Behold, John Locke's Knives from Lost!

Thanks for this thread, guys, I've been wondering what most of the knives in the show were. Man, Locke has a lot of crappy knives! What a goober, carrying that junk around in a case like that. You would think that anyone who went to the trouble to pack so many knives to take on a trip would have had something a little better to pack! Such bad taste!

It kind of makes me feel good, in an extra dorky sort of way, knowing that my knives are so much better than Locke's. Too bad for him. He sure needs them a lot more than I do. Except for the fact that he has the prop department to magically replace any of the knives he damages or breaks.

losts02e02sr0.jpg

It is Smith&Wesson Medium SWAT knife (SW4000)
sw4000fe2.jpg

Ahha! Score. I'm actually a big fan of the show, and have wondered exactly what knives he's carrying around.

It's agreed that most if not all of them are armchair commando knives. Wheelchair commando, even (see the show.)

But, the writing is pretty good, so this may have been done at least partly on purpose, as Paul Davidson posted.

I kinda like this pic: :D

knived-hurley.jpg

Must be nice for Locke to have an insanely cool knife selection right there on the island. :D

Hi I am new...
I want to do the same thing... I have 3 of the knives unite cutlery tanto, buck 119 and ka-bar but I am not able to find the others. Can you help me where do I have to search ? Some interesting site ?
Thank you

Hey Guys..

On one of the last episodes outside of the radio tower I could swear Locke was using a SOG Seal Pup.
In another episode, one of the chicks (was an other) pulled and used the Flipper on a Chive...

Thanks and Excellent pictures and investigation you guys!!

ttyle

Eric
O/ST

Those are quality knives. They don't need sharpening :eek:
OTOH, thanks for the most informative thread guys. :thumbup:
The fluctuation of the knives (especially the Harpy replaced with the Delica clone) makes me wonder if somone didn't simply "seized" the quality knives for himself / herself... :rolleyes:

So, does nobody have a cap of Rosario Dawson's character wielding the Buck 110? No, she's not Locke, but she's a heckuva lot better looking than him.:D

DD

So, does nobody have a cap of Rosario Dawson's character wielding the Buck 110? No, she's not Locke, but she's a heckuva lot better looking than him.:D

DD

That character was "Ana-Lucia" played by Michelle Rodriguez.

Recently Locke's been only using his SOG Seal... The majority of the crappy knives he gave to other characters... Why he's using it as some sort of apple-eating utensile is anyone's guess... Also seems rather dumb to be holding it up to his mouth as he's walking through the jungle..

locke_seal.jpg

A few weeks ago, Kate grabbed Juliet's Kershaw Ken Onion Leek (or maybe it was a Chive, see Normark's post below..) and threatened her with it.. They did a close up of the blade flipping out w/ the spring-assit mechanism..

Hey Guys..

On one of the last episodes outside of the radio tower I could swear Locke was using a SOG Seal Pup.
In another episode, one of the chicks (was an other) pulled and used the Flipper on a Chive...

Thanks and Excellent pictures and investigation you guys!!

ttyle

Eric
O/ST

A few weeks ago, Kate grabbed Juliet's Kershaw Ken Onion Leek (or maybe it was a Chive, see Normark's post below..) and threatened her with it.. They did a close up of the blade flipping out w/ the spring-assit mechanism..

It was a scallion.

What was the deal with that knife? I remember watching the special features for the movie on DVD and they made it seem like that knife design was a super functional uber survival knife.

the Tom Brown tracker ! I bought one at a show a year ago it's was a TOPS brand and although the knife wasn't badly made it wasn't even remotely ergonomic.. I sold it for a small profit to someone who saw that movie and loved it... ahhh marketing.

Back