Barlow? Share all your Barlows here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
9biw6g.jpg

David, I've got it's cousin from 1999, a blue jigged Pocketworn Barlow. I prefer the bolster stamp on yours vs. the shield on mine for brand ID. OH
IMG-2349.jpg
Nice barlow OH, really like that blue. I agree I think a bolster stamp looks better for a barlow. I'm not sure what this pattern of jigging is called, is it corn cob? Anyways, it looks great in a pocket worn finish.

I haven't found a anyone who's seen the arrow thru R tang stamp. I would like to know more but it'll probably remain a mystery. Thanks Al.
rockman0 rockman0 Rob, that Russell is intriguing. I've never seen one with the arrow-thru-R stamped on reverse tang, nor with a full blade that is unsharpened! Makes you wonder about the story behind it. Thanks for showing!

It may not be a Barlow that everyone wants and it might not have the carbon steel blades that are so sought after but it is my Case Barlow and it cuts. My experience is Tru Sharp, CV or 1095 all perform similarly with sharpness and edge holding. Tru Sharp is stainless and requires less care, that's all. But here's the best part, it is made in the good old USA by an outstanding company with a long standing pedigree.
fgQb89h.jpg

Ripcord, I think that is Case's best example of a Barlow in the modern era - nice jigging on nicely colored red bone - looks deep like the older color.
David, Corncob is the style jigging, then it's also given the Pocketworn look. OH

David, I've got it's cousin from 1999, a blue jigged Pocketworn Barlow. I prefer the bolster stamp on yours vs. the shield on mine for brand ID. OH
IMG-2349.jpg
As you know, we don't always get what we want, bolster stamp vs. Shield but I sure think that is a beautiful knife. I love that blue , pocket worn corn cob. I don't need another Case barlow, though I do have a CV model ordered, but hey, I just may have to get a blue one like your just because I like that blue. I have a red pocket worn corn cob Trapper and the pocket worn is very comfortable and pleasing to hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back