's the statements of some of the most respected people in the world of knives who have stated explicity that they were ripped off by Mike Stewart. Do we ignore that as well based on your superior skills at judging character? Sorry, but you have not convinced me. Your argument is subjective and far from compelling.

Sorry, but you have not convinced me. Your argument is subjective and far from compelling.

As I stated earlier it was not my intention to change anyones mind. It's my personal opinion on the matter and the man in question.

"I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul..."

I don't think your subjective opinion is better than mine. And mine is surely not better than yours. But there are undisputed facts in this case and you'd have to be blind not to give them creedence. How some people can ignore these baffles me. And then of course, there's the statements of some of the most respected people in the world of knives who have stated explicity that they were ripped off by Mike Stewart. Do we ignore that as well based on your superior skills at judging character? Sorry, but you have not convinced me. Your argument is subjective and far from compelling.

+1! And he accused another member of basing his judgement on "hearsay,"

yet fails to realize that if we are to accept his opinion on the matter as fact, we would be doing the exact same thing he accused the other member of.

Regards,
3G

Its so legitimate. dont be foolish. it goes toward bias. but Ken has already said none.

It goes toward nothing. What it does is all but accuse a respected member of this community of being biased, and biased based upon bribery at that.

He has an opinion, you have a different one. That does not in any way make him a shill and that is exactly what your "question" was insinuating.

I like the fact that this discussion was allowed to run it's course. We had a BF member who felt that he had been cheated on a business deal. He put his case out on "FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" and generated a lot of discussion. Some of the ensuing posts were more rational than others, but, in the end, justice was done. BF should be proud of having provided a mechanism by which the little guy actually can, and has, won his case over a more established or powerful opponent. Yes, some of the discussion was "ugly", but look again at the name of the sub-forum where these events transpired.

I still like Bark Rivers and will continue to add new blades that appeal to me to my collection. And I'm sure SS, who never sought retribution, would not disapprove.

As I stated earlier it was not my intention to change anyones mind. It's my personal opinion on the matter and the man in question.

You sermonize against the folks on the "anti Mike Stewart" bandwagon, then stand back and pretend to be neutral. Mike Stewart clearly has you in his pocket. People "come out of the woodwork" on Mike Stewart threads because he has screwed over so many people.

Since you choose to stand by felon Mike, I'd say your opinion is worth less than most.

+1! And he accused another member of basing his judgement on "hearsay,"

yet fails to realize that if we are to accept his opinion on the matter as fact, we would be doing the exact same thing he accused the other member of.

Regards,
3G

Please tell when I expected anyone to take what I said as fact. Like I said earlier, my statement was not written to change anyones mind but for them to think for themselves. Not once did I ask anyone to take what I wrote as gospel. You can take it at face value, disregard it, or poke holes in it with a stick. It really doesn't matter to me one way or the other. People have their minds made up and I am not going to change that no matter what I say or what evidence to the contrary is presented now or at a later date.

Since you choose to stand by felon Mike, I'd say your opinion is worth less than most.

Then what you're saying is that anyone who owns a Bark River knife has a worthless opinion as well?

Believe what you want but I am in no ones pocket. If you think my opinion is worthless then so be it.

Last edited:
It goes toward nothing. What it does is all but accuse a respected member of this community of being biased, and biased based upon bribery at that.

He has an opinion, you have a different one. That does not in any way make him a shill and that is exactly what your "question" was insinuating.

not a shill, just guilty of sticking up for a friend that he shouldnt stick up for.

I know what happened between Steve and Mike. I know what's truth and what is fiction and I will go now further because it will not change my mind as to what knife company I will or will not buy from and I'm not out to change yours.

Ken: I have a question. Did you look at the documentation that I had to substantiate my story? If so, where did you get it from? I certainly don't remember e-mailing it to you, but perhaps I did?

Did I e-mail you the documentation? Did someone else?

Steven Youell

Ken, let me start off by saying that I have always respected your online persona.
I also agree that we do not need a dog-pile.

However, you are inferring that bladeandbarrel, Bobby Branton, and various others including myself are without the ability to judge character.
We have all heard about Bin Laden....but never met him...does that mean we are unable to judge his character?

You talk about what a nice fellow MS is.
Have you read the thread on his forum?
Do you condone the way SS was treated in that thread?
Would a nice, honest upstanding business man act the way he has?

Do you honestly believe that all the reputable makers and businessmen quoted in this thread are all incapable of judging character and are basically wrong in their conclusions?
If you felt so strongly about things why come into the fray at the end, unless you want to minimize the damage MS has caused himself.

Your portrayal of the events that led to SS complaining is questionable.
I think the moral of the story is "don't pay if you don't have the means to sell the items you're buying and expect your money back after it's been used to buy the material to make the items you can't sell because you don't have the means and the maker is covering his ass and doesn't want to get left holding the bag and then you get pissed even after you were told numerous times that when the knives are completed and sold you'll have a check".

I for one, have lost all respect for MS.
Having said that I respect your right to have a different view.
Dirk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back