Benchmade 560 (Freek) Any thoughts?

Looks like another new Benchmade knife as for the spyderco Delica i have one and it's a very nice and useful knife also it's cost around $50 less then the new BM 560. Both knives are from quality knife Mfg's. So you can't go wrong with what ever you end up buying.

New and soon coming Benchmade 560
Dual durometer handles afford strength, comfort and positive grip to this versatile folder. Made in USA.

Designer: Benchmade
Mechanism: AXIS®
Action: Manual-opening
Blade Steel: CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC)
Blade Length: 3.60" (9.14cm)
Blade Thickness: 0.114" (2.896mm)
Open Length: 8.46" (21.49cm)
Closed Length: 4.86" (12.34cm)
Handle Thickness: 0.65" (16.51mm)
Weight: 3.72oz. (105.46g)

FEATURES
Blade Edge Plain
Blade Finish/Color Satin
Blade Style/Shape Drop-point
Clip Type Split arrow
Clip Position Reversible Tip-Up
Glass Breaker No
Handle Material Versaflex
Lanyard Hole Yes
MOLLE Compatible No
Sheath Type No Sheath
Use Every Day

been carrying it exclusively the past couple of days. the s30v is holding up much better than i remembered it being. i've done some food prep on a wooden cutting board and broken down a handful of cardboard boxes with no effect on the edge. it's holding that initial high sharpness very well. handle feels great in the hand and there is no blade play in any direction. the one complaint i have is the grippiness of the handle is making in or out of the pocket more challenging. i've put a looser clip on to help with this but it's something that will likely always be an issue. still, i'm really loving it so far.

Mine came in from KW today and I am pleased with it. I wasn't planning on getting one right away but I got a new EDC/truck pack (Oakley Extractor) and it had a slot for a pocket clip on the strap so I figured this would be a perfect all-purpose knife to throw on there. Feels pretty much like a grip 2.0 IMO. It is comfortable in the hand and the rubber scales don't bother me at all, but only time will tell how well they will hold up. They seem durable enough though, not quite as soft as the rubber on my Snody HK AXIS. Blade centering was dead on. I loosened the pivot ever so slightly (maybe 1/16 of a turn or possibly even less) and it flicks easily open and closed with the best of them, still without the slightest hint of play. As mentioned earlier, it doesn't have the plastic "thwack" sound of the grip that many hate but most of us grow to love when we experience the utility of the knife over time, though it still has a great AXIS lock sound. All in all, good purchase, another nice workhorse BM that I plan to use with reckless abandon.

@NSBL what first prod number range did you get Buddy? mine's coming from KW too but as I'm in the UK its gonna be a while before i see it :(

the one complaint i have is the grippiness of the handle is making in or out of the pocket more challenging. i've put a looser clip on to help with this but it's something that will likely always be an issue.

This knife is def not for me then. Thanks for the info!

I'm sure. I can try to get a pic tomorrow

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

To me the Freek looks pretty much like a ritter grip and I luvs my ritter grips. Im not a big fan of s30v however as I like to keep my bevels at 30 degrees or lower and s30v is way to chippy at 30 degrees. I also prefer the ritters flat grind to the hollow grind on freek but If they put one out in M4 or M390 id be all over it. The new rubberized handle scales do intrigue me however, I think id prefer them to the plastic griptilian scales. That being said, there is nothing wrong with the gritilian scales they are very light and very durable also, have a good amount of grip. In fact, they are probably the best scales you could ask for from purely a functional stand point but they do still just have cheapy feel about them.

Last edited:
IMG_20170203_153622.jpg

To me it looks like the Doug Ritter Grip. Maybe thats why they discontinued it to make ppl purchase this instead. I can never get past the point though an item over $100 and cheap handle material. Dont get me wrong i love Benchmade just saying in general. My summertime when wearing shorts is always my 940-1. Loveeee it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ^^

I had a Spyderco Provenator that had rubberized inserts.

I hated it.

It actually was a pain to pull out of my pocket that I once have myself a wedgy.

Screenshot_2017_02_14_19_57_02.png

probably not. just saw this on a yt review.

[video]https://youtu.be/GCBif2BEpss[/video]
https://youtu.be/GCBif2BEpss

I really don't like it after watching that. good blade shape, should be a better slicer. grip looks comfortable in hand. but. I'm not going to suggest under built but not hard use.

Last edited:
Those rubberized handles are going to wear quickly, and I wonder what BM's stance will be with them.For those who haven't handled it, the lighter colored insert is a hard plastic, and the rest of the handle is rubberized.

Back