<<BECKERHEAD BEACHBODIES>> ;) *MYB* G~A~W !! {not just for fitness pros....}

yesterday - met up with some buddies to show them a "local" - ish trail and camping area.
according to the website it's a 4.5 mile loop -- one of the guys phone said we went 5.85 miles and a little over 11,000 steps -- and I did it with a 20 pound pack.
(pack was stuffed with a soft sided cooler full of food & a beer, a pair of growlers full of iced tea,cooking utensils, first aid kit, cordage, and sharpening supplies)
took us 111 minutes and both of the guys with me said I just about smoked them with the pace I set.

today - I helped a buddy set the last post for his smithy -- a 15' section of phone pole. after 3 tries with the base post, he decided it would be OK to switch to a section that was not quite as soaked in creosote. then we tied it into the rest of the structure with cedar 3x12's x 16' long.

Those pushups didn't count - you weren't even going halfway down ;)
Hah I hear ya

I've been on vacation. Been running 2.5 miles each day from the cottage down to the end of the wharf and back. It's beautiful out here in New Brunswick. We leave for home tomorrow, so a day of driving and no run.

Camping/Backpacking last week.
Daughter overworked the phone, and solar charger, on Day 1 so no pics or accurate trail mapping. But, she did wear the VivoSmart the whole time and it held its charge!

10.5 miles / 33,000 steps (her smaller ones, anyway) in on Wednesday, with a net elevation gain of 2000 ft. Base Camp at 6,000 ft. Upcountry camp over 8,000. But at least 3000ft of up with all the terrain changes. I had 45lbs on my back and a solid 5 on my hip.

11.5 miles (found the doggone trail!) / 29k steps out on Friday (don't ask.) Pack should have been several lbs lighter, but nobody else volunteered to carry the FAK so I added that to mine.

Did a little swimming, some other walking/hiking/climbing. Chopped, batoned and cut a bunch of firewood. Didn't really monitor activity.

Right knee was bothering me right before we left for the hike - felt like it needed to pop (which it does now and again). But it buckled under me, just walking around camp, prior to putting pack on. Against better judgment, I went anyway. (Mad scramble uphill in the first 1/2 mile of the trail. I figured if I could make that, I could finish the hike. If not, I could crawl back to camp and get someone to bring my pack back to base.) It got better the farther we got in, but favoring it the muscles nearby got all funky. Day 2 after a packless 1/2 mile scramble it finally felt decent again. Friday morning just leaving I took a too-long step from rock to boulder - really, really hurt and heard a "POP" - thought I blew out my ACL or something, although the pain was more accurately in the hamstring tendon. But, remarkably after another minute of walking it was best it had been in 2 days. I think I just stretched things out.
Was just about normal when we got back to camp. But Sunday my calves were very sore, and the right one looks and feels about an inch oversize.

Can't wait to do it again! Less the 24 hr flu / food poisoning / norovirus thing.

Completed my open water certification dives this weekend. Slept like crap all weekend, and wasn't able to sleep before returning to work last night. Realized I didn't have my GearFit turned on at about 3 am, and still ended up at 6000 steps by the time I left.

Congrats on getting your cert hh!

Weekend was spent at my wife's sisters cabin at the lake; too little exercise and too much alcohol involved:)

Back to evening walks this week. Started some light jogging to try and get my heart rate up a little more.

Only like 3000 steps yesterday. Haven't gotten back on the crunches, push-ups, and rucking bandwagon.
Stomach still sensitive from last week's virus, and calf/knee tendons still acting up.
Maintaining weight by not eating much...
Hopefully full recovery will come by or over the coming weekend.

2.7 miles run today, then stretching and a little playing. No serious workout, but I got approved for activity again! Surgeon said I was good enough to get back at it. Did a few pushups, pull-ups, and other activities to see how they felt. Going to start some light training next week!

yesterday - met up with some buddies to show them a "local" - ish trail and camping area.
according to the website it's a 4.5 mile loop -- one of the guys phone said we went 5.85 miles and a little over 11,000 steps -- and I did it with a 20 pound pack.
(pack was stuffed with a soft sided cooler full of food & a beer, a pair of growlers full of iced tea,cooking utensils, first aid kit, cordage, and sharpening supplies)
took us 111 minutes and both of the guys with me said I just about smoked them with the pace I set.

today - I helped a buddy set the last post for his smithy -- a 15' section of phone pole. after 3 tries with the base post, he decided it would be OK to switch to a section that was not quite as soaked in creosote. then we tied it into the rest of the structure with cedar 3x12's x 16' long.

Ready for round 2?

sure!
although tomorrow the local SCA group os having armored combat practice, so I should get plenty of exercise at that.

BwS_lpCIcAAWlo8.jpg

sure!
although tomorrow the local SCA group os having armored combat practice, so I should get plenty of exercise at that.

That sounds like fun!! What is the weight like on the armor / weapons tipcally?

2.8 mile run + some stretching and yoga / planks and 30 push ups :D I'm going to try to eeze back into it.... lord knows I need another injury right now.

Thursday evenings in Topeka's Gage Park
Sunday afternoon at my buddy Cliff's house - about 3 miles closer to the highway than I am.

armor weighs 25-50 pounds, depending on what it's made of and how much you're covering (celtic minimalist up through 15th century plate)
my shield weighs about 6-8 pounds, single handed weapons run 2-4 pounds, 2 handed weapons run 3-6 pounds.

Yep, Sounds like fun! I totally want to try it.

Today will be a rest day for me. Maybe a bit of stretching and playing with the kids at the park.

after a bit over 90 minutes in armor, I was done -- it's only 92 out, but the HI is 99 and there was no breeze today. (which is REALLY odd for Ks)
the weight of the armor is well distributed, so it's not particularly noticeable, but it's a lot like wearing a parka with a 14 pound hood, so the heat stress is pretty evil.

that and I got whacked pretty solid on one arm when I missed a block - and the goose egg is making my hand tingle, which also made it difficult to hold onto the weapon.

Sounds like fun!!

2.5 miles this morning followed by a light workout, stretching and some planks. I started light, 10 push ups with a 30 sec rest between. In my 8th set I started to feel it so I called it quits. I really want to push it... but I also need to be smart about it. I'll spend the rest of this month going at it like that and bump it up after I see a little improvement.

Back