Beer and Blades!

Heater Allen know how to brew some amazing lagers. 9/10 on the Pils.

SWsXkYwl.jpg

Great Nation's M-43 NE Style IPA. Maybe I got a bad one but not a fan of this. It seems like they just added something to it to make it hazy. Reminded me of adding flour or cornstarch to water? Just weird. The taste wasn't horrible but the haziness just was off-putting. I'm not a big fan of Hazy IPAs but like to try them to see if I can find one I like. This is not the one. 2/10?

hhpwax4l.jpg

To save my "beer evening", I moved on to this. Block 15 "The Audacity of Opacity" Thoughts on Reclaiming Clarity in the American IPA. Seemed like a logical choice after the M-43 above. This was very good. 8/10.

JWf3e8Yh.jpg

A lot (all?) of these Bearded Iris are NEIPAs and I think I prefer the clear, strong hopped west coast style a little more. All the BI beers I've had so far are similar with only slight differences from one another. They all have this warming boozy note that comes out as it warms up. I'd rank them all around the 8.0 - 8.5 range. Good stuff but not exactly what I'm looking for and $14/4pk plus the high sales tax around here. There's four or five west coast IPAs I like better at the grocery for $10.

I got a 4 pk of KBS to try this weekend and I'm looking forward to it.

Back