Becker Free Fallin’ Snarkin’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some leather cup seals in today. May work on my old J C Higgins lantern tomorrow.

JC Higgins must have been 'all that' back in the day. I've had a couple firearms with their logo stamped on them.
I believe they were a brand from Sears. It's my understanding that he was an actual employee at Sears. The lantern my fil gifted me was at the cabin. I decided to mess with it while there, bringing some mantles with me. It wouldn't pump air, so I pulled the pump out, and the leather cup seal was almost non existent. I brought it home, and ordered some seals for it. I read up a bit about the lantern, and they said it was very loud as lanterns go, and it takes a bit to get it lit. Of course, I don't care about all that, it's still a cool, vintage lantern.

that bites … well the not getting paid part of missing work at least … and the feeling crappy … hope ya feel better soon!
Yeah, that's the worst part, for sure. I did take a mandatory test at home Tuesday, and that takes 3 hours, so I'll at least get paid for that. Was supposed to do another 3 hour test, which I was going to do today, but they didn't enroll me apparently. That would have been 6 hours, plus I was going to take a personal day, then I would have just been a day short pretty much.

50 degrees and calm. Seems like a perfect night so...
bHA6sWP.jpg

Get to feeling better Dubz

JC Higgins must have been 'all that' back in the day. I've had a couple firearms with their logo stamped on them.
Most likely Stevens and or Savage. They made firearms for any body who would pay. Montgomery Wards, Sears, JC Penny etc... JC Penny might have been Glenfield?

Got my Optimus 111B stove in today. Cool stove. Way bigger, and more powerful than my Optimus 99. I fired it up, but it does need new seals. I ordered an NRV tool for it, and replacement pips/seals for it. Was happy to get it for a hundred shipped. They go on eprey for up to 275 plus shipping.

Installed a new leather pump cup on my old lantern, oiled other parts as well. Installed a new mantle, pumped it up, and it lit right off the bat. Small leak somewhere though, as it's not holding pressure for very long. At least it lit, that's a start:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back