Barlow? Share all your Barlows here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see this thread resurface...here’s a few old ones.

hvuhKf9.jpg

Great photo as always Cigarodog. What's the background? Birch bark? Gorgeous
Thank you kindly. I’m not certain, but I believe it’s Birch. Where I live, all the other trees are darker, with normal looking bark, but there’s this one tree that has all this loose bark.

Dad passed away in 2017 and I've been going through his (and Mom's who passed in 2011) place for the last two years. I found all but the Remington in a dresser drawer in the guest room. I know the Case was Dad's back in the 70's (?) and I gave him the Remington about 20 years ago. I'm pretty sure its a Camillus. The other knives, I'm not sure if they were Dad's or Grandpa's. They've all seen hard use. From top to bottom, right side: Imperial, Remington, Case. Left side: Kutmaster, Camco, American Knife Co. (made in Japan!).
5fxYUZG.jpg
kQS340I.jpg

The Kutmaster and the Camco are in rough shape. Rougher than the pic shows. The Imperial is in decent shape except for the missing tip on the pen blade. The American is rough and missing the very tip of the main blade, but it could be serviceable. The Case is fine except for a lot of wear and the Remington is in decent useable shape.

bflying bflying
I really like those two Sarge BSA Barlows (top row, to right of the Ka-Bar Dog's Head)
The one I have gets a bit of pocket time.

Yes, they're one of my favorite on the inexpensive spectrum. I picked up 8 or 9, and have been slowly giving them away. Down to my last couple. Will probably keep both.

Also have one each of the tiny Sarge backlock (LB3 size), and little whittler. Far right on the second row of the same pic. Both also have the scout logo etch.

It may not be a Barlow that everyone wants and it might not have the carbon steel blades that are so sought after but it is my Case Barlow and it cuts. My experience is Tru Sharp, CV or 1095 all perform similarly with sharpness and edge holding. Tru Sharp is stainless and requires less care, that's all. But here's the best part, it is made in the good old USA by an outstanding company with a long standing pedigree.
fgQb89h.jpg
And it looks good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back