• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Review Before you order @ Blade HQ

Have you had problems with Blade HQ?

• Yes. But they resolved them appropriately.

Votes: 30 14.0%
  • Yes. And they didn’t seem to care.

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • No. They’ve been great.

Votes: 157 73.4%

• Total voters
I placed an order with them Friday, and it was out the door Saturday...due to be delivered tomorrow, so I can’t complain about BHQ, OR the USPS.
It should also be mentioned that the knife I ordered was only in stock at BHQ, so kudos to them for having something I wanted lol

Thank you guys for taking the time and extra effort to bring this up, much appreciated. It’s nice to see that you weren’t intimidated by such a larger store into holding back on the facts.

no response from BHQ, are they not active here?

If they have time for those knuckleheads to run around the warehouse shooting gimmicky, painfully staged, and all-too often lacking in knowledge of the products they're showing, they damn sure have time to grab your order and ship it! You sure can tell Ben is gone.

I've bought several times from @BladeHQ in the past and even conducted one return transaction. But there have been a lot of negative reviews here and I'm just not digging their almost cartoonish on line presence so I've moved on.

I've personally tagged them in other recent GBU threads and they haven't answered and people have not reported resolutions. Skeleton crews or not, that is not acceptable. Again, when flannel shirt and bald guy are making dumb videos. Put them to work in CS or shipping.

Bladehq is not coming up at all this morning. Before, I was checking out OTF knives and of course Bladehq came up and I had good luck with them years ago. Found this with about half of the customers unhappy.
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/bladehq.com

Bladeforums timeline for @BladeHQ
Last log in... Sept. 25, 2020
Last post... July 16, 2020
Dealer membership expired... Feb. 23,2020

Wow. So does that make them a non-supporting vendor now?

That would be correct.

Lol , wasn’t that BladeHQ that did a YouTube preview with Jared West’s upcoming line of Quartermaster from a lunch bag in the corner of a lobby at Shot Show ?

did something change at bladehq, as in ownership or management change? I done lots of business with the over the years and had rare few problems and all were taken care of....I saw that review site with 1 stars........I haven't bought from them for a while, and while there was always a handful here who had bad experience and didn't like them........ but I never felt they were that level of bad.

side note now that they have abandoned ship here as a supporting dealer. that alone leaves plenty of other good dealers for me to buy from.

They've been tagged several times in this thread and were on the site yesterday.

Ever since Ben Peterson left, BladeHQ seems to have turned into a playground for the inane staff that has taken over their marketing/fulfillment effort. They have a great website with poor service/follow-up IMO. With no knife sellers locally, I choose to support the mostly smaller, web-based sellers who seem to understand the true meaning of customer service.

I currently have 2 knives inbound from BHQ. One ordered Wednesday, shipped Friday and arriving the following Wednesday. Another order placed Thursday and it still hasn’t shipped as of today which means it won’t ship til Monday. Not very good. Both knives were BHQ exclusives so I had to go through them. They aren’t my first choice to buy from because of slow shipping and they charge sales tax. I prefer USA Made Blade, DLT or KC. All have been fantastic.

I do enjoy their videos on YouTube though.

Some sad news here. I will definitely think twice about ordering from them in the future if they don't redeem themselves.

...and they charge sales tax...
All web vendors are supposed to be charging sales tax now, FYI. Google it.

All web vendors are supposed to be charging sales tax now, FYI. Google it.

Nope. In my state there is a monetary $ threshold. Any seller whose sales fall below the threshold are not obliged to charge sales tax. That's why most smaller online knife sellers have an actual 8.25% advantage here in my state. Google it. :)

Probably going to ruffle some feather, oh well. The survey says that over 86% of the customers from here either had no issue with BladeHQ or the issue was resolved satisfactorily, so what's all the slamming about? Just a question; what does a marketer such as BladeHQ get in return for supporting this Forum? I don't see a heading like the knife makers get where they can post.

No way to satisfy 100%, but 14% unsatisfied is not all that good. Would you deal with an eBay seller with 86% positive feedback? You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, as are those who disagree with you.
Yeah the points are pretty scary but if you jump into the details of who and why some of the complaints are prominent it's more like a Karen posting a bad yelp review because a restaurant won't make chicken nuggets the right way for her kids.

I don't deal with eBay, Craig's List or PayPal. Since the survey is posted in a negative thread for BladeHQ I'd say 86% is pretty darned good.

Back