• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Review Before you order @ Blade HQ

Have you had problems with Blade HQ?

• Yes. But they resolved them appropriately.

Votes: 30 14.0%
  • Yes. And they didn’t seem to care.

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • No. They’ve been great.

Votes: 157 73.4%

• Total voters
Or perhaps the product of a situation that could have turned catastrophicly bad and been avoided entirely at multiple different points?

Not trying to disparage HQ in anyway, really, just attempting to illustrate that this is exactly the place to post 10 paragraph long reviews if someone so chooses.

It also offers a fantastic opportunity for BladeHQ to learn from feedback such as this.

And just so were crystal clear -
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/before-you-order-blade-hq.1651148/
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/blade-hq-customer-service.1649233/
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladehq-poor-cs.1563859/

That's three in a year. Just on this forum. Pretty much revolving around the same issue. You'd deny a company this information for what reason? A prudent company would welcome feedback such as this.

Voice of experience? Nah. Experience sounds totally different.
3 complaints/bad reviews in a year. Wow, no pressure there. I wonder how many thousands or tens of thousands of knives that BHQ sells in a year. I bet it's a staggering amount. And 3 complaints here. Just sayin'.......

Never dealt with BHQ, but did nix a deal with another outfit because of the tax thing. Got what I wanted, without tax, at another place.

I’ve only bought from BladeHQ a few times but the times I did the service was always pretty good...with that being said,I just ordered a Spyderco Autonomy 2 from BladeHQ and some of y’all are making me nervous..LMAO..I’m not to worried about it,the other times I ordered from them it was at my doorstep 3 sometimes 4 days after placing the order..that’s pretty good considering I live in East Tennessee

My order with BladeHQ from 8/21 has not been shipped still.

Ordered
08/21/20

Processing
08/21/20

Shipped

I've contacted customer service 5 times in email, 2 times on the phone. They've only replied back to me twice. Here are the replies:

Sep 7, 2020,
Thank you for your email and I'm sorry for the late reply.

I would like to apologize for the long wait and for the delay as we work remotely and our warehouse team is on a skeleton workforce and your order might have slipped between the cracks.

I have gone ahead and contacted our shipping team and asked them to ship your order as soon as possible. Should there be any issues, we will contact you by email.

If you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
James P.
Customer Service Rep.

Sep 17, 2020
I would like to apologize if your order is still not shipped.

I looked into your order and I can see that it is being processed and our team upgraded the shipping so it should arrive soon. I also contacted our shipping team again and hopefully your order will be shipped tomorrow. Again I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,
James P.
Customer Service Rep.

Today is Oct 1. My credit card has been charged already. I think I've been very patient and BladeHQ is left me no choice but to post a complaint here.

Ordered
08/21/20

Processing
08/21/20

Shipped

I've contacted customer service 5 times in email, 2 times on the phone. They've only replied back to me twice. Here are the replies:

Sep 7, 2020,

I would like to apologize for the long wait and for the delay as we work remotely and our warehouse team is on a skeleton workforce and your order might have slipped between the cracks.

I have gone ahead and contacted our shipping team and asked them to ship your order as soon as possible. Should there be any issues, we will contact you by email.

Kind regards,
James P.
Customer Service Rep.

Sep 17, 2020

I looked into your order and I can see that it is being processed and our team upgraded the shipping so it should arrive soon. I also contacted our shipping team again and hopefully your order will be shipped tomorrow. Again I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
James P.
Customer Service Rep.

Today is Oct 1. My credit card has been charged already. I think I've been very patient and BladeHQ is left me no choice but to post a complaint here.
That seems really egregious and probably worth a new GB&U thread. I will say that I ordered from them three days ago and they shipped immediately, so I don't think it's indicative of their regular performance, but that doesn't in any way excuse them for keeping your order in limbo for more than a month.

I too have a long history of buying from BladeHQ, all the way from 2013, without a single issue. As I said, I've no choice but to post a complaint here as I really want to receive my order.

Order Date Status Actions
8-21-2020 Processing: 8-21-2020 Not Shipped
11-17-2019 Cancelled
10-07-2019 Shipped: 10-08-2019
07-09-2018 Shipped: 7-10-2018
6-27-2018 Shipped: 6-28-2018
6-27-2018 Cancelled
12-30-2017 Shipped: 12-30-2017
7-14-2016 Shipped: 7-14-2016
12-02-2015 Shipped: 12-05-2015
9-11-2014 Shipped: 9-12-2014
03-02-2014 Shipped: 3-03-2014
12-01-2013 Shipped: 12-02-2013
4-25-2013 Shipped: 4-25-2013

Ordered
08/21/20

Processing
08/21/20

Shipped

Sep 7, 2020,

Kind regards,
James P.
Customer Service Rep.

Sep 17, 2020

Kind regards,
James P.
Customer Service Rep.

If they have time for those knuckleheads to run around the warehouse shooting gimmicky, painfully staged, and all-too often lacking in knowledge of the products they're showing, they damn sure have time to grab your order and ship it! You sure can tell Ben is gone.

I've bought several times from @BladeHQ in the past and even conducted one return transaction. But there have been a lot of negative reviews here and I'm just not digging their almost cartoonish on line presence so I've moved on.

I've personally tagged them in other recent GBU threads and they haven't answered and people have not reported resolutions. Skeleton crews or not, that is not acceptable. Again, when flannel shirt and bald guy are making dumb videos. Put them to work in CS or shipping.

I've personally tagged them in other recent GBU threads and they haven't answered and people have not reported resolutions. Skeleton crews or not, that is not acceptable. Again, when flannel shirt and bald guy are making dumb videos. Put them to work in CS or shipping.
Bladeforums timeline for @BladeHQ
Last log in... Sept. 25, 2020
Last post... July 16, 2020
Dealer membership expired... Feb. 23,2020

Sad to hear, they were my go to when I first really got into knives.

Cam started as a knife knerd who began selling out of his garage so he could get his hands on more and different knives and then evolved it into BHQ and Blade Play, which was for more gadgety type stuff and low end clones.

The first knife I ever bought online was from Blade Play in the very early 2000’s and then I moved up to BHQ.

I remember when Cam was BHQ and did it all himself, and did a great job of taking care of business, but sounds like that’s not so much the case any more.

Hopefully they get it back together, I haven’t dealt with them in a long time but really did appreciate what they had going.

Winston

Back