1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Benchmade and their choices as a company

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Pearly_Baker, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pearly_Baker

Pearly_Baker Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Alsharif likes this.
  2. NMpops

NMpops

Aug 9, 2010
    Not all of us can open links. I don't have facebook and never will.

3. The Aflac Duck

The Aflac Duck Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Maybe they'll cut down their prices next!

4. Pearly_Baker

Jun 30, 2016
    Fair enough. I agree, and can only open the link because my wife has logged in on this computer. I assume the following image will provide some information on the topic.

[​IMG]

Like I said, take it for whatever you feel it's worth.

Legendary_Jarl likes this.
  5. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    So what you’re saying is Benchmade cuts up guns as ordered by their local PD? I’m far less bothered by this than their ridiculous prices for what you get.

6. Rugersr1911

Rugersr1911

Sep 2, 2018
    Lol. These tools just went the way of Springfield with this stunt. Fuck benchmade and their overpriced knives.... I'll keep spending my money on spyderco and Zt...

Flame on.....

7. coltc11

coltc11 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2018
    If you go to the Benchmade forum on here you can see the original post and more details.

8. Coyja

Coyja Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Yeah from what I see on FB some social media warriors with eyes on stirring up controversy for clicks and a distinct lack of personal awareness, context, or reading comprehension are the ones driving this. And they are also getting slayed for the ridiculous spin they are attempting.
    American knife company destroys guns (that were freely asked to be destroyed or court ordered as some were seized from crack houses and the like) as a solid to local law enforcement.
    The same guys that claim to bleed PD blue and love to shout “fake news!” are taking advantage here to rile up social media looks.
    It’s honesty hilariously embarrassing, if they weren’t trying to take down a fantastic American knife maker at the same time.
    This forum shouldn’t assist this narrative.
    Don’t feed those trolls.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  9. Pearly_Baker

Jun 30, 2016
    I think you make a good observation, but after a bit of research, I'm not sure that's all there is to this.

10. Pearly_Baker

Jun 30, 2016
    This could be true. It's probably a good idea for everybody to do some of their own research on the topic.

11. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
  12. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
  13. tokerblue

tokerblue

May 1, 2010
    Wouldn't it have been a solid from the local law enforcement to put the original post in context?

14. Pearly_Baker

Jun 30, 2016
    marcinek likes this.
  15. Coyja

Coyja Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Funny how the police get the benefit of the doubt in just about everything but this was a quick jump to conclusions... I first saw the blow up about this in a Spyderco forum btw, which makes it particularly telling to me...

jazub and bikerector like this.
  16. Pearly_Baker

Jun 30, 2016
    Not where I saw it...obviously YMMV.

Coyja likes this.
  17. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    YAWN.

marrenmiller, 7east, brancron and 3 others like this.
  18. Alsharif

Alsharif Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Never was a fan anyway. Benchmade ought to clarify the matter and their stance.

19. VernonRemington

VernonRemington Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Much ado about nothing. I’ve never been a big fan of benchmade anyway.

Moron Labe bro’s looking for any reason to get fired up.

20. Night Rider

Night Rider

Apr 16, 2018
    The PD reached out to BenchMade to do a job that has to be done and it saved Taxpayers Money so what's the big deal hear? Im LMAO at how Butt hurt some folks got before they even knew any of the facts! For :poop: sake people do a little research on the interweb before you get your panties in a bunch, cancel orders, and trash a great USA based company. For those people still upset over this Travesty I will personally pay you 10 cents on the dollar Via Paypal for your NIB Benchmade knives :D so let's all simmer down and have a couple of beers :cool::thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.