• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bark River has taken $16,000 of My Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still like Bark Rivers and will continue to add new blades that appeal to me to my collection. And I'm sure SS, who never sought retribution, would not disapprove.

You would be correct. I have always found Bark River to make an excellent product.

Steven Youell

I think the moral of the story is "don't pay if you don't have the means to sell the items you're buying and expect your money back after it's been used to buy the material to make the items you can't sell because you don't have the means and the maker is covering his ass and doesn't want to get left holding the bag and then you get pissed even after you were told numerous times that when the knives are completed and sold you'll have a check".

Ken,

Now I'm a bit pissed off. Please tell me the following:

How much money do I make a year?
How much money do I have in the bank?
What type of college degree do I have?
What type of marketing experience do I have?
What is my work history?
What is on my resume?
Do I have any Sales Experience?
Do I have any Internet Marketing Experience?

Do you know the answers to those questions? No?
Then how the fuck would you know ANYTHING about whether I could have sold those knives and how the fuck would you know anything about my "means"?!?

And since it's now obvious that you don't know anything about me other than what Mike Stewart told you, I'd suggest you shut the fuck up. Because now, it's been demonstrated that you are a total fucking hypocrite. Talking crap about people you've never met and using it to condemn others for doing the same thing.

Then what you're saying is that anyone who owns a Bark River knife has a worthless opinion as well?

Owning a knife doesn't mean you endorse the gutter morals of the man behind the company. Only a blind idiot would stand by Stewart.

I think those duped by Mike Stewart should adopt a new sig line... "Pocket Mike". Ken, you can be "Pocket Mike #1".. you've earned it.

what?

did you read the thread?

*they had a contract
*SS paid the manufacturer for said contract
*BRKT promised delivery
*delivery date missed
*delivery date missed
*months later no knives & manufacturer states "refund on his terms"

wtf?

worst business deal in history

once the manufacturer is paid ......why would he give a rat's behind what the distributor does w/ said product?
he has been paid

what if he put them in his safe & saved them?

DOT

who cares what the distributor does w/ the knives ONCE THEY ARE PAID FOR?

And since it's now obvious that you don't know anything about me other than what Mike Stewart told you, I'd suggest you shut the fuck up. Because now, it's been demonstrated that you are a total fucking hypocrite. Talking crap about people you've never met and using it to condemn others for doing the same thing.

Meltdown?

We're all entitled to our opinions, to believe whom we choose to believe, to support our friends ... until we disagree with someone, then they get to go ballistic on us, is that the way it goes?

Charming.

My Clip Point Skinner looks AMAZINGLY like blank MX56 in the Sheffield's catalog. Slap some G10 on, grind a smidgen off the handle..... Still hoping otherwise.

Meltdown?

We're all entitled to our opinions, to believe whom we choose to believe, to support our friends ... until we disagree with someone, then they get to go ballistic on us, is that the way it goes?

Charming.

Esav, you are "Pocket Mike #2". Atta boy.

The trouble is you and Ken make heavy-handed comments, then pretend to be neutral and above it all. Thanks for proving that BF moderators can be duped just like anyone else.

Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions. How we form those opinions is indicative of our intelligence. Here is a man who formed an opinion about me, made statements about my financial position when he absolutely has no personal or factual data regarding my finances.

Not only that, he USES that opinion to condemn others of doing EXACTLY what he's doing. That, my friend is hypocrisy of the highest order. He doesn't know my background, education, finances or experience. Yet, he has an opinion on my abilities.

Now if you'll recall, Mr. Moderator-- I came out several times on this thread asking people to cease their personal attacks on Mike Stewart and base their opinions on verifiable facts.

I am consistent in these posts-- however when someone attacks ME, then I DO tend to use some rather strong language.

So it's not a matter of whether someone agrees or disagrees with me-- that's obvious from how I handled and responded or did not respond to those people.

It's a simple formula-- if you attack someone as your "Super Moderator" did and don't have any evidence whatsoever to support your attack, then you should expect to be blasted. In particular, you can expect to be blasted by the individual you have attacked.

Steven Youell

Bear Claw, personal attacks are why half the people here ARE here. That's the only point I've been making. It's about hunt, never mind who's the victim.

whitie, so not step over the line. Refer to Ken or me by our Bladeforums usernames. If you refer to us as mods, you are taking a serious risk of questioning our ability to moderate, and that is not your prerogative.

Take any such complaint to Service & Support.

It's a simple formula-- if you attack someone as your "Super Moderator" did ...

I know we were posting at the same time. Please read my last post and understand what I meant. This is NOT a threat, to whitie or to you. It is an attempt to return the forum to observance of an important rule.

Bear Claw, personal attacks are why half the people here ARE here.

Your probably right, but that other half, which I am trying to count myself in, are trying to get an understanding of why some things were done the way they were, to try and help us decide about future knife purchases, and if we might be supporting someone that may or may not deserve our support.

I've been called a "shil" for Mike Stewart and accused of getting free knives (never happened) and of being a "fanboy" of BRK&T in the past on this forum for defending him, but on just his comments and Reid's behavior on KF, I am truly discouraged about this situation.

Ken,

Now I'm a bit pissed off. Please tell me the following:

How much money do I make a year?
How much money do I have in the bank?
What type of college degree do I have?
What type of marketing experience do I have?
What is my work history?
What is on my resume?
Do I have any Sales Experience?
Do I have any Internet Marketing Experience?

Do you know the answers to those questions? No?
Then how the fuck would you know ANYTHING about whether I could have sold those knives and how the fuck would you know anything about my "means"?!?

I simply read the thread on KF and formed my own conclusion on how I think it went down between you and BRKT. Why so defensive?! Did I hit the nail on the head? No? Then calm down. Hey, I'm glad you got your money back and I hope you put it to good use.

With that said......

1. Yes, I own Bark River knives. Several as a matter of fact. I like them. Sue me.

2. My opinion was not influenced by anyone. I came to my opinion based on what has been posted on various forums and what I know of Mike Stewart on a personal level. I will never be in anyones pocket as some suggest. I am my own person and I can think for myself. It's worked for me for 38 years and I'm quite happy with the way that's worked out.

3. Despite this thread, though you may think otherwise, I can and will always be unbiased and neutral towards anyone who posts on BFC (unless you're a spammer. I hate them.) regardless of this much heated discussion. I wish no ill will nor do I hold a grudge.

4. I have always been fair and I have always been open to discussion with any member of this forum. My PM box is always open.

5. Emotions have run high in this thread and while it's true that I may have fanned the flames (though not intentionally. Crap. Maybe I need to infract myself!) I, like many others, needed to speak on the matter.

6. If I have offended anyone I wholeheartedly apologize.

Bear Claw, personal attacks are why half the people here ARE here. That's the only point I've been making. It's about hunt, never mind who's the victim.

And I agree. I came out against them. You came out against them.

So why don't you see KenC's post as a personal attack.

The man basically said I don't have the skills or the knowledge or the resources to sell those knives. He has no knowledge of my skills, experience or finances.

Can you explain to me how KenC's comments as I quoted are any different than the other personal attacks here that you have so disdained?

Steven Youell

I do know of a former respected BFC mod who had looked Mike Stewert in the eye many many times heck he even worked for him for a long time and has a very different opinion of Mike than Kenn does. I think I'll give his opinion a little more weight. Now to be fair I have talked with Mike S on the phone, but do not claim to know him very well.

where the heck did this come from?
you are questioning his ability to sell the knives IMHO.
btw,
what diffrence does that make to someone not involved?
(i have no dog in this fight...i could careless what SS did w/ the knives..had he received them

I think the moral of the story is "don't pay if you don't have the means to sell the items you're buying and expect your money back after it's been used to buy the material to make the items you can't sell because you don't have the means and the maker is covering his ass and doesn't want to get left holding the bag and then you get pissed even after you were told numerous times that when the knives are completed and sold you'll have a check".

what?

did you read the thread?

*they had a contract
*SS paid the manufacturer for said contract
*BRKT promised delivery
*delivery date missed
*delivery date missed
*months later no knives & manufacturer states "refund on his terms"

wtf?

worst business deal in history

once the manufacturer is paid ......why would he give a rat's behind what the distributor does w/ said product?
he has been paid

what if he put them in his safe & saved them?

DOT

who cares what the distributor does w/ the knives ONCE THEY ARE PAID FOR?

I simply read the thread on KF and formed my own conclusion on how I think it went down between you and BRKT. Why so defensive?!

Because the above quote demonstrates you are a hypocrite. You tell people that they don't have the entire story, yet you form an opinion of me WITHOUT reading the documentation and WITHOUT knowing anything about me.

Yes, I own Bark River knives. Several as a matter of fact. I like them. Sue me.

They make a good product. Not once have I knocked their product.

I came to my opinion based on what has been posted on various forums and what I know of Mike Stewart on a personal level.

Then could you please explain to me how you came to the conclusion that I did not have the ability to sell the knives? How did you come to the conclusion that you came to on my finances or abilities? Do you know ME on a personal level?

Despite this thread, though you may think otherwise, I can and will always be unbiased and neutral towards anyone who posts on BFC...

I am incredulous that you would expect ANYONE to believe that after you've posted what you did.

Steven Youell

Do you know more than what I know about the situation or are you basing your judgement on hearsay and your buddies on the Bark River Hate Wagon?

Stop basing what you think you know on how little you actually do know about what did or did not take place between Mike and Steve because it's obvious you don't know squat.

It's funny how when topics like this pop up everyone comes out of the woodwork to jump on in when they have no stake in the game. Amazing. :rolleyes:

I simply read the thread on KF and formed my own conclusion on how I think it went down between you and BRKT. Why so defensive?! Did I hit the nail on the head? No? Then calm down. Hey, I'm glad you got your money back and I hope you put it to good use.

Since Hardheart did ask SS for a copy of his proof I think he probably does know more about it than you do. So what is your stake in the game? I myself don't really have one other than it is intertaning witch is enough of a reason for me.

Last edited:
You pass judgment on him based on one internet sites trumped up claims and one disgruntled individuals one-sided story. I know what happened between Steve and Mike. I know what's truth and what is fiction

And months from now when this all blows over maybe I will tell you. Heck, maybe Mike will tell you if you call and ask him.

I simply read the thread on KF and formed my own conclusion on how I think it went down between you and BRKT.

2. My opinion was not influenced by anyone. I came to my opinion based on what has been posted on various forums and what I know of Mike Stewart on a personal level. I will never be in anyones pocket as some suggest. I am my own person and I can think for myself. It's worked for me for 38 years and I'm quite happy with the way that's worked out.

So which one is it? All of those are your words, I did not misquote anything you have said. If you "came to my (your) opinion based on what has been posted on various forums and what I (you) know of Mike Stewart on a personal level", how can you claim to know what happened?

IMO, you've obviously talked to someone about this (my guess is MS himself) since you apparently have some information that you can reveal when this all blows over. But of course, your opinion was not influenced by anyone. :rolleyes:

You weren't the only one to read all the threads about this mess and I for one apparently missed this big revelation that shows that MS's breach of contract was justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back